(Topic ID: 182162)

What games have the most balanced scoring?

By n1teowl

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

By "balanced", I mean that completing modes and progressing through the game also happens to be the best opportunity to score big points. Balanced games should let you see all the game has to offer without penalizing you with lower points. I'm interested to hear what games make the list.

#2 7 years ago

Mustang

Great proportional balance in points between various modes, special modes, and multiballs when factoring in levels of difficulty. Varying degrees of risk vs reward in optional strategies also provide additional overall balance to scoring.

#3 7 years ago

congo. various methods to score high. play amy, do gray, multiballs, maps...people choose their own way to play based on game setup.

dr who is another: play video modes, do sonic booms, multiballs.. all 3 sore high.

transformers- modes matter

lotr- everything well balanced no matter what you do.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

dr who is another: play video modes, do sonic booms, multiballs.. all 3 sore high.
    transformers- modes matter

Isn't doctor who just multiplied video mode all day?

#5 7 years ago

I am looking for games that don't have that kind of exploit. Is that the best scoring strategy for Dr. Who/

#6 7 years ago

Ignore all new games. All that matters is getting to Multi-Ball.

There are a bunch of games that can give you a slower even build without the One Shot or 5x random mystery. Did you have a specific era in mind? Lot of different ways to score on games like CFTBL without the easy score without earning.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

All that matters is getting to Multi-Ball.

Walking Dead seems fairly balanced. You can definitely win off modes if you play them well. The problem with any game that's got modes and multiball is that the modes always have a hard time limit, vs multiball can just be played forever

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Walking Dead seems fairly balanced. You can definitely win off modes if you play them well. The problem with any game that's got modes and multiball is that the modes always have a hard time limit, vs multiball can just be played forever

I see that. There has been a recent change. Like with Ghostbusters modes are everything. Then it is completing the mode and getting up to the next one.

I'd still rather play the older games like MM. Completing the "missions" to get as many balls in the MB gives you more, but not an instantly extreme amount. Completing each castle gives you just a couple of million more. The difference between having Damsel and Peasant and joust is better but not huge with troll on top.

You can always go old school and talk 80s Bally games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-have-the-most-balanced-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.