(Topic ID: 102047)

What games would you like to see on PAPATV live?

By DiscoDungeon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gizmonic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I would like to know what games you would like to see played out and explained. Of particular interest would be B, C, and D titles.
If you would like a list of what games we have to choose from, you can see that at http://replayfx.org/arcade/list-of-games/pinball-machines/
We will be going live Wednesday at around 7pm Eastern. The link for the live feed is at http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/

Thanks!
Jon

#2 9 years ago

Centaur
Embryon
TX-Sector
Radical
Judge Dredd
Demolition Man
Johnny Mnemonic
The Rolling Stones (Stern)

#3 9 years ago

Bride of Pinbot
Getaway
Centaur
Scared Stiff

#4 9 years ago

Paragon
Escape from the Lost World
Blackwater

#5 9 years ago

Airborne
Lightning
Bone Busters
Time Fantasy

#6 9 years ago

Any Capcom or Atari games. Particularly the Ataris with really weird flipper setups.

Also Radical! because there's one on location nearby.

#7 9 years ago

Blackwater 100
Radical!
Escape from the Lost World

#8 9 years ago

Monopoly and Demolition Man

#9 9 years ago

Radical!
Centaur
Jurassic Park
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Medieval Madness
Last Action Hero
NASCAR
Revenge from Mars
Johnny Mnemonic

#11 9 years ago

Radical!
Blackwater 100

#12 9 years ago

Tales of the Arabian nights , Cirqus Voltaire , Fathom

#13 9 years ago

I'd like to see some of the Capcom/Gottlieb/Sega DMD games that never really show up in the tournament circuit, because it'd be nice to be able to see those played and explained.

#14 9 years ago

Stingray, Stellar Wars, Algar, Orbitor 1, Nineball

Thanks!

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from DiscoDungeon:

I would like to know what games you would like to see played out and explained. Of particular interest would be B, C, and D titles.
If you would like a list of what games we have to choose from, you can see that at http://replayfx.org/arcade/list-of-games/pinball-machines/
We will be going live Wednesday at around 7pm Eastern. The link for the live feed is at http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/
Thanks!
Jon

#15 9 years ago

Big Game
Blackwater 100
Volcano
World Tour
Mario Andretti

#16 9 years ago

Big Game
Medusa
TX-Sector

#17 9 years ago

Bugs bunny birthday ball

#18 9 years ago

Indiana jones"Williams"
Demolition man
Johnny mnemonic
Tron

#19 9 years ago

JM
DM
Tron
NGG

#20 9 years ago

ST with the new code.

#21 9 years ago

Swords of Fury
Police Force #2*
Black Pyramid
Last Action Hero
Eight Ball Champ

*Police Force #1 sucks!

#23 9 years ago

Thank you all for the response. I will try to work in quite a few of these. Tomorrow will feature Tron, Centaur, Mystic, and Coney Island.

#24 9 years ago

I figured Coney Island was an EM. Nope, it's a 1979 Game Plan (really "Old Coney Island!", but whatever) that they made 3000 of.

How did 2999 of these things disappear off the face of the Earth?

#25 9 years ago

Mystic?!

Awesome.

#26 9 years ago

Want to hangout in the chatroom before the show?

#27 9 years ago

WoZ
Johnny Mnemonic
The Shadow
Champion Pub
Demolition Man on Steroids (I don't think PAPA has one but a guy can dream)

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I figured Coney Island was an EM. Nope, it's a 1979 Game Plan (really "Old Coney Island!", but whatever) that they made 3000 of.
How did 2999 of these things disappear off the face of the Earth?

2998. I can account for another one (at Game Preserve in the Houston area).

#29 9 years ago

My vote is to have 2 modern and 2 classics that are commonly used for tournament play and don't already have a tutorial. Please address tournament scoring strategies in the rule descriptions.

Thanks for all you guys do!

#30 9 years ago

Safe Cracker

Orbitor -1

Varkon

Hercules

Punchy the Clown

Lets see what the PAPA people are made of!

#31 9 years ago

Embryon would be cool -- Early SS/wide body Bally to throw in the mix.

#32 9 years ago

Something I haven't seen in the PAPA broadcasts is Data East Star Wars with the new code that has pretty much eliminated shooting for the ramp. It's still pretty much only start multiball, collect jackpots, repeat, but that's not much different from older games where it's light spinner, shoot spinner, repeat.

Really enjoying the weekly shows - thanks for doing them!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Something I haven't seen in the PAPA broadcasts is Data East Star Wars with the new code that has pretty much eliminated shooting for the ramp. It's still pretty much only start multiball, collect jackpots, repeat, but that's not much different from older games where it's light spinner, shoot spinner, repeat.
Really enjoying the weekly shows - thanks for doing them!

Doesn't the new code still spot progress to the scoop awards? I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered it spotting. If so, it still makes the center ramp extremely valuable. Considering how safe it is, if there's anything of value associated with that center ramp, it's going to remain a focus of the scoring strategy. The scores may be in hundreds of millions rather than billions, but it's still the same general repetitiveness.

#34 9 years ago

Barracora!!!!!!
This is a must with one of the best rule sets from the 80's

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

Doesn't the new code still spot progress to the scoop awards? I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered it spotting. If so, it still makes the center ramp extremely valuable. Considering how safe it is, if there's anything of value associated with that center ramp, it's going to remain a focus of the scoring strategy. The scores may be in hundreds of millions rather than billions, but it's still the same general repetitiveness.

I believe it's adjustable. I believe that the ramp can light but not award the (Force) scoop awards by default.

He also reduced the ramp millions by a large amount (more than a factor of 10 for the deeper awards, I think it caps out at 5-10 million) while increasing score elsewhere, hopefully by enough to be interesting for good players to shoot at.

#36 9 years ago

Broadcast #3 Wednesday 7:00 http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball
We will focus on Star Trek (updated code), Demo Man, Firepower, and wait for it.... Vegas.
Also Mark will answer some questions about the PAPA qualifying format, and we will talk a bit about The Walking Dead.

Hope to see you there. And remember, bring your questions to ask because we will be watching the chat!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

I don't think this is the case with the default settings. And it has changed to something like a set number of ramps only awards 1 million, not 7 ramps for 7 mil, 14 ramps for 14 mil, etc. I think the only thing of value is after something like 21 ramps it awards an extra ball (again, by default).

I guess someone could shoot the ramps over and over, going for the 1 million after ever so many shots, but with the Death Star jackpot at 25M and then a double jackpot at 50M, I can't see that being feasible. I think it's a worthy game now, but I would be interested if an A division player could abuse it!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I don't think this is the case with the default settings. And it has changed to something like a set number of ramps only awards 1 million, not 7 ramps for 7 mil, 14 ramps for 14 mil, etc. I think the only thing of value is after something like 21 ramps it awards an extra ball (again, by default).
I guess someone could shoot the ramps over and over, going for the 1 million after ever so many shots, but with the Death Star jackpot at 25M and then a double jackpot at 50M, I can't see that being feasible. I think it's a worthy game now, but I would be interested if an A division player could abuse it!

The bar near me had it set up with this new code, and they had it set so the ramp still spotted scoop awards. If that's adjustable, it's a big improvement IMO. The ramp is still a horrible waste of time though. It would need to be narrowed no matter how much work is done to the code.

My guess is the game would ultimately get a soggy right flipper in PAPA tournament play and lead to a load of tech calls. It could probably be used, but it would require some bastardization.

The multiball rules are fun though, I agree with that. I've had loads of fun playing that game where the center ramp counted as a death shot.

#39 9 years ago

Allied Leisure's Getaway

#40 9 years ago

Early 80s Bally and Sterns would be cool. Lots of fun to watch and more people might be unfamiliar with the rules than DMD titles.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

The bar near me had it set up with this new code, and they had it set so the ramp still spotted scoop awards. If that's adjustable, it's a big improvement IMO. The ramp is still a horrible waste of time though. It would need to be narrowed no matter how much work is done to the code.

Is that true? It doesn't seem that much safer of a shot than a lot of other ramps out there that just aren't really worth much in the grand scheme of things. As long as it's worth an amount of points commensurate with its risk, can't you just leave it?

(Or is the concern that people will just shoot it all day because that's what you do in DESW?)

#42 9 years ago

I checked out the ramp rules this morning. I'm 90% sure I have the default adjustments, and I was playing this with a 2 year old launching the balls, but take it for what its worth.

Repeated ramps light, but don't collect, the Force awards. After around 18 ramps the ramps go to 2 million. Not sure what happens after that. I agree about the right flipper getting weak, mine does that as well.

One thing I did notice that spelling 'Star Wars' (8 ramp/right orbit shots) does award 10M. Not sure if that is adjustable. I'll try to look into this and maybe come up with 'tournament worthy' settings.

A tight tilt and no outlane posts could make this a pretty good test of skill if the ramp awards could be completely nerfed.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from DiscoDungeon:

Broadcast #3 Wednesday 7:00 http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball
We will focus on Star Trek (updated code), Demo Man, Firepower, and wait for it.... Vegas.
Also Mark will answer some questions about the PAPA qualifying format, and we will talk a bit about The Walking Dead.
Hope to see you there. And remember, bring your questions to ask because we will be watching the chat!

Just recently picked up a Firepower.
Looking forward to this one.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from williams:

I checked out the ramp rules this morning. I'm 90% sure I have the default adjustments, and I was playing this with a 2 year old launching the balls, but take it for what its worth.
Repeated ramps light, but don't collect, the Force awards. After around 18 ramps the ramps go to 2 million. Not sure what happens after that. I agree about the right flipper getting weak, mine does that as well.
One thing I did notice that spelling 'Star Wars' (8 ramp/right orbit shots) does award 10M. Not sure if that is adjustable. I'll try to look into this and maybe come up with 'tournament worthy' settings.
A tight tilt and no outlane posts could make this a pretty good test of skill if the ramp awards could be completely nerfed.

That is more in line with what I remember. From an A-bank tournament perspective, if you get the Star Wars bonus off the center ramp at 10m + bonus millions occasionally at set intervals + it lights force awards, the software isn't neutered enough to be used without modifications to the ramp. We're talking about people who can hit this ramp hundreds of times in a row. I've hit it personally 100+, looping through the 99m on the old code, without missing on more than one occasion, and I'm not even considered a top player.

If the shot can be narrowed, then you've got a far more interesting game, software changes or no software changes. And it's not like there's no precedent for narrowing shots... Mousin Around comes to mind.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

That is more in line with what I remember. From an A-bank tournament perspective, if you get the Star Wars bonus off the center ramp at 10m + bonus millions occasionally at set intervals + it lights force awards, the software isn't neutered enough to be used without modifications to the ramp. We're talking about people who can hit this ramp hundreds of times in a row. I've hit it personally 100+, looping through the 99m on the old code, without missing on more than one occasion, and I'm not even considered a top player.

The coder, Chad Hendrickson, is around--I'm sure he could nerf the ramp in software some more if desired and the adjustments aren't sufficient. That said, given that it's the jackpot in Tri-Ball maybe a physical narrowing would make multiball play more interesting, as well.

#46 9 years ago

I'd like to see TX-Sector, Mystery Castle, and Gottlieb Atlantis.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

We're talking about people who can hit this ramp hundreds of times in a row. I've hit it personally 100+, looping through the 99m on the old code, without missing on more than one occasion, and I'm not even considered a top player.
If the shot can be narrowed, then you've got a far more interesting game, software changes or no software changes. And it's not like there's no precedent for narrowing shots... Mousin Around comes to mind.

I spent a little time on this last night and found the following.

It doesn't appear there is a way to eliminate the fact that spelling Star Wars (8 ramp/right orbit) awards 10M. I guess this is where narrowing the ramp becomes the thing to do. The jackpots are still the more lucrative/quicker way to score at 25M/50M.

Ramps light, but do not award the force scoop at every 5th shot. Scoring is roughly 1M at 7 and 14 loops, 2M at 21 loops, 3M at 35ish loops, etc., until 9M at 99 loops. Then the sequence repeats. This does not appear to be adjustable either.

Anyway, I've probably spent way too much time on this already, but it could possibly make an interesting PAPA.tv segment. Maybe not!

#49 9 years ago

SafeCracker
Black Hole
Stargate

#50 9 years ago

Keep the suggestions coming! We don't even own some of these games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,419.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-would-you-like-to-see-on-papatv-live and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.