(Topic ID: 250068)

What Genres are hot these days with 45 RPM records?

By too-many-pins

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by boilerman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190824_230933.jpg
    20190824_230909.jpg
    iron-maiden-piece-of-mind (resized).jpg
    20190824_175147 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tullster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago

I worked for an Operator for years and one of my jobs was ordering music for the Jukeboxes. In the mid-90’s, there were some interesting 45’s released on the Cema “for jukeboxes only” label that can be rare and worth more than your average 45. I eventually acquired the entire lot of about 12,000 records, picked thru them, pitched some (nobody needs a dozen copies of rhinestone cowboy) and donated the rest to a local non-profit radio station.

Unfortunately, 45’s are headed in the same direction as 78’s. The people who enjoyed them are slowly dying off.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Whoa there, partner! I have hundreds of 78’s and I enjoy them most of all in my collection! They’re magical and teleport you to a time before the Titanic sunk! Before the Great War!

Sorry to break the news! I’ve got a bunch of 78’s and a wind up Columbia Graphonola that are fun to listen to. Some of the records are local and one of a kind back when anyone could make a Record. Unfortunately, they’re not worth as much as they used to be a few years ago.

The OP is basically hoping to squeeze the most $$ out of his record collection as he can. I think the best way is sell them on discogs or MusicStack, but that takes time. The other options are sell them in bulk to a collector or donate them and get the tax write off.

At least we’re not invested in Antique Tractors!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tullster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-genres-are-hot-these-days-with-45-rpm-records-?tu=tullster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.