(Topic ID: 207464)

What game has the worst callouts or music?

By crwjumper

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Chicoman
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

249BBF15-1221-4CB8-9EA0-BC23D1479A3E (resized).jpeg
78E5CAF3-B914-44E2-A8B9-C64EA5E6FAAA (resized).jpeg
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Country and pinball don't mix.

Or country and anything that isn't drinking.

#52 6 years ago

I like both kinds of music, country and western.

#53 6 years ago

Spider Man 2007 is (not the worst) repeat (not the worst). However
But the music main theme got on my nerves .
And the voice of the actor 'Daily Bugle' was so annoying ,
Both of these factors lead to my selling my NIB HOU SM .

#54 6 years ago

I thought Metallica sucked pretty bad. The callouts seemed so forced and cheesy.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I thought Metallica sucked pretty bad. The callouts seemed so forced and cheesy.

Its got Jack f$&#ing pot call out which is an all timer... The music certainly is the worst by default though

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Yes! they are trying to hard to sound cool, makes me feel embarrassed for them.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Lethal Weapon 3...

Okay okay okay....

#58 6 years ago

Weird growling sound monopoly makes when shooting the ball.

#59 6 years ago

Diner for me. Just didnt like the music, babs, tex, any of it. Ultimately why i sold machine.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Spider Man 2007 is (not the worst) repeat (not the worst). However
But the music main theme got on my nerves .
And the voice of the actor 'Daily Bugle' was so annoying ,
Both of these factors lead to the sale of my NIB SM .

It’s not only NOT the worst, JK Simmons’ voice work usually has it regarded among the best, if not THE best.

David Thiel on audio, and the most notorious and recognizable actor’s voice from the trilogy doing custom callouts that actually pertain to pinball and what you’re doing. And they’re great!

It’s one of the absolute best overall packages, and we didn’t even get to layout, depth, toys, and BoM.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Like most of the current music they make. Xmen is bad and I think GOTG will give that a game a run for its money.

#62 6 years ago
#63 6 years ago

That one's not so bad when it's drowned out by all the noise at Chucky Cheese, but once I got one home, oh no!

#64 6 years ago

Frankly I've never been annoyed by the sound on a game. I love the sound of Data East games and can easily tune out the repetitive callouts on Gottlieb System 3 games. The thing I can't stand in pinball audio is boring audio. Striker Xtreme for example just has boring music and boring callouts. Same with Sharkey's Shootout, though that game grew on me a little after I learned the rules. Basically, if the music doesn't fit the pace of a pinball game (This is why I usually don't care for the music people put on PinSound; it usually never sounds like pinball music), or the callouts are people mumbling everything with 0 excitement at all, even when exciting things are happening, it can bore me out of my mind!

#65 6 years ago

The music on gold wings was so bad that almost as soon as I finally got the sound board working, I pulled the fuse.

#66 6 years ago

Aaron Spelling pinball.

The Spellings and 90210 meet Lethal Weapon...

#67 6 years ago

normally I like early Bally SS games
but the sounds on Frontier are bad

#68 6 years ago

Funny, I love Wipeout, if I sold it the callouts is what I would miss most, great and cheesy

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That's pretty rough too.
Country and pinball don't mix.

The clear winner surprised noone has brought up yet.
"Who brought the dog."

#70 6 years ago

Rollergames makes my skin crawl!

#71 6 years ago

Dr Who and TSPP. I tried twice with the simpsons but barts call outs are annoying.

#72 6 years ago

I don't know how everyone has missed the worst one. It's easily riverboat gambler.
" riding on that lucky riverboat"

#73 6 years ago

I vote vote for "everybody underground now" (twister)

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Funny, I love Wipeout, if I sold it the callouts is what I would miss most, great and cheesy

They are cheesy, i like it forca few games, but after that it starts to get old

#75 6 years ago

“Everybody underground!” - Twister
It’s used way too much. I like the music though.

I also concur with the repetitive “shoot the pyramid!”

X-Men’s call outs are atrocious too.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Shoot here and here!
Got old real fast

+1.. First game that came to mind was T3 with the shoot here callouts..

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

“Everybody underground!” - Twister
It’s used way too much. I like the music though.
I also concur with the repetitive “shoot the pyramid!”
X-Men’s call outs are atrocious too.

The music is pretty good on twister van Halen human beings.

#78 6 years ago

Anyone on here not voting for Heavy Metal Meltdown has never played Heavy Metal Meltdown.

#79 6 years ago

I feel like there's a bit of a disconnect here with people's opinions regarding game audio, the theme it represents, and their subjective opinions.

Case in point: I very much dislike the country twang of the music in Fishtales, but the audio and callouts fit the theme of the pinball machine perfectly, therefore, I don't believe the game's callouts and audio to be bad in any way, just not something I personally enjoy.

-----

One game that really disappointed me was Jokerz. Sandwiched chronologically between Swords of Fury, Taxi, Earthshaker, and BK2K, Jokerz had the opportunity to make a slam dunk soundtrack with it's fancy new stereo soundboard--but instead we got tinny sounding circus music and terribly annoying helium laughs and taunts. I guess it kinda fits the theme of the game, but man...what a huge disappointment.

Imagine if literally any other game from the System 11b era had that soundboard. What a treat that would've been.

#80 6 years ago

How is Street Fighter 2 not on the list yet. Not going to review the game but that shoot the bracelet target in a bad accent is so repetitive but yet it is the only intelligible thing on the game most are some kinda grunts that have just as bad animations to go with it. NO I AM NOT CRAZYLEVI this was my own experience.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

How is Street Fighter 2 not on the list yet. Not going to review the game but that shoot the bracelet target in a bad accent is so repetitive but yet it is the only intelligible thing on the game most are some kinda grunts that have just as bad animations to go with it. NO I AM NOT CRAZYLEVI this was my own experience.

USE THE FLIPPER!!!

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Anyone on here not voting for Heavy Metal Meltdown has never played Heavy Metal Meltdown.

But it's so bad it's at least funny.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

definitely true, but how long does one joke repeated every 3 seconds stay funny? It'd get unbearable pretty fast in a collection.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

definitely true, but how long does one joke repeated every 3 seconds stay funny? It'd get unbearable pretty fast in a collection.
» YouTube video

Oh for ownership i would totally agree

#85 6 years ago

Breakshot, Tee'd Off and Motordome's soundtrack is unlistenable..

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Makes me want to get one LOL!

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Some are good, some seem like almost intentionally bad acting, but it wasn't intentional.

Quoted from KHL:

Breakshot, Tee'd Off and Motordome's soundtrack is unlistenable..

That god damn gopher makes me want to drag the game outside and run into it with my car.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

"It's in the casket?"

#89 6 years ago

Shaq attack. 2nd place isn't even close.

#90 6 years ago

I like the game so far, and Iv only ever played it in loud bars because... but Iv heard some negative things about the GotG callouts. Anyone with better knowledge care to expand on that?

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I like the game so far, and Iv only ever played it in loud bars because... but Iv heard some negative things about the GotG callouts. Anyone with better knowledge care to expand on that?

It's just noise. It just plays video clips that have nothing to do with what you're doing. There are no helpful "shoot the ramp" indicator callouts. There are also no acceptable callouts to indicate what you just hit. Instead you get a bunch of movie clips that start and just continue to run, regardless of how well or poorly you're playing. It's really poorly integrated sound.

The music is fine.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Fish Tales has pretty awful music. Not sure I'd claim the worst, but it's bad.

FT is one of my all time favorites. Classic music. As for annoying, I'd put Cue Ball Wizard way up there. But I don't think I'd ever want to spend much time playing it anyhow... 'you really need that ramp shot'

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from subruckus:

FT is one of my all time favorites. Classic music. As for annoying, I'd put Cue Ball Wizard way up there. But I don't think I'd ever want to spend much time playing it anyhow... 'you really need that ramp shot'

Given that that's about the only shot, does not help

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Given that that's about the only shot, does not help

Very true... start mode, trap ball, wait for mode to expire, repeat. Then get to pool ball mania.

#95 6 years ago

Motordome....lw3..... Gotg.... probably one of the most annoying call-outs in pinball is" "who let the dogs out" gb...

#96 6 years ago

I'd have to go with Rocky & Bullwinkle .... lousy music, lousy call outs .... Wrong Hat! .... it's bad

#97 6 years ago

stargate - shoot the pyramid, frankenstein - bad audio quality

#98 6 years ago

The game I'm thinking of was a groundbreaking game, the first "talking" pinball game. Gotta love it. It had a primitive audio system and when the volume was turned up, the callouts went right through you. The callouts, cobbled together from a vocabulary of seven words, were things like "Gorgar speaks", "Me got you", etc.

#99 6 years ago

All WPC games with German speech. TOM in particular with its "schiess auf dem Koffer" will make your ears bleed.

#100 6 years ago

Dirty Harry has one of the most unenthusiastic callouts ever....I also agree on Dr. Who with the Daleks. The other annoying one is AMH.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 209.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-callouts-are-the-worst/page/2?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.