Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vegemite_nick
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
Excited.gif
jawsf.jpg
image-1.jpg
joust.jpg

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

Twister, Street Fighter, Barb Wire, & Shaq Attack. Boom Shaka Laka.

#102 3 years ago

Does no one want a TZ remake because you can still get nice ones at a reasonable price or because there are so many of them out there that you can find them pretty easily? And if that's the case, why do we all want LOTR?

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Does no one want a TZ remake because you can still get nice ones at a reasonable price or because there are so many of them out there that you can find them pretty easily? And if that's the case, why do we all want LOTR?

TZ is easier to find than LOTR (as is Tron BTW). I've been wanting a really nice LOTR for a while but I haven't seen one for sale in Michigan in forever. If Stern can produce LOTR with a few nice upgrades (like they did for Iron Man Vault) at roughly the same price they had for IM, I'd be all over it. Sign me up.

#105 3 years ago

scared stiff?

#106 3 years ago

MB,Scared Stiff, LOTR,Centaur. Depends what else is coming out new. $8000 would be too much.

#107 3 years ago

Big Bang Bar, Pinball magic and believe it or not Black Rose. I love Black Rose.

#108 3 years ago

Why PM? They are hard to get, but on here they say it is worth 3k+. Boston says that the two that sold in the last year averaged 3947. Expensive, hard to get, but would you really pay 7-8k for a new one?

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Why PM? They are hard to get, but on here they say it is worth 3k+. Boston says that the two that sold in the last year averaged 3947. Expensive, hard to get, but would you really pay 7-8k for a new one?

Pinball Magic has something that just pulls me to it. I would just like to have a NEW one. I have never seen a nice used one for sale or I would have one.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Pinball Magic has something that just pulls me to it. I would just like to have a NEW one. I have never seen a nice used one for sale or I would have one.

I know that feeling. I had the chance to buy one 4 years ago with side art missing on side and non working for 2k. I just paid 2650 for an unshopped one that after getting home will need a few parts to fix things.

#111 3 years ago

I may be alone on this, but I'd be very tempted by a WOF VE. Also Guns n Roses.

#112 3 years ago

I sold a nice Solar Ride for $350. Not sure it would be a financial success.

#113 3 years ago

Would love a Centaur!

#115 3 years ago

MB
CCC
Kingpin

#116 3 years ago

MB, AFM - but I would purchase the originals after remakes bring prices a little more down to earth...

These are the only two games I would really want that have a serious chance of being remade~

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If you could get any game reproduced,

Damn, Id love to have ANY of my games start reproducing.... As long as I had the room, I'd say turn down the lights and let them get busy!

Imagine the offspring between, say, TZ and SS?

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Yeah, I traded a project Solar Ride for some drum cymbals and bought it for $150, so not a lot of built in value.

#119 3 years ago

MadMax

#120 3 years ago

Roadrunner!!! Not reproduce but put into production...

#121 3 years ago

Played a Whoa Nellie. It really is a great looking game. Don't know if I would care to own one but it was easy to learn. So with that said, the problem with the games of today is that the casual player isn't going to drop a bunch of cash into a game in the wild. Somebody with a small bar isn't going to buy a MMr or virtually anything that Stern or JJP makes. I could see how a Whoa Nellie could make money on location. With that preface out of the way, a reasonably priced remake or next Eight Ball Deluxe with such easily learned rules IMO would be the ticket. If nothing else, Whoa Nellie to me proves a simple game still has appeal. Too bad it's so pricey and is some ways isn't very PC.

So my vote goes towards Eight Ball DeLuxe and if a producer could also cross over and do a few Gottlieb games, Joker Poker, Royal Flush & Target Alpha. Of course with modern tech under the skin to allow for a few tweeks to the rules.

#123 3 years ago

Cactus Canyon, High Speed, Fireball, Black Hole, Abra Ca Dabra, Eight Ball Deluxe

#124 3 years ago

I'd be in on a Monster Bash, in a heart beat.
Would have for AFM, but.. heck, found an original.

BBB, I'd have to play more. I played a few runs at TPF (beautiful machine!) and it certainly was fun for those few games; but not enough play time to tell whether it should boot another table from the line. Certainly not for the price it sold at auction ($17k).

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Solar Fire is the game I meant.

#126 3 years ago

BBB ofcourse

5 months later
#127 3 years ago

Gemini
Pleasure Isle/Paradise
Melody/Sing Along
Fathom
Bally Star Trek

#128 3 years ago

Here's another question: would you prefer it be as close to original as possible, or made using modern technology (ie. LED lighting, switching power supplies, networked controllers, etc.)

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Here's another question: would you prefer it be as close to original as possible, or made using modern technology

Modern technolgy would ruin any machine I'd like to see re-made. Leave that ball lift alone!

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Here's another question: would you prefer it be as close to original as possible, or made using modern technology (ie. LED lighting, switching power supplies, networked controllers, etc.)

Original equipment on a NIB BK2K, I'd probably go up to 4k, but no more. Otherwise, CC would be my title of choice.

#132 3 years ago

Bally/Midway 'Beat the Clock'

#133 3 years ago

Capcom Kingpin !!

#134 3 years ago

Fathom, Cactus Canyon and Monster Bash!
A low to mid 4k Fathom and I'm in!

4 months later
#135 3 years ago

4.5k Fathom and I'm in!

#136 3 years ago

BBB and KP

#137 3 years ago

At my age I would take MYSELF!
Ok wishful thinking.

#139 3 years ago

Fathom, Medusa, Zaccaria Robot, Gameplan Andromeda and Cyclopes, maybe Centaur, Abra Ca Dabra, sure there are others but the first two would be the first I'd get. Also potentially Stern Galaxy or Nine Ball (if 9 ball had programming issues worked out).

However, no, I would not pay 6K for one. Everything is already there. Coming up with a control system replacement is already done as well as programming so from that perspective no need for the bucks R&D requires. I'd go 4k for the first two tops, and yes I think they could be produced, with a profit, for $4k street price.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Modern, possibly with improved rules, better sound, color DMD...

Games I would consider:
BBB or King Pin
Centaur 2.0 (as in BOP 2.0...): would have to be much improved as compared to the "normal" Centaur as the later can be found for far less than a NIB pin here.

No interest for AFM or MB which do not command NIB prices in here.

#141 3 years ago

Metallica converted into the updated version of TFTC.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

4.5k Fathom, Taxi, WW.
7k CCC, BBB, Kingpin

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Fathom please .... if so anyone want to buy my CPR play field Also CCC continued and possibly Kingpin continued

Quoted from dung:

LOTR if 6k
Pinball Circus 5-6k but I'd need to play it first.
BBB from all accounts I've heard is a good game, but not great. Usually hear it would be int he league of PM if not for rarity. Kingpin didn't ever get finished code so no telling. At this point neither would run off the original hardware and I am wary of small production board sets in the long term.

Quoted from BeaglePuss:

The only game I can imagine buying a remake for (and paying the going rate) is King Pin.

Quoted from The_Director:

Cactus Canyon - Continued would probably be it for me. Maybe Kingpin too, but price point would still have to be down a bit from MMr. Not sure I'd stomach $8k for any of them. At $6-6,500, much more likely.

Quoted from Baiter:

This is the best answer, by far.
The next best answer is to make runs of super-low production games like King Kong, BBB, Krull, Cactus Canyon (w/finished code), and unique+rare games like the Zaccarias so more people can experience them.
And then the best of both worlds, brand new games with neutered production runs should be expanded.

Quoted from jlm33:

Games I would consider:
BBB or King Pin
Centaur 2.0 (as in BOP 2.0...): would have to be much improved as compared to the "normal" Centaur as the later can be found for far less than a NIB pin here.

Quoted from jlm33:

Games I would consider:
BBB or King Pin

Pretty high interest, and you can guess mine is a + 18 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-big-city-kid

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huron Charter Township, MI
$ 11.95
$ 142.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 40.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
€ 197.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mill Valley, CA
18,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GEORGIA
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside