Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Excited.gif
jawsf.jpg
image-1.jpg
joust.jpg
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

CCC / BBB / Kingpin

#52 9 years ago

CCC

Pinball Circus (with deeper ruleset)

Not sure why people mention BBB...it's a major snoozefest... but to each his own.

Honestly though - I'm with others who say create something new!!! JJP PLD, Star Wars, Tron 3, etc are way more exciting than a remake!!!

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

None, I want something new, something fresh

#54 9 years ago

MAYBE -
Cactus Canyon - Continued (CCC)
Big Bang Bar (BBB)

Price not as important to me if the titles were available in a high quality (LED's, clear coating, etc), I think it would be worth it; however, up to this point I have opted for originals (MM / AFM) rather than actual or hoped for reproductions. Would go for CCC and BBB since you just really can't get them easily.

#55 9 years ago

I wish there was more discussion about the reproduction of the classic Bally/Williams/Sterns of the early 80s, which are such incredible games & just difficult to find restored at the right price.....due to production numbers, collectability, etc. Everyone seems to focus on reproducing DMD classics from the 90s. The old classic deserve some love too. I believe there's a market for them.

I would jump at the chance to buy a reproduction Fathom or Flash Gordon for around 5K.

#56 9 years ago

Beating a dead horse when I say LOTR!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I wish there was more discussion about the reproduction of the classic Bally/Williams/Sterns of the early 80s, which are such incredible games & just difficult to find restored at the right price.....due to production numbers, collectability, etc. Everyone seems to focus on reproducing DMD classics from the 90s. The old classic deserve some love too. I believe there's a market for them.
I would jump at the chance to buy a reproduction Fathom or Flash Gordon for around 5K.

Fathom is one of the most mentioned games in this thread, so there's maybe some hope there.

#58 9 years ago

Pipe dreams i'm sure but i love the idea of re-making some of the old games wide bodies.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

Pipe dreams i'm sure but i love the idea of re-making some of the old games wide bodies.

problem with that is, the entire physics of the machine changes when you change the pf dimensions...

it would require (at the minimum) a pf re-design, and even then, it likely wouldn't "play like" the original design...

#60 9 years ago

AFM, BBB, Funhouse, IJ, TRON VE, Kingpin, Safecracker

#61 9 years ago

None, I can get them all now, everything comes along eventually. Why risk unknown company with unknown release date with unknown system. No thanks!

#62 9 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe and Centigrade 37

#63 9 years ago

Bally home model "Fireball"

Brunswick "Alive"

Some of the Atari pins, but not in wide body.

#64 9 years ago

Fathom please .... if so anyone want to buy my CPR play field Also CCC continued and possibly Kingpin continued

#65 9 years ago

I think Fathom is among the most requested. It should be as it is also a machine that there really aren't enough to go around. Frankly, I'd love a kit for some of these. Populated playfield would be enough.

#67 9 years ago

I'd be more interested in picking up the second-hand machines people folks sell to make room for their newer stuff...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams 3-7 sound solutions

#68 9 years ago

South Park, SF2, & Hercules. Only have the end of the assembly line be the roof of TNT.

#70 9 years ago

CC maybe MB? Price always dictates.

#71 9 years ago

$6k for a game that has no design costs is ridiculous. Stop the madness

#72 9 years ago

I would pay out the ass for a fathom and a spirit. Wouldn't mind a NIB Spectrum either. And by out the ass, I mean like 3-4k

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

$6k for a game that has no design costs is ridiculous. Stop the madness

I agree. Especially if it's a repro of an early SS, I don't think it should be over 4k. But that probably will never happen.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

If I had the money, Spirit.

Spirit would be awesome. These games just don't seem exist sadly. One comes up for sale per year it seems . . .

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would pay out the ass for a fathom and a spirit.

With how many speculated Spirits still exist I think the cost would be justified, just would have to see if the demand was there. last guy I talked to about one had it imported from Spain I believe, that's how bad he wanted it, and that's how hard to find it was. Those that have them wont be letting them go for a while.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 9 years ago

This is always something i have been wondering. What portion or percentage on average is getting the proto design machine to flipping stage. Meaning its completely or almost completely designed. Does anyone really know the range of percentage attributed to this? roughly

#77 9 years ago

LOTR if 6k
Pinball Circus 5-6k but I'd need to play it first.

BBB from all accounts I've heard is a good game, but not great. Usually hear it would be int he league of PM if not for rarity. Kingpin didn't ever get finished code so no telling. At this point neither would run off the original hardware and I am wary of small production board sets in the long term.

#78 9 years ago

sorry should state to the "cost" of the overall machine.

#79 9 years ago

The only game I can imagine buying a remake for (and paying the going rate) is King Pin.

#80 9 years ago

I would ask for MB

#81 9 years ago

With how many speculated Spirits still exist I think the cost would be justified, just would have to see if the demand was there. last guy I talked to about one had it imported from Spain I believe, that's how bad he wanted it, and that's how hard to find it was. Those that have them wont be letting them go for a while.

Yeah I mean I know spirits and fathoms command more than 3-4k, but I think that is just because of how hard they are to find in good shape. If they were produced again I can't imagine someone making horrible margins on charging 3,500 for them. I'm purely guessing on that fact though.

#82 9 years ago

I like what Nate Shivers said, redo firepower. Simple one level playfield, great gameplay (and a steve ritchie classic). Build it for $4k, you'll have plenty of buyers wanting one.
Other titles that are only slightly more complicated, but are still in the top 100:
High speed (adds a vacuum formed ramp, 3 wireform ramps, and a diverter mechanism)
Pinbot (add 3 vacuum formed ramps, and the motorized helmet)

If I were planetary pinball, I'd sort of do what heighway is doing (swappable playfields), and just sell a single williams cabinet and then sell populated playfields that all connect to the same standardized board they created for MMr. Having one cabinet with control board/power supply saves at least $1k off the top, and saves a bunch of room in your gameroom.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If they were produced again I can't imagine someone making horrible margins on charging 3,500 for them.

Honestly don't think that's possible. There's just too many fixed costs to make "a pinball" even a simpler one. You can take out ramps and crazy toys, and save on costs for sure, but you still need a cabinet, all the metal hardware, all the displays, electronics, playfield and inserts and plastics etc.

It all adds up. Heighway is trying the idea of selling "playfield kits" and there's a reason it's cheaper that way, the cabinet along with all the parts are a serious chunk of the BOM.

$4,500 or so is probably much more realistic.

Edit: didn't see the post above when I mention Heighway, that's an interesting thought. The cabinet art and colors would have to be more generic or something though.

#84 9 years ago

Cactus Canyon - Continued would probably be it for me. Maybe Kingpin too, but price point would still have to be down a bit from MMr. Not sure I'd stomach $8k for any of them. At $6-6,500, much more likely.

#85 9 years ago

Star gazer but it wound need to be around $4,500 , same with fathom , or Centaur. Those three would interest me at that price .

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly don't think that's possible. There's just too many fixed costs to make "a pinball" even a simpler one. You can take out ramps and crazy toys, and save on costs for sure, but you still need a cabinet, all the metal hardware, all the displays, electronics, playfield and inserts and plastics etc.
It all adds up. Heighway is trying the idea of selling "playfield kits" and there's a reason it's cheaper that way, the cabinet along with all the parts are a serious chunk of the BOM.
$4,500 or so is probably much more realistic.
Edit: didn't see the post above when I mention Heighway, that's an interesting thought. The cabinet art and colors would have to be more generic or something though.

I hear ya. So for these playfield kits just be a populated playfield that you could drop in? I'd be down for that as well

#87 9 years ago

$4K should be doable for a company setup to make machines like Fathom since design wouldn't be a cost. Even at $4k, a company could do decently. Considering that Stern can make a profit at $4500 and that includes design costs and a likely higher BOM, it should be totally feasible. Problem would be to convince anyone that a substantial market existed. This is one of those things that would actually be good for a kickstarter/deposit model. Give a minimum number needed to spark production, PPS finds a maker, if the MOQ is met, the games get produced. Deposit could be minimal but non-refundable unless the game did not go into production.

#88 9 years ago

Just think what a HEP restored spirit would be bring on an eBay auction...

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

None, I want something new, something fresh

This is the best answer, by far.

The next best answer is to make runs of super-low production games like King Kong, BBB, Krull, Cactus Canyon (w/finished code), and unique+rare games like the Zaccarias so more people can experience them.

And then the best of both worlds, brand new games with neutered production runs should be expanded.

#90 9 years ago

Krull just because I've never played/seen one! Fathom would also be high on my list.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

This is the best answer, by far.
The next best answer is to make runs of super-low production games like King Kong, BBB, Krull, Cactus Canyon (w/finished code), and unique+rare games like the Zaccarias so more people can experience them.
And then the best of both worlds, brand new games with neutered production runs should be expanded.

Making a game just because it's rare doesn't make much sense though.

Krull for instance, is a cool little gimmicky game, I like the lenticular lens for the lower playfield. But it's not actually a *good* game. No one would line up to pay for a bunch of new ones.

There's a resurgent interest though in 1980 Bally games, because they're awesome. Fathom is a great game. People want them, more than they exist, especially in nice shape.

Being able to buy a brand new one, that has the bonus of modern features? That would rule. And while they wouldn't be as dirt cheap as some people might hope, they'd be a far cry cheaper than just about every other NIB game out there.

I think there's a market for them.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's a resurgent interest though in 1980 Bally games, because they're awesome. Fathom is a great game. People want them, more than they exist, especially in nice shape.
Being able to buy a brand new one, that has the bonus of modern features? That would rule. And while they wouldn't be as dirt cheap as some people might hope, they'd be a far cry cheaper than just about every other NIB game out there.
I think there's a market for them.

Plenty of Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Mans.

#93 9 years ago

- Fathom
- Spirit
- Centaur

#94 9 years ago

Fathom is a good choice because backglasses and playfields are already ready to be run again, and short of the mechs, that's the hardest part.

#96 9 years ago

With the quality of games Stern is putting out, it's getting harder and harder to compete at that price range.

My wife would say Cactus Canyon Continued. She loved the cowboys vs. aliens mode.

#97 9 years ago

How about a "Whoa Nellie" remake at a cheaper price...

I KID KID!!!! NO REASON TO DERAIL THIS THING BUT I COULDN'T RESIST.

MY VOTE LOTR or Haunted House DMD/LCD Edition...

#98 9 years ago

AFM, FH, maybe TZ or CC. Any remake would be cool but ice cold interest at $8k or even $7k. You would think it would be way cheaper to produce a copy of an already developed game on an already developed platform. Stern builds a brand new game for less with all the premium features. Makes no sense.

What would be cool is to see remakes with updated code, new modes, or new features.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If I were planetary pinball, I'd sort of do what heighway is doing (swappable playfields), and just sell a single williams cabinet and then sell populated playfields that all connect to the same standardized board they created for MMr. Having one cabinet with control board/power supply saves at least $1k off the top, and saves a bunch of room in your gameroom.

Well, i might as well put it out there, since somebody is bound to think of it:

What if you made such a swappable playfield system, in a common cabinet, but instead of using a standard backglass/translite with displays or a DMD in the backbox, you used an LCD to display everything, as well as something like a P-Roc for controlling the mechanics, lights and sounds? It would be a combination of what the virtual pins are trying to do, but with the real playfields, so it would be real pinball. It would be huge for people with limited space, and would at least be slightly less expensive than an entire machine for an additional game.

So, you could do something like this:
Multi-Bally - runs every standard body SS Bally from Freedom all the way up to Cybernaut.
Multi-WPC standard body - all of the standard body WPC games, and maybe the System 11s, too.
Multi-WPC widebody - all of the WPC widebodies
Multi-Williams early SS, etc

I've seen how good the backbox simulation can be from dabbling in the virtual pin world, I think it could really work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Wanted
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,419.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

£ 195.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

£ 38.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 209.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-would-you-buy-if-reproduced/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.