Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpeg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I'll start with two. Twilight Zone is a great show and an alright game, but whats up with that bullet hits the bone music from the 80s. Tales of the Arabian nights is Ok, but that Genie lamp is just in the way, and it seems almost like a rehash of two other machines TOM and I can't remember the other one.

#2 11 years ago

Popeye.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

MM...just kidding! i'm curious, is there an official ''A'' list somewhere?

top 10 from the top 100 doesn't work, CV is #14.

personally, TAF.

#4 11 years ago

TZ is an A

MM is a stinker. I can say that cuz I don't have one.

#5 11 years ago

Is there an official list? If we consider the top 10 games on this site I would say TOTAN for sure...not a great player IMO, but beautiful. I would knock AFM from its "A" status it gained recently too. I just don't get the love for that game. Maybe I just need more time on it...

#6 11 years ago

IMO TZ is the best pin out there hands down. I love AFM, WH20 and IJ as well. I definitely don't think TOTAN is an 'A' title. But this is all just personal preference...

#7 11 years ago

AC/DC should be in top 10 of "A" games no question. It got beatup in the rankings cause of haters early but slowly has climbed back up. Of the current pinside top 10 TOTAN and SS are the most overrated ones in my opinion. Pretty games and a blast for awhile but neither have much staying power and aren't "top 10 games of all time"

#8 11 years ago

TZ is just a horrid mess of boringness...and TAF is close behind

#9 11 years ago

Personally, I think it is time to drop "Raven" from the A League. The art is first rate, but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. I just don't understand all the hype that surrounds this game.

#10 11 years ago

The A listers are the top 20 on the Pinside list IMO. If you want to toss one out, then go throw a crappy rating in for it and let the system do its thing. As it stands those are the games chosen by the majority.

#11 11 years ago

Totan is awesome. Really cool things going on with lamp, magnet holds, genie and swirl ramps. Fantastic theme and great lights when LED'd.

TZ is boring to those who don't understand it. There is simply so much to do it can be hard to get into it I think

#12 11 years ago

There is no A list. There are only games that you like, and games that you don't.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

There is no A list. There are only games that you like, and games that you don't.

true.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

but whats up with that bullet hits the bone music from the 80s.

The name of the song is Twilight Zone.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Personally, I think it is time to drop "Raven" from the A League. The art is first rate, but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. I just don't understand all the hype that surrounds this game.

I was going to p[ick a fight with you becasue I didn;t want to admit you were right...but you are. It's a sad day kids. Raven...God Speed to you.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Damb kids.

#17 11 years ago

MM and cactus, no better than any other pin 1/10th the price.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benepinballs:

Cactus Canyon is better.... But still not worth what it goes for.....

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benepinballs:

I think that we've established that your opinions on pins have zero credibility based on your ratings and inconsistency.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I was going to p[ick a fight with you becasue I didn;t want to admit you were right...but you are. It's a sad day kids. Raven...God Speed to you.

Raven had it's fun, but now it is time for Shaq Attaq to take it's rightful place amongst the stars. The pin to end all pins. It will be $10K by Christmas. Mark my words...

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

TZ is just a horrid mess of boringness...

You had me...

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

and TAF is close behind

...and then you lost me.

#22 11 years ago

I don't think Scared Stiff is an "A" title personally. Wouldn't bother me at all to have it off the Top 20.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

i was thinking the same thing about genesis.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

I don't think Scared Stiff is an "A" title personally. Wouldn't bother me at all to have it off the Top 20.

that's silly. It clearly is. It's easy, sure.. But it is a great game for sure...

This is why opinions are so great. Because they can be wrong, but still be valid. I guess. Somehow.

#25 11 years ago

I have issues with about 90% of the machines that people call the 'A list', which I guess is a great thing for my wallet. I was actually thinking about buying a so-called A list game, and I was trying to convince myself of which one to get, and I literally could not even set my sights on one that I thought was something I would care for. Instead, I ended up with I think 10 games that most people would call C games... but I really do like them more than the A games.

The one big negative of this - I have no space and haven't had any space for a long, long time...

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

I gotta agree with this, it wasn't for me. But clearly I am in the minority on my view of SS. To each their own!

#27 11 years ago

I could pass gas and call it "Attack from Mars",but that doesn't mean it belongs as
    background noise on a top machine.

th.jpegth.jpeg

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I didn't start this 'A' list $h!t!

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I could pass gas and call it "Attack from Mars",but that doesn't mean it belongs as background noise on a top machine.

How old are you? Ever heard of Kiss or Aerosmith?

"During 1973-74, they had Kiss and Aerosmith as their opening act."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Earing

#31 11 years ago

Radar fn love, bro!

#32 11 years ago

Come on guys, I'm not feeling the Radar Love here.

#33 11 years ago

top 25 is A list

#34 11 years ago

I'd probably kick AFM personally but, yes I'm in the minority on that. As they say, opinions are like A-holes.....

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'd probably kick AFM personally but, yes I'm in the minority on that. As they say, opinions are like A-holes.....

AMF is a great game!

But I can think of 2 or 4 better ones...

#36 11 years ago

CV is not on "My" A-List.

SS would be borderline as would TOTAN.
    TZ does not really do it for me either but for some reason I still accept it as an A-lister.....go figure.

"My" A-List:

1)ST:TNG
    2) IJ
    3) MM
    4) TAF
    5) AFM
    6) AC/DC Premium
    7) MB
    8 ) TZ
    9) Tron
    10) SM
    11) CC
    12) WW

#37 11 years ago

Interesting list Astropin. My top 5 a list is:

1 - CV
    2 - IJ
    3 - TZ
    4 - AFM
    5 - MM

I think TAF needs to go. Its a two shot game, even though TAF has sold more and earned more then any pinball ever for good reason. Tron and Avengers is far better then AC/DC, but none of these games are A list IMHO. Hmm, other A-List games that need to go... I guess that depends on what your A-List looks like.

#38 11 years ago

I find it really surprising that people don't think TZ belongs on the "A" list.
    Most of the time, people are complaining about how empty or boring playfield layouts are,(fan layouts, no toys, easy shots,...) which can't be said for TZ.
    As for games I'm not as high on, TOTAN and SS come to mind, but I don't hate them either-just like other games like TS better.

My top 5
    1. AFM
    2. TZ
    3. STTNG
    4. CC
    5. MB/MM

#39 11 years ago

I think the music is the best part of TZ. Rest of the game is "ok".

I'd like to drop AFM, mostly just because it's terribly boring, yet people still rant and rave and pay stupid money for them.

#40 11 years ago

Star Trek the next Generation is the only A list game , everything else can be droped off .

#41 11 years ago

its not fair!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Star Trek The Next Generation is the only A list game , everything else can be droped off .

So with a color DMD does it become an A+?

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

So with a color DMD does it become an A+?

Make it so!

#44 11 years ago

The biggest "A" pin I have a problem with, that I have played is AFM. if I never see that ship explode ever again I will be happy. I played 20 games on it and after the second game I was like wtf am I not getting. This is suppose to be great? I was so excited to play and was let down.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

The biggest "A" pin I have a problem with, that I have played is AFM. if I never see that ship explode ever again I will be happy. I played 20 games on it and after the second game I was like wtf am I not getting. This is suppose to be great? I was so excited to play and was let down.

You're doing it wrong.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I find it really surprising that people don't think TZ belongs on the "A" list.
    Most of the time, people are complaining about how empty or boring playfield layouts are,(fan layouts, no toys, easy shots,...) which can't be said for TZ.
    As for games I'm not as high on, TOTAN and SS come to mind, but I don't hate them either-just like other games like TS better.
    My top 5
    1. AFM
    2. TZ
    3. STTNG
    4. CC
    5. MB/MM

Ummm...that's 6!

#47 11 years ago

Tz is definitely an A game. Try it more than once and how could you not put it on the A list?

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

Shoot something. Wait. Ball comes back. Shoot something else. Wait. Ball comes back. Shoot something else. Wait. Kicks ball somewhere else. Ball comes back.

I like speed. I had one of the mintiest TZs I've ever seen, so new that it still had visible dimples on the playfield, and I just didn't care for it at all.

I would though turn on the music and just listen to that while I was fixing other stuff. LOVE the music and theme.

Having said all this, I totally *get* why some people love it. It's like LOTR, TOTAN, TOM, TSPP, IJ, MB or CC - I totally get what some people like about them. I just never want one in my collection. I'm weird

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

but whats up with that bullet hits the bone music from the 80s.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I heard a radio interview with the band that wrote that, its about assassin thats to murder the pope and he realizes that he will die and their is no way out hence the Twilight Zone reference

edit-was written based on the Bourne Identity book!

#50 11 years ago

all of them.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-can-we-drop-off-the-a-list-for-one-reason-or-another/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.