(Topic ID: 181148)

What games would you rent?

By V8haha

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Amarillopinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

there are a few places that rent games for short term, like events and such. i know pinballz in austin does, not sure if they rent monthly. I feel like i have seen someone local, maybe them, renting games on a monthly basis for the low low price of $400 per month

#20 7 years ago

Interesting. OP wants to rent $50,000 worth of games out for $250 per month. His earlier thread said he was interested in newer games. Let's say he gets a good deal and gets 15 games, that's $45k per year in rental fees. Maybe after all labor and part expenses he makes a little profit after 2 years. Maybe during year 3 he gets more games and brings in $50k in profit. If he built up his collection to where he could make $75k in profit, he would have to have a couple dozen people in the Denver area willing to pay $250 per month, I don't think that is likely. Not worth it OP, turn back now

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

Yes the idea has crossed my mind.
    What price point would you guys rent games for?
    At 5K a game for the titles you would like to rent the rental fee has to be high enough to make it worth while

I just think that even at $200 you won't have people renting more than 2 months at a time, so a lot of finding new customers, just not feasible with the market. Let me know if you decide to go through with it though, I am a business/retail/e-commerce consultant.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Amarillopinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-would-you-rent?tu=Amarillopinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.