(Topic ID: 148086)

What Game(s) Are You Restoring Right Now?

By seshpilot

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

comp4_(resized).jpg
    comp3_(resized).jpg
    comp2_(resized).jpg
    comp_(resized).jpg
    xen_(resized).jpg
    20151227_105923_(resized).jpg
    SS_full_glare_lollll_(resized).jpg
    with_film_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    20151213_183052_(resized).jpg
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

-What game(s) are you currently restoring?
    -Why are you restoring this specific game?
    -Are you stuck in your restore and need help/butt-kicking?
    -What's the link to your documented current restoration?

I'll go first:
    -1980 Stern Seawitch
    -Restoring because I freaking LOVE this game and have been looking for 1 for some time. Had this one shipped all the way from CA to IN
    -Not stuck at all, but did just mail my playfield off to HSA for restoration
    -Link to my restore: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ahoy-matey-there-be-a-seawitch-a-restoring

#2 8 years ago

Not pinball, but will also throw this up:

-1980 Stern Berzerk video game
    -Restoring because I used to play it with my Dad on our Atari 2600 as a kid
    -Waiting for a control panel overlay to arrive in the mail and then done. Just put in a burn-free tube on a K7000 chassis
    -No link to the restore. Sorry.

#3 8 years ago

Currently finishing up my Eros one. Almost done. It works but I need to replace the capacitors and connectors. Anyone know where I can find 15pt Mate-n-lok board mounts?

Also trying to finish my Andromeda but I need to figure out why the MPU won't flash.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Currently finishing up my Eros one.

Dude, awesome rare game there!

#5 8 years ago

Working on my Bally Nitro Groundshaker but sidelined for a while because of hand and rotor cuff surgery 2 weeks ago!
    Also need to finish my Skee Ball so i can get it sold.

#6 8 years ago

Bally Radical
    Gottlieb 2001
    Sonic SUPER STRAIGHT

#7 8 years ago

We are currently working on 3+ projects.

Indy is half way home. I am currently awaiting the playfield. It is out being cleared. While I wait Ive decided to get my Bally Atlantis's going. I want them working before I start into the restoration.
    Misc_094_(resized).jpgMisc_094_(resized).jpg

My son is slowly working on his Doctor Who. The cabinet is just about complete and we will be starting the playfield any day now.
    Oh yea I decided to shop out an ACDC in between restorations.
    Misc_093_(resized).jpgMisc_093_(resized).jpg

#8 8 years ago

Restore and re graphic my indy 500 for the 100th running of the race

2015_2016AnnouncementV2_1600x800_(resized).jpg2015_2016AnnouncementV2_1600x800_(resized).jpg

#9 8 years ago

I've been trying to finish my Allied Leisure Dynomite. The kickout coil isn't firing. I've been trying to find the issue for weeks. Ugh.

#10 8 years ago

Finishing up my Diamond Lady....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-finished-shopping-out-my-diamond-lady

Next up...

DE Simpsons.

DSC_2363_(resized).JPGDSC_2363_(resized).JPG

#11 8 years ago

High Speed & 76 Royal Flush.

High Speed - Mylar glue removal phase - so will probably never be done.

Royal Flush - Haven't had much time into it. Found a replacement insert so i need to re-glue the inserts to start and go from there.

#12 8 years ago

Getting close to finishing up a MB HE that is sold to a customer (waiting on head paint to cure, also will have green legs, chrome just for setup purposes) Just finished redecaling a NGG which is sold as an average game with new decals. Working on wiring up out Star Gazer that we are building from scratch (just got switches left to wire up). And last an TAF that is torn apart awaiting a playfield. Pinball Company techs are busy over the holiday!20151231_180714_(resized).jpg20151231_180714_(resized).jpg20151231_180725_(resized).jpg20151231_180725_(resized).jpg20151231_180734_(resized).jpg20151231_180734_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago

No pics yet but in currently working on 4 machines. Earthshaker, Game Show, Gorgar, and Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man. All in various stages of completion.

#14 8 years ago

I'm not really doing restorations, I'm doing refurbishments - get them working and playing nicely without going whole hog on a complete teardown.

I've got a Meteor and a Paragon in for that. Meteor is almost done - every board needed work, plus all those crappy light sockets. Just cleanup fixing now.

Paragon is next, it needs major playfield work. That'll be my first decal job.

After that, my plan is to do a full restoration on an Abracadabra, my first resto on an EM.

Two other long term projects are a Strange Science and Mustang EM-to-SS conversion.

#15 8 years ago

At the moment I'm working on bringing a 1948 Gottlieb Buccaneer back to life.

#16 8 years ago

Working on BOP 2.0, but now that i have redone the cabinet, i think i will put in a new playfield, so i guess i am at a stand still until i get one.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

At the moment I'm working on bringing a 1948 Gottlieb Buccaneer back to life.

I plan to spend summer camp at O-din's house. I'm betting I could learn a shit ton of stuff about EMs from him.

Starting on an AFM in a few months (when the weather warms up). Will have a restoration thread to document my incompetence.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I plan to spend summer camp at O-din's house. I'm betting I could learn a shit ton of stuff about EMs from him.

Shitload aboot drinking. I know I know I know....you can hold your own...so you think.

#19 8 years ago

Everybody's welcome to come and take the Big Daddy challenge.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Shitload aboot drinking. I know I know I know....you can hold your own...so you think.

Quoted from o-din:

No thanks. One beer for me and somebody else is driving. I'm the guy that's fun when sober and then becomes like as soon as he starts drinking.

#21 8 years ago

My Baby Pacman stopped working a few weeks ago, so it's now in my work space.
    I also have a Harlem Globetrotter project that is sitting on my cart, trying to bring it back from the dead.

#22 8 years ago

Working on three games.

Fireball II
    Fathom
    Heat Wave

Al three play. All three will end up pretty as well.

Marcus

#23 8 years ago

Working on a Williams Fire. Doing a ground up restoration with some custom features. I have always liked the artwork on this machine. In a rental house why we build so taking a little longer than I had hoped but on the downhill stretch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-restoration

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Done sir! PM me the address and I'll be there. (As long as you are not too far from LA), lol.

On topic.. will TRY to start my Tommy PF swap in 2016. Minty cabinet but blown out PF to replace with sweet NOS Kruzman special!!!

#25 8 years ago

Finishing up a TZ that belongs to a client, then going to start on his MM.

#26 8 years ago

Just picked up a Boomerang the other day (Thanks big time to Pinsider GPS) So far I have the playfield stripped and 2 out of the 4 score reel banks cleaned and adjusted best I know how. Wires are cut to the knocker and credit unit. When I press the credit button the score will reset but then the score motor keeps running. My first EM so lots of learning to do. So far I love working on it!

#27 8 years ago

Just finished today a ground up restore on a Flash Gordon for a friend.

#28 8 years ago

I'm working on a Power Play. My first ever pin and I have spent more on tools I need than the actual game / parts lol. And TIME ... in between work and just plain life this thing will take me the better part of a year at this rate but I'm learning as I go.

#29 8 years ago

Grand Lizard.I just a few minor issues left.
    I just love the game.It's a good System 11.

IMAG3896.jpgIMAG3896.jpg

#30 8 years ago

Pinbot. Looking forward to putting it back together once I get my CPR PF back (it needed a couple touchups and reclear).

20151213_183122_(resized).jpg20151213_183122_(resized).jpg

20151213_183109_(resized).jpg20151213_183109_(resized).jpg

20151213_183052_(resized).jpg20151213_183052_(resized).jpg

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm the guy that's fun when sober and then becomes like as soon as he starts drinking.

God you can get worse?

#32 8 years ago

I'm debating on starting my Shadow or Banzai. Probably Shadow.

#33 8 years ago

Working on my AFM cab almost done starting the PF change soon

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

My son is slowly working on his Doctor Who. The cabinet is just about complete and we will be starting the playfield any day

Love seeing father and son do this. You've got great posts.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No thanks. One beer for me and somebody else is driving. I'm the guy that's fun when sober and then becomes like as soon as he starts drinking.

you mean to tell us you make most of your posts sober?

#36 8 years ago

I got a "free" Memory Lane. my guess of it needing a new bridge rectifier was confirmed. pretty good shape. back glass is perfect. so it sits in my garage as I debate putting the money into it, learning about this era of pin (which i know less about than the modern ones , if that's possible), and doing a 'restore' this winter...hmmmmm.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

you mean to tell us you make most of your posts sober?

Yesh.

#38 8 years ago

Not so much a restore currently but Playfield swap on Getaway. Next is TOTAN for a full swap and then cabinet decals on IJ. After that who knows!

#39 8 years ago

BoP resto in progress. Cab almost ready for decals, waitin for my pf.....
    Pics next time.

#40 8 years ago

I'm in the process of having this installed. It's been a long wait. Took forever to finally find the playfield but found it. It has several coats of clearcoat with time spent between each. The final product will be sweet with a new flipper rebuild and whatever it takes to make it perfect. It will be going into nice clean machine with original cabinet artwork in great shape. Pictures of it will come after it is completed. Hopefully before March. Can anyone catch the flaw in the artwork? There is one.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#41 8 years ago

Almost forgot: I'm doing a POTC playfield swap very soon as well. Pray for me.

#42 8 years ago

#43 8 years ago

Doing these cabinets with a buddy next will be some play field swaps and touch ups for them

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#44 8 years ago

doing some final touch on space shuttle.

next game, in 2-3 months, firepower.

with_film_(resized).JPGwith_film_(resized).JPG
    SS_full_glare_lollll_(resized).jpgSS_full_glare_lollll_(resized).jpg

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Almost forgot: I'm doing a POTC playfield swap very soon as well. Pray for me.

Don't you need a game to swap the playfield with.

#46 8 years ago

Shopping/restoring police force.

Neat pin.

#47 8 years ago

Doing a CPR F2K pf swap and cab freshening up, Total restore on Haunted House with multi ball and speech and restoring an Air Aces for a friend (paying gig) and already thinking about what I'm going to do next

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Don't you need a game to swap the playfield with.

The first-ever Pinside Basement cross-reference...let me know if you can hear this from down there:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-new-year-bitches#post-2882271

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The first-ever Pinside Basement cross-reference...let me know if you can hear this from down there:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-new-year-bitches#post-2882271

Loud and clear.
    HaHa

#50 8 years ago

You need to speak louder. I can't here you over the sound of my POTC playing.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-are-you-restoring-right-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.