(Topic ID: 194700)

What games capture the same feeling and style of TWD?

By GhostThruster

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've currently got a GB Premium that's headed to the chopping block and am trying to figure out what might take its place. After 1500 plays, I've had enough bustin. My TWD gets the most love at home and we love how nearly every game is heart pounding and exciting. What games do you think capture the same feel as TWD and what would you recommend?

I've been considering Met and X-Men as potential buys. I've played quite a bit of Met but only a handful of X-Men, both in poor location conditions. I've also got my name in on TNA.

#2 6 years ago

I've seen others say Iron Man.

#3 6 years ago

Nothing, IMO, does what TWD does...Theme, code, speed, constant integration of all.

Iron Man, Does come close in Adrenaline, heart pounding Rush.
Its simpler in code, and the theme is pleasant.

Met is good, and even better, if you like the Music.

Xmen is fast, but the code is loosely linear, so theres no "imperative" shots like TWD.

AC/DC also will be close to TWD, in everything...a bit lower in code, and again the theme should be something you enjoy.

Its almost like a good assortment or pass through is a Must music pin, a must super hero pin, fantasy pin, and Dark, TWD.

My opinions only, and I am biased to TWD, as a fan of the show, but also in goals....collect shields in IM, collect Passes in AC/DC, Kill Zombies in TWD.....I like the aspect of killing zombies better, and it also helps that I dont play any vids, so I get a video game type rush with TWD.

Nothing wrong with trying them all!

#5 6 years ago

Sorry, forgot Tron! Thanks Toast!

#6 6 years ago

a lot of love for TWD here. Which would you recommend though? Is prem worth it?

#7 6 years ago

Game of Thrones does the same stuff really well that TWD does well. They have very different layouts but will tickle you in the same ways.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Depends. If light shows are important to you the light show on the premium is far superior. I like the raising ramp bicycle girl shot. The extra magnet is cool (though not a deal breaker). The cross bow is cool (but also not a deal breaker).

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Depends on the game play you prefer. The pro is seriously non stop and you never get any time to think. The Premium gives you a rest on the crossbow. Well Walker, Bicycle girl and Woodbury shots are different.

That choice is personal preference and value for money.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

IMO yes ..... pro is great but look what you get with the Prem

Work rails
Real lock down
Walker bombs
Spinners
Extra drop target
Extra magnet
Lift ramp
Bash head toy
Light show
Slightly different game play
Crossbow

IMO with this game it's hand down Prem from a guy that owns both pros and Prem versions of both games

#11 6 years ago

interesting. The pro can be had for around 4500 used, prem is 6700 plus = 2k+ diff. hmmmm. I'm prob going for WCS first but TWD will be in my house sooner or later. I usually go prem on these but wouldn't mind keeping the 2k!

#12 6 years ago

I own twd, met and tron all 3 are amazing but I don't understand how ppl can stay their the same. Imo they all feel and play different.

#13 6 years ago

TWD is much better than tron lol, but IM kind of has a similar hard feel, just shallower rules. Actually GB (which you have) is the most similar I find, fairly deep, hard and fun!

#14 6 years ago

Get ACDC pro. I have TWD pro ACDC will even seem faster. It has a simple rule set that's extremely hard to execute. You will want to set it up for 5 ball play to start off. It's real addictive. If you like ACDC music it's just that much better

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

interesting. The pro can be had for around 4500 used, prem is 6700 plus = 2k+ diff. hmmmm. I'm prob going for WCS first but TWD will be in my house sooner or later. I usually go prem on these but wouldn't mind keeping the 2k!

Sold my nicely modded huo premium bought nib for 6k..... its crazy what people ask for used ones now a days considering they are still in production. Its like everyone expects to not lose money on new pins anymore.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I've also got my name in on TNA.

That game looks phenomenal, I'd say you are on the right track. For now though...ACDC Pro, BSDracula and to a lesser degree Iron Man all captured that pulse pounding feel best for me when I owned them. X-Men is a good game but it's more adventure than adrenaline...actually it would make a nice complement to TWD since it's so different. I don't know about you, but half of my games on TWD make me want to dump the damn thing on it's side. In a good way I guess because instead of destruction I just press start again and again.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sold my nicely modded huo premium bought nib for 6k..... its crazy what people ask for used ones now a days considering they are still in production. Its like everyone expects to not lose money on new pins anymore.

I feel like I say this every couple months but when you sell your pins message me first so I can buy them ; )

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

That game looks phenomenal, I'd say you are on the right track. For now though...ACDC Pro, BSDracula and to a lesser degree Iron Man all captured that pulse pounding feel best for me when I owned them. X-Men is a good game but it's more adventure than adrenaline...actually it would make a nice complement to TWD since it's so different. I don't know about you, but half of my games on TWD make me want to dump the damn thing on it's side. In a good way I guess because instead of destruction I just press start again and again.

I've gotten to the point where most of my TWD games aren't so rough but GB definitely fits that definition. I still enjoy it but nobody I have over or my Fianceé want to play it because it's so brutal. I do love ACDC music but haven't played the pin. There is a guy close to me with a nice TAF that is interested in a trade, I know TAF and TWD are way different but it's the fiancées favorite game so I may go down that road. I think that GB Premium for TAF is a good trade but I'm not sure.

#19 6 years ago

Sopranos has some similarities with stacking multiballs and modes. However with the multipliers of TWD, that sets it apart.

#20 6 years ago

I love walking dead but half my experience with it is just dying immediately so it might as well be an empty piece of wood with a plunger.
But in all seriousness, it is a unique game and quite the challenge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-capture-the-same-feeling-and-style-of-twd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.