Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by paulace
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pepe_Le_Pew (resized).png
    803CB5A9-598C-469A-A42F-3B80C40D8A49 (resized).jpeg
    61X+cbabT8L._SL1500_.jpg
    B6D644C5-556A-4CA0-B8E8-3DF6AD58F946 (resized).jpeg
    E435B213-0194-479B-9D65-91D44B05D600 (resized).jpeg
    147585_10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180713_195751752 (resized).jpg
    glass cleaner.jpg
    Sparkle.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Get a gallon of glass cleaner concentrate at a real janitorial supply store.

$9 of concentrate makes 14 GALLONS of glass cleaner.

3 years later
    #52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I've been in the glass industry for 25 years
    Sprayway has been my go to for quite some time now

I've been using, 50% distilled water, with 50% isopropyl alcohol. I tried Sprayway today,and I'll never use my homemade cleaner again.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I've been using, 50% distilled water, with 50% isopropyl alcohol. I tried Sprayway today,and I'll never use my homemade cleaner again.

I use purple Sparkle. Your concoction will work well on flipper rubber and post rubber.

#54 5 years ago

+1 for invisible glass. Love that stuff.

#55 5 years ago

Sprayway

IMG_20180713_195751752 (resized).jpgIMG_20180713_195751752 (resized).jpg
    #56 5 years ago

I use Sprayway; just bought some today at Home Depot, it's only $1.99 a can.

7 months later
    #57 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sprayway, according to the can it's the Worlds Best Glass Cleaner, Ammonia free. It's streakless.
    Been using it for years. Comes in a tall spray can, works great.
    LTG : )™

Is it safe to use on PDI/Invisiglass/Stern HD?

#58 5 years ago

When The Glass Men(local company), mirrored one of the walls in my gym, they shined it brighter than anything I'd ever seen. I asked what he used. It was this. He sells it for $4.99.

147585_10 (resized).jpg147585_10 (resized).jpg
    #59 5 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Is it safe to use on PDI/Invisiglass/Stern HD?

Yes.

#60 5 years ago

Sprayway for the win...it really is that good.

#61 5 years ago

Sprayway has slight odor but is the best glass cleaner I've used too.

#62 5 years ago

I have a 40 year old EM with playfield glass that has some significant scratches. I use whatever I already have (Windex and paper towels). It gets the finger prints off, and that's as good as I would expect out of this glass.

#63 5 years ago

SuzoHapp Glass cleaner is great. Been using it for years.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/cleaning_maintenance/29-1018-2014

#64 5 years ago

I'm gonna have to try this Sprayway stuff. I've been using Windex with a blue microfiber cloth, but with the way you guys have been talking, it sounds like gold!

I use to use InvisibleGlass, but I've found that it left a residue with little flicks of "stuff" on the glass and no amount of wiping would remove it. Use to use it on my windshield on my cars, and it did the same.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm gonna have to try this Sprayway stuff. I've been using Windex with a blue microfiber cloth, but with the way you guys have been talking, it sounds like gold!
    I use to use InvisibleGlass, but I've found that it left a residue with little flicks of "stuff" on the glass and no amount of wiping would remove it. Use to use it on my windshield on my cars, and it did the same.

I use sprayaway exclusively, it foams up on contact, and doesnt streak as long as the glass is clean and youre not spreading around dust.

I use almost any kind of towel on jersey jacks invisiglass and it leaves behind little specs of fiber, takes several passes to get it all off

#66 5 years ago

I use Turtle Wax Chrome Polish on non-invisiglass. I use it especially for machines brought to shows. It does an excellent job of cleaning the glass and leaves no streaks. If you are old enough to remember, it mimics Glass Wax the pink stuff of olden times. With oil build-up on windshields the this stuff cuts the oil, bugs and road dirt off.

The other thing is it leaves a wax on the glass that repels drinks spills, finger printing and is slick to where you don't want to leave at drink on the glass. So I use it especially for machines at shows. You have to use care in handling your glass as it does become slick in your hands.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Interesting... I've never heard of Sprayway. Is it out west in Calif?

I have used Sprayway for 3 years, love it and the can still feels full. It is made in Illinois. Reading the label it contains "liquefied petroleum gas" and "not for use on non glass flat panel TV screens"

#68 5 years ago

Buy a pack of cheap dollar store coffee filters for wiping glass. Father in law ran a window company, he showed me this trick and its amazing how well they work. I use the coffee filters with a light mist of Sprayaway and if it wasn't for reflections I'd swear the glass was off.

#69 5 years ago

Sprayway cleans and polishes the glass, I use a micro fiber towel and it always looks good.

#70 5 years ago

Hope's Perfect Glass

#71 5 years ago

Aunt Jemimah’s and a 50 grit sanding pad.

When that won’t clean the glass, I usually use 40% isopropyl alcohol and 60% water in a spray bottle.

#72 5 years ago

Windex

1 month later
    #73 4 years ago

Good read. I've got to try something other than Windex. I feel I am constantly cleaning glass and starting to feel Windex (blue) leave something undesired behind.

#74 4 years ago

Like everyone else said, this is the stuff to get. And it’s easy to find just about anywhere.

E435B213-0194-479B-9D65-91D44B05D600 (resized).jpegE435B213-0194-479B-9D65-91D44B05D600 (resized).jpeg
    #75 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What glass cleaner do you use on playfield glass and the front of backglasses that won't leave streaks, residue, etc?

I use this.
    Happ Industrial Strength Arcade Pinball Glass Cleaner 19 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L5RN32O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_JxYXCbPPWHDXN

A little goes a long ways. And micro fiber towels.

#76 4 years ago

Sprayway and paper towel

Some version of this spray can foam is available at every grocery store, wal mart and home depot out there. It’s cheap and works well.

I’ve used many store brands and they all seem to work well. They usually come in a can with similar colors.

Zep is the one I see the most locally

B6D644C5-556A-4CA0-B8E8-3DF6AD58F946 (resized).jpegB6D644C5-556A-4CA0-B8E8-3DF6AD58F946 (resized).jpeg
    #77 4 years ago
    Quoted from evh347:

I use this.
    Happ Industrial Strength Arcade Pinball Glass Cleaner 19 oz. amazon.com link »
    A little goes a long ways. And micro fiber towels.

$20 per can? That's expensive.

Sprayway is $9 for a 4-pack.

https://www.amazon.com/Sprayway-Glass-Cleaner-19oz-4pk/dp/B074LB1HGL/

FYI, I've been using sprayway since I initially posted this thread 3 years ago, and it's been working fine for me.

#78 4 years ago

Spraway or Zep got my vote. Going to pickup some today or order it from Amazon. ( Yeah I know but my time is more valuable )

Okay edit. Think I will just go to home depot. Amazon has really jacked the prices up on Sprayway

#79 4 years ago

Perfect Glass seems to work better for me than anything else.

#80 4 years ago

Sprayaway is the best ive seen yet. You can get it at Wal Mart.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Sprayway has slight odor but is the best glass cleaner I've used too.

A slight odor?! Sprayway stinks to high heaven! One use and I gave the can away.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

I like this stuff.

[quoted image]

I do too, but the foam version performs better IMO (I own and use both). This stuff will make your pin look "imamaculate".

https://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Glass-Premium-Cleaner-91164/dp/B0007OWD2M/ref=sr_1_2

61X+cbabT8L._SL1500_.jpg61X+cbabT8L._SL1500_.jpg

#83 4 years ago

I have a can of Sprayway and Invisible Glass. I think they are both the same. No streaks, safe on invisaglass, both foam and smell the same. Use a MF cloth (paper towels leave lint). Windex is horrible, it leaves tons of streaks. When I clean my games the glass looks literally invisible.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

A slight odor?! Sprayway stinks to high heaven! One use and I gave the can away.

Just put a clothespin on your nose and go to town Tuna! You will be done in a matter of minutes and your games will look great!

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just put a clothespin on your nose and go to town Tuna! You will be done in a matter of minutes and your games will look great!

Nah - SUPER perfumey and it threw my wife's scent allergies into a tizzy.

I only tried Sprayway for the hell of it since I had seen it mentioned so much on Pinside. I really don't need it as I have PDI glass on all my games and a homemade blend of 50% water, 50% isopropyl alcohol, and a few drops of Dawn detergent works great!

#86 4 years ago

Okay going to redo my before after comparison with SprayMax vs Windex. Think I've figured out a better way to shoot this.

#87 4 years ago

I use Zep, i got a lifetime supply for free so that helped, but it is a good product too.

#88 4 years ago

I kind of like the smell of Sprayway. I already had some for car interior glass cleaning before getting my first pin last year.

After cleaning the glass on all machines with microfiber, I use the damp cloth to wipe flipper button areas, lockdown bars, plunger knobs, and coin doors if necessary. My plunger knobs are all nice and smooth and clean easily. My OCD self couldn't handle a character knob.

The Sprayway smell doesn't last too long, which is a good thing. I like the smell, but wouldn't want it to linger.

#89 4 years ago
    803CB5A9-598C-469A-A42F-3B80C40D8A49 (resized).jpeg803CB5A9-598C-469A-A42F-3B80C40D8A49 (resized).jpeg
    #90 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adaminski:

I kind of like the smell of Sprayway. ...

To each his own. Enjoy!

Pepe_Le_Pew (resized).pngPepe_Le_Pew (resized).png

#91 4 years ago

To each his own. Enjoy!
    [quoted image]

Yer name is Tuna...and you say something else stinks?!

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Yer name is Tuna...and you say something else stinks?!

C'mon man - there is NOTHING to compare with the smell of fresh tuna!

Deeeeeelightful!!!

#93 4 years ago

I use the blue simple glass cleaner with a micro fiber towel. Simple green can be found at walmart, target, and a million other places (it is cheap too!), and I buy micro fiber towels in packs of 3 for a buck at the dollar tree.

2 weeks later
    #94 4 years ago

Anyone use e-cloths? They're expensive (about $15 for a set), but last a good while and work great on glass. They make them for all sorts of surfaces these days, but the green ones for glass are perfect. One thin and one thick microfiber cloth in the package....just wet the thick one, wipe down the glass, and dry it with the thin one. No streaks, no chemicals...love them!

https://www.ecloth.com/products/10615w_window-cleaning-pack-2-cloths?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsZzolpOl4gIVGovICh344gRoEAYYASABEgKP1fD_BwE

A local hardware store around here has them, sometimes fancy grocery stores.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-glass-cleaner-do-you-use/page/2?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.