(Topic ID: 102047)

What games would you like to see on PAPATV live?

By DiscoDungeon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gizmonic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

Keep the suggestions coming! We don't even own some of these games!

Barracora was on the list, so grab it while you can.
And make sure to play multiplayer so the winner gets the extra 30 second feature that keeps launching out balls to the shooter lane like Tales of the Arabian Nights.

#52 9 years ago

Walking Dead.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

I've hit it personally 100+, looping through the 99m on the old code, without missing on more than one occasion, and I'm not even considered a top player.

Impressive! ..but 100+ ramps is only going to rack up 130mil or so from STAR WARS letters and ramp awards. I have to think that multi-ball with repeated super jackpots is much more lucrative.

How many ramp shots do you think an A div player can hit in a single game? Let's say someone really wants to go the ramp strategy and hits 300 ramps in a game. That's still less than 400mil. Much higher scores are achievable elsewhere.

I'd love to see a pro on the new 1.04 code. Definitely a good idea for a PAPA.tv episode.

#54 9 years ago

Baby Pac Man!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Walking Dead.

Ya, Very, Very Intaresting!!

#56 9 years ago

Sorcerer
Monopoly

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

I assumed heaven had every pin. Hmmm

#58 9 years ago

Cyclopes

WoZ

#59 9 years ago

I second these choices.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Impressive! ..but 100+ ramps is only going to rack up 130mil or so from Star Wars letters and ramp awards. I have to think that multi-ball with repeated super jackpots is much more lucrative.
How many ramp shots do you think an A div player can hit in a single game? Let's say someone really wants to go the ramp strategy and hits 300 ramps in a game. That's still less than 400mil. Much higher scores are achievable elsewhere.
I'd love to see a pro on the new 1.04 code. Definitely a good idea for a PAPA.tv episode.

I'd LOVE to see PAPA use the new Star Wars code as well.

Here are the details and rules of the code update:
http://www.pinballcode.com/instructions/

The high level overview of the scoring balance is that the ramp value has been greatly reduced (and no longer collects Force awards) and the value of other things (like the Triball Jackpot/Double Jackpot, Sarlaac Pit, Combo/Super Combo) has been increased.

Here is how the Ramp Bonus was reduced...

It was:

3 ramps = 3 million
7 ramps = 7 million
14 ramps = 14 million
21 ramps = 21 million
31 ramps = 31 million
43 ramps = 43 million
57 ramps = 57 million
73 ramps = 73 million
91 ramps = 91 million
99 ramps = 99 million

It is now:

3 ramps = 1 million
7 ramps = 1 million
14 ramps = 1 million
21 ramps = 2 million
31 ramps = 3 million
43 ramps = 4 million
57 ramps = 5 million
73 ramps = 7 million
91 ramps = 9 million
99 ramps = 9 million

This means that if you shoot the ramp 99 times, you used to be awarded a Ramp Bonus of 439 Million. With the new code you will be awarded a Ramp Bonus of 42 Million.

The ramp will Light the Force Scoop every 5 shots (but it will not Collect Force Award anymore, you have to shoot the Force Scoop to Collect Force Awards).

The Triball Jackpot went from an initial value of 10 Million to an adjusted value of 25 Million. So obviously, the Double Jackpot went from initial value of 20 Million to an adjusted value of 50 Million. This means a successful Double Jackpot during Triball gets you a minimum of 75 Million. (Can still increase Jackpot value by hitting the Death Star before collecting it.)

Sarlaac Pit Value is increased by hitting pops. It used to add 23,130 per pop hit but it now adds 52,180 per pop hit. Making the Sarlaac Scoop a bit more attractive if you build this up over a long ball.

Also, Jabba's Bounty Award used to only grant you Jabba's Bounty. It now grants you Jabba's Bounty plus the current Sarlaac Pit Value. (This fixed the issue where sometimes Jabba's Bounty was worth LESS than Sarlaac Pit Value).

Combo was 1 Million and Super Combo was 5 Million (for a total of 6 Million). These are now set at 15 Million and 10 Million (for a total of 25 Million).

AT-AT Walker mode (activated via Force Scoop) used to take 20 pops to complete and is now 15 pops.

Bunch of other tweaks like 10 second ball save, some unused sound calls were added, etc...

#61 9 years ago

Road Show

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Impressive! ..but 100+ ramps is only going to rack up 130mil or so from Star Wars letters and ramp awards. I have to think that multi-ball with repeated super jackpots is much more lucrative.

It was 100 ramps without missing is the problem, not total. I would expect players to just cradle on the left during multiball until they drained and then use the restart to play for jackpots (or keep ramping). Would some go for jackpots? Absolutely, but some would also still go for ramps, and those games would take for-ev-er in a tournament setting.

I can't give you an exact number on an A-div player hitting that ramp, but for comparison, elwin hit the no fear ramp (significantly more difficult) over 50 times consecutively several times during one game at pinbrawl last year. It may have been more... someone else can chime in, but I know I lost count after he maxed it out. During one run, he was taking a drink while doing so. If that's possible on no fear, then with thousands on the line, I would expect players to hit an easily-set SW ramp until the flipper stopped working.

... which actually reminds me of Cayle. Someone else can chime in, but didn't Cayle blow out the transistor on the left flipper of spider-man shooting the spinner for millions at a tournament a few years ago?

#63 9 years ago

Pinball Magic
Embryon

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

It was 100 ramps without missing is the problem, not total. I would expect players to just cradle on the left during multiball until they drained and then use the restart to play for jackpots (or keep ramping).

Interesting point.. I never really noticed that you still get STAR WARS letters during multiball.

Ramps on my SW are much easier from the left flipper. The right flipper ramp shots usually go only partway up and then back down which means I've never been able to abuse the shot. Then again, I'm not Keith Elwin.

#65 9 years ago

Another vote for Cyclopes.

I don't remember seeing any Surf 'n Safari coverage from Saturday night at PAPA. Other Gottlieb games like Hoops, Car Hop, and Shaq Attaq (with the announcer limited via the software setting Jon Norris always mentions when talking about the game) would be fun to see, but please try to go into more of the interesting features in the games and have the players shoot for those types of things in at least one of the plays. I liked watching the Vegas coverage, but to me there was a bit too much focus on how lopsided the game was if you went for the loops or cashier strategies.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly appreciate all the work you guys are putting into it. I find it just as much if not more fun to watch someone play the whole range of a game rather than only focusing on how to get the highest score.

Thanks!

#66 9 years ago

Big Game please. That way we can see an awesome game in action, AND we get to hear Replogle say "Biiig Gaaaame"! Also would love to see more EM's and early SS. Frontier, 300, Doozie, Ali, Future Spa.

#68 9 years ago

Rather than request specific games for these broadcasts, I would like to request that the games chosen be a healthy mix of new titles, old titles, REALLY old titles, and titles you just don't see in PAPA videos for whatever reason, either because they simply haven't been gotten around to, or because there's some reason why you would never use the game in a tournament. : )

#69 9 years ago

Ripleys believe it or not and Baywatch..

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Ripleys believe it or not and Baywatch..

Keith Elwin would have to do Ripleys as he is the expert on the game bar none.

#71 9 years ago

Seawitch, get one :^)

Ron...

Quoted from ninjadoug:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

2,182 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 1,419.00
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-would-you-like-to-see-on-papatv-live/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.