(Topic ID: 148086)

What Game(s) Are You Restoring Right Now?

By seshpilot

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by girloveswaffles
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

comp4_(resized).jpg
    comp3_(resized).jpg
    comp2_(resized).jpg
    comp_(resized).jpg
    xen_(resized).jpg
    20151227_105923_(resized).jpg
    SS_full_glare_lollll_(resized).jpg
    with_film_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    20151213_183052_(resized).jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

I'm not considering it a restore, because I am using a CPR PF to do a PF swap on my Fathom although I am using original parts if possible, and I will be restoring the cab,...I'm hoping to have it finished in time to go to some shows this year. This PF is not wanting to cooperate though, I should've taken my own advice and actually restored the original PF cause this is the 2nd (and last) time I've done a swap to a new PF, and the 2nd time it has been a NIGHTMARE!!

Phoebe

#52 3 years ago

Restoring my Bally Night Rider. Got a great deal on the game from a dealer in OKC a couple years ago. Installing a clear coated NOS playfield done by Brian at HSA. Hoping to be done with it by next weekend. Will be the 5th Bally playfield swap for me. Each one gets a bit easier than the last one.

20151227_105923_(resized).jpg

#53 3 years ago

Don't get discouraged Phobe (says the man who has never attempted a PF swap!), we're all behind you. I would love to see any before, during, and after pics you may have. Those have always motivated me to at least go through my project pile and think about which pin would make the sacrifice to be my first victim.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Don't get discouraged Phobe (says the man who has never attempted a PF swap!), we're all behind you. I would love to see any before, during, and after pics you may have. Those have always motivated me to at least go through my project pile and think about which pin would make the sacrifice to be my first victim.

Thanks Danimal! Jump on in and do it!! You can do it! Oh I'm not going to stop (been restoring games too long to give up ) , I will just restore the original PFs from now on. (unless that is impossible which I have not come across yet!) I haven't got any pics (you wouldn't want to see me cussing it anyways!!)...actually got this game already torn down (topside anyway) it took longer to get the underside transferred and getting the PF ready to re-populate, have been clearing out the star rollovers and getting the pop holes the right size and getting stuff dimpled and drilled, all the parts were in baggies, so I am going by pics that I have found on here and any other site I can find.
    It really shouldn't be this tough!!! I have found that doing a swap from original to restored PF is MUCH easier than original to repro...YMMV!!

Phoebe

#55 3 years ago

Got herself a brand new coat

xen_(resized).jpg

#56 3 years ago

Hopefully just in time to get some replacement "comic version" plastics before reassembling , I'm working on Spider-Man.

#57 3 years ago

I'm in the process of cleaning up a Gottlieb Punk for a friend, the incorrect head needed modification and a repaint, a NOS playfield swap was started (before me) that I will complete and then it'll require a lot of testing before I give it back. I think I have this System 80 stuff figured out.

Steve

#58 3 years ago

Almost finished: Gameplan Sharpshooter
    Classic Stern Wild Fyre

playfield stripped: Williams Taxi. I have to polish the mylar on this one, don't want to take a chance on pulling it, too may guys recommend against it, especially on System 11's.

Has anyone else tried the "boat varnish" method of polishing mylar? Apparently you rub a small amount of this varnish into the mylar in order to fill the tiny cracks that show up as dullness. How about Wet or Dry sanding, starting with 1200 grit, then getting finer?

Thanks,
    Alan

#59 3 years ago

I'm about to start on my EATPM.

#60 3 years ago

While I'm loving doing my restoring my Seawitch, I'd love to be working on it alongside either a Nine Ball or Centuar!

#61 3 years ago

Just finished a (slow and methodical) restoration on my 1972 Williams "Swinger" after finding it in a barn, mere days away from being hurled into the dump. Here are some before and after PF comparisons:

comp_(resized).jpgcomp2_(resized).jpgcomp3_(resized).jpgcomp4_(resized).jpg

She plays like a dream now and the rebuilt pops are STUPID-fast!

Here's the entire topic for anyone interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just finished a (slow and methodical) restoration on my 1972 Williams "Swinger" after finding it in a barn, mere days away from being hurled into the dump. Here are some before and after PF comparisons:
    comp_(resized).jpgcomp2_(resized).jpgcomp3_(resized).jpgcomp4_(resized).jpg
    She plays like a dream now and the rebuilt pops are STUPID-fast!
    ยป YouTube video
    Here's the entire topic for anyone interested:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme

It's still amazing how vivid the colors are on that playfield considering it's age.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.95
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.00
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 19.95
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 59.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside