Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by paulace
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pepe_Le_Pew (resized).png
    803CB5A9-598C-469A-A42F-3B80C40D8A49 (resized).jpeg
    61X+cbabT8L._SL1500_.jpg
    B6D644C5-556A-4CA0-B8E8-3DF6AD58F946 (resized).jpeg
    E435B213-0194-479B-9D65-91D44B05D600 (resized).jpeg
    147585_10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180713_195751752 (resized).jpg
    glass cleaner.jpg
    Sparkle.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

What glass cleaner do you use on playfield glass and the front of backglasses that won't leave streaks, residue, etc?

#2 8 years ago

windex and newspaper work for me.

#4 8 years ago

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5177

I use this, its cheap and whenever I order anything from Monoprice I grab one. I use it on the DMD as well.

#5 8 years ago

Hope's Perfect Glass applied with blue operating room cotton towels (unused ones get tossed out).

#6 8 years ago

Sprayway, according to the can it's the Worlds Best Glass Cleaner, Ammonia free. It's streakless.

Been using it for years. Comes in a tall spray can, works great.

LTG : )™

#7 8 years ago

There's an op in town that swears by newspaper and I gotta admit his glass usually looks pretty darn good, though I think the main argument for using it is that it's cheap/free.

I use Sprayway and a microfiber cloth on all my pinball glass. Also use it on all the windows in our house, mirrors, car windshields - the stuff rocks!

#10 8 years ago

Dollar store window cleaner

#12 8 years ago

Spray-a-buey - Its for Mexicans

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sprayway, according to the can it's the Worlds Best Glass Cleaner, Ammonia free. It's streakless.

+4

#15 8 years ago

I just realized I'm older than I thought.

#16 8 years ago

Newspaper actually works great, since it's lint and streak free. I use it all the time when cleaning the windows in my house. I don't think I'd want to use it on my $300 PDI glass, though.

#17 8 years ago

Anything blue.

#18 8 years ago

No streaks and I believe the oil adds to the brilliance. I've been using newspapers since my car detailing days in high school but it's getting harder to find them laying around now. I haven't bought a physical newspaper in over 15 years.

#19 8 years ago

For invisiglass per jacks recommendation, I use:

50% distilled water
    50% isopropyl alcohol (90% alcohol or more I believe)

#21 8 years ago

Best to use any glass cleaner that is non-ammoniated when working on games. I usually use some type of spray foam glass cleaner made by Betco (large private label chemical manufacturer)

Happ's is decent and they usually run a deal on it for like $25-$30 per case - at least they used to but then I have a few years supply for around the house.

#22 8 years ago

My Mother use to use a vinegar and water mixture, with newspaper for the windows at home. The newspaper trick involves using no coloured printed paper, just black printed pages. The new dyes in newspapers today are different than in the 1970's. Now this is for regular glass not any anti glare treated glass.

As for automotive aftermarket window film (tinted glass), avoid using an Ammonia based glass cleaner as the glue is affected by ammonia.

#23 8 years ago

I had been using windex and a micro fiber towel. However, I think I will be trying some of these suggestions.

#24 8 years ago

Windex and microfiber for the win

#25 8 years ago

I have a friend that maintains very expensive classic cars and recommended Adams brand to me a few years ago so i have been using it. He said a lot of the high end detail shops use it. also said never use anything like paper towel or newspaper because it's made from wood. 100% cotten tee will work if you don't have a microfiber towel.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/interior/adam-s-microfiber-glass-cleaning-towels.html
    http://adamspolishes.com/shop/interior/adam-s-glass-cleaner-gallon.html
    http://adamspolishes.com/shop/interior.html

#26 8 years ago

+1 on the Sparkle since I have added sheets of Invisiglass but I used Sprayaway before that.

#27 8 years ago

I use the Windex vinegar-based stuff. Safe on Invisiglass and PDI and great on all glass in general.

#28 8 years ago

Sprayway is what I use.

#29 8 years ago

Windex on non-PDI glass. Glass Plus on PDI glass.

#30 8 years ago

windex and paper towels

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Sprayway is what I use.

Me too. Fantastic stuff.

#32 8 years ago

Just try it.

If you have a woodburning fireplace with glass door. Trust me straight ammonia and newspaper is the only way to clean glass. Yes newspaper is great for any glass cleaning. DON't know why just know it works. save the money from paper towels.

Also so you don't have to clean dust off as much buy a towel for each pin and leave on top of glass when not in use.

There are Dust removale systems too Like a big lint roller and sticky paper. Although pretty pricey.

#33 8 years ago

Castle streak-proof glass cleaner. Better than anything else I've tried, by far.

#34 8 years ago

I like this stuff.

glass cleaner.jpgglass cleaner.jpg
    #35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

For invisiglass per jacks recommendation, I use:

50% distilled water
    50% isopropyl alcohol (90% alcohol or more I believe)

This is what I use for my WOZ invisiglass and all my games. I just mix 50% distilled water with 50% of the 90% alcohol in a spray bottle and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. It works really great, better than Windex in my opinion, no streaks or lint. It also makes a nice hand sanitizer.

Newspapers also work great, but I don't have any of them around anymore.

#38 8 years ago

I've had good results with 91% rubbing alcohol and a touch of elbow grease.

#39 8 years ago

+1 for Invisible Glass. Great for PDI.

#40 8 years ago

Sparkle from home depot!

#41 8 years ago

Another vote for sprayway!

#42 8 years ago

Sprayway - best streak free product I've used to date.

#43 8 years ago

Just a microfibre cloth

#44 8 years ago

ex copy machine tech here. sprayway is good, but so is a lot of other stuff.
    plain white 20lb copy paper is great to clean glass with. used it for years. no streaks, no dust particles or lint......

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

+1

#46 8 years ago

I've been in the glass industry for 25 years

Sprayway has been my go to for quite some time now

#47 8 years ago

Interesting... I've never heard of Sprayway. Is it out west in Calif?

It was suggested to use on Sparkle on the WOZ invisaglass. So, I purchased a large bottle of it in sprayer, and use it on all my pins.

#48 8 years ago

When people say paper or newspaper... Is that with liquid or just rubbing it?!

I've never heard of this paper approach...

#49 8 years ago

For personal use I use Windex with Vinegar the (White not Blue Windex) Followed up with Brillianeze.

At Modern Pinball we use pure distilled vinegar because its something like $1 per gallon and thats what they supply.

It smells horrible until dry but I must say it does clean the glass really well without any streaks.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

When people say paper or newspaper... Is that with liquid or just rubbing it?!
    I've never heard of this paper approach...

You still need a cleaning product. You just use the newspaper instead of a paper towel or microfiber cloth.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-glass-cleaner-do-you-use/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.