(Topic ID: 308297)

What Game(s) Have Pinflated the Most?

By grantopia

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Game(s) Have Pinflated the Most?”

• Ghostbusters 47 votes
      41%
    • Elvira's House of Horrors 17 votes
      15%
    • Tron 13 votes
      11%
    • The Hobbit 11 votes
      10%
    • Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. 3 votes
      3%
    • The Shadow 2 votes
      2%
    • Indiana Jones 22 votes
      19%

(115 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A71801E2-6A4C-4A06-BB95-A49DCCF40455 (resized).png
    9A456C1A-8451-44C0-9CD3-244A7EBE09B4 (resized).jpeg
    Bhq7ehYCMAAsmyK (resized).jpg
    nicoy3k_4_sale (resized).JPG
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

It seemed like a few minutes went by without a good pricing thread, and we can't have that...but hoping this one can be a bit more fun.

Was trying to think of the games that have jumped the most in price/value the last 2-3 years and wanted to see if there was any thing close to a consensus (aside from "all of them" ).

I'd throw out Ghostbusters, Shadow, Skateball, and Whirlwind as games that seem to have had larger than average jumps in the past few years. What else has seemingly exploded in value compared to where it was a few years ago?

#2 2 years ago

Does this thread warrant an CrazyLevi visit?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Does this thread warrant an CrazyLevi visit?

Yes! But this is not to discuss the bursting of the bubble! Everything costs more and why has been beat to death...just curious what people think has jumped the most.

#4 2 years ago

Ghostbusters for sure. I had a chance at a few in mid to high 4s in last 2 years

#5 2 years ago

Newer releases up 25 to 50 % in line with new game price increases
    Older games up 50 to 100%
    Just a blanket observation

#6 2 years ago

Hobbit has doubled in price. That one baffles me more than anything.

#7 2 years ago

IJ TPA, GB

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Damn has it really? I haven't followed that one too close to be honest. I'm baffled as well now ha.

#9 2 years ago
    #10 2 years ago

You know what would be way more interesting?

Which games have inflated the least!

I nominate X-Men LE.

#11 2 years ago

Tron

#12 2 years ago

WOZ, all versions. Up 75%+ from lows. Ton of them out there and usually doesn’t last long in collections - but all about theme for new money.

#13 2 years ago

TRON, especially the LE

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I nominate X-Men LE.

Dialed In as well.
    Metallica, Aerosmith

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

.just curious what people think has jumped the most.

Pinball (every game).

I have not seen a single game immune to the price increases. Any current Stern Pro is crazy for HUO right now. Every 90s game is crazy right now (my Getaway is worth 4 times what I paid for it???). Pretty much every SS has been bonkers for a while. EMs are asking stupid prices right now. Project machines seem to be going for the price of nice ones from a short time ago.

And it is just going to keep going. The lack of supply demands it. If you sell something for a reasonable price, someone else will just turn it over for a thousand dollars more. Fun times.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I nominate X-Men LE.

I'd throw transformers and WWE in there too.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Strangely enough, you hardly ever see WWEs for sale. So who really knows?

I sold a nice routed one for $3500 a few years ago. Not sure what I could get for it today.

It is a terrible game. But at least it has a Motorhead song on it.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

One of these days I'm going to toss my tired routed Transformers Pro out there for 5k to see what happens.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I'd go with Ghostbusters... that game is turrible.

#20 2 years ago

I've been deep in the hobby about 3 years. In that time Indiana Jones went from about $6500 for a nice example to about $13,000 for a nice example.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

One of these days I'm going to toss my tired routed Transformers Pro out there for 5k to see what happens.

I bet your phone and email blow up. I really don't think it matters any more, the feeding frenzy is on. Lots of Sharks out there with their eyes rolled back just gobbling up whatever.

#22 2 years ago

System 11 pins. Games selling for the price of a HUO Stern Pro?! GTFOH.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I nominate X-Men LE.

Quoted from Zablon:

Dialed In as well.
    Metallica, Aerosmith

Quoted from grantopia:

Hmm...Everyone still blows Borg so I think Dialed in & WWE would be at the bottom....and I think a WWE shows up in the market somewhat soon and goes for a lot more than we think.

#25 2 years ago

For some reason Fishtales has gone bananas.

#26 2 years ago

Every game I want pretty much.

#27 2 years ago

If I remember correctly, high speed really shot up there. At 20k that's like a 1000% increase. Crazyyyyyyy times, crazyyyyyyy times...

#28 2 years ago

medieval madness royal,GNR ce and Godzilla

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Punchy The Clown. $3.00

EFL. Maybe $100.00

LTG : )

#30 2 years ago

I see very few games actually selling for these crazy prices

#31 2 years ago

Surprised nobody has mentioned any of the Elviras... particularly the prem EHOH models.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

System 11 pins. Games selling for the price of a HUO Stern Pro?! GTFOH.

That's mostly true but I'm surprised BK2K hasn't been on the rise.

#33 2 years ago

Star wars comic really seems to collect a pretty penny

#34 2 years ago

Funhouse with the news of the upcoming 2.0 upgrade is doubling in price.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I see very few games actually selling for these crazy prices

You have 2 Sale Pending games at these crazy prices... Are you sure you haven't see it?

nicoy3k_4_sale (resized).JPGnicoy3k_4_sale (resized).JPG

#36 2 years ago

Sold my Tron Pro for 9k in April. It was totally blinged out with Chrome and laser cut everything and all the mods, topper, etc. At the time, that was the highest price for a pro. (Buyer was a huge fan and a great guy so I hope he's enjoying it!) When I got PMs asking if I actually got 9k for it, the next thing I know, people are selling (comparatively) crappy Trons for over 10k. And getting it! So yeah...I'm going to go with Tron. (And I still think it's WAY overpriced whether I'm a buyer or a seller!)

#37 2 years ago

Hobbit GB Tron LE

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

You have 2 Sale Pending games at these crazy prices... Are you sure you haven't see it?
    [quoted image]

Yes, Elvira is one of the games that has pinflated. Even then I sold it at 11k when most others were listing at 12k+

That shadow is super nice and I have 2k into it after buying it for 4800. Don’t see how that’s a bad price. I also sold it for significantly less than listing.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes, Elvira is one of the very few games that has pinflated. Even then I sold it at 11k when most others were listing at 12k+
    That shadow is super nice and I have 2k into it after buying it for 4800. Don’t see how that’s a bad price. I also sold it for less than listing.

Every single person selling "overpriced" pinball machines has their own set of rationalizations and they all believe in them as strongly as you do.

Everybody's shit stinks. So why pretend yours doesn't?

"Nice" Shadows were going for $3K a couple years ago. Elvira Premiums were selling for $7000 new just a couple years back. You are just as guilty as anybody else as pushing pin prices higher.

Hypocrisy is an epidemic around here lately when it comes to whining about pinball prices. See the "F U stern" thread for reference.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every single person selling "overpriced" pinball machines has their own set of rationalizations and they all believe in them as strongly as you do.
    Everybody's shit stinks. So why pretend yours doesn't?
    It's an epidemic around here lately when it comes to pinball prices. See the "F U stern" thread for reference.

When did I say that my shit doesn’t stink? I said shit ain’t selling for the prices listed. They aren’t. I was just in the market for an AIQ prem. There are like 5 AIQs listed for 9k+ just sitting there… they aren’t going to sell. The second someone listed one for a reasonable price (7500) it sold… I know cause I bought it. Please spare me your nonsense

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

When did I say that my shit doesn’t stink? I said shit ain’t selling for the prices listed. They aren’t. I was just in the market for an AIQ prem. There are like 5 AIQs listed for 9k+ just sitting there… they aren’t going to sell. The second someone listed one for a reasonable price (7500) it sold… I know cause I bought it. Please spare me your nonsense

Kick his ass c-bass!

#42 2 years ago

Well this derailed quicker than expected (or did it?). Anyway, poll added based on some emerging trends! Open to more suggestions...

#43 2 years ago

The prices will always be high as long as there are suckers out there stupid enough to pay it.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Well this derailed quicker than expected (or did it?).

Every single pricing thread ends the same way and it usually only takes half a page to get there.

Really don't know what you expected. These threads are all dumb, repetitive, and pointless. Unless you like having the exact same conversation once a week. Which apparently we all do.

Hey, how about those pinball prices? Am I right folks?!?!

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I nominate X-Men LE.

Hook

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These threads are all dumb, repetitive, and pointless.

Mic drop. Thanks for coming out. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:Every single pricing thread ends the same way and it usually only takes half a page to get there.
    Really don't know what you expected. These threads are all dumb, repetitive, and pointless. Unless you like having the exact same conversation once a week. Which apparently we all do.
    Hey, how about those pinball prices? Am I right folks?!?!

Yes they all devolve in the same way, and they all have a common denominator. You.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes they all devolve in the same way, and they all have a common denominator. You.

Levi isn't the reason these threads devolve. Hell, people chime out to him before they fall apart just hoping he will return to pasting in the list of all the stupid pricing threads. In fact, I'm hoping this one makes the list. CTRL-C, CTRL-V Levi... it's right there.

#49 2 years ago

Surely Pinside discussions will resolve the Pinflation argument and the Supply of (Or lack there of) machines will be fixed.

Bhq7ehYCMAAsmyK (resized).jpgBhq7ehYCMAAsmyK (resized).jpg
    #50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Dialed In as well.
    Metallica, Aerosmith

dialed in hasn't hardly went anywhere compared to most. i bought mine almost 3 yrs ago for 8k and they still can be bought for that. shadow, ghost busters, black knights, whitewaters, jp's, funhouses, afmr le, and mbr le are all getting nuts.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-have-pinflated-the-most?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.