(Topic ID: 322484)

What games are *really* bolted to the floor?

By dr_nybble

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Wariodolby
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thunderbirds-machine-584x1024 (resized).png
    6513B2FF-1BF4-4783-AD10-9BBB3AD66569 (resized).jpeg
    EFC7900D-B3EF-4CC0-984E-361B2B6005FF (resized).png
    wv_publicity_pre_launch_A_still_11.000001 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 3.56.25 PM (resized).png

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

Based on the number of games out there and how often they come up for sale, what are the games that seem to *really* be bolted to the floor?

#2 1 year ago

Metallica is my longest lasting game, coming up on ten years with no plans to sell it.

#3 1 year ago

I would say this is different for everybody, so you'll get every machine in the top 50 one way or another.

#4 1 year ago

Everything is negotiable

#5 1 year ago

The only way I would sell Big Game would be if you showed me 20k and another Big Game.

#6 1 year ago

I’m going to say none!
    I’ve had at least 5 bolted to the ground,that where personal to me and my memories.Did keep them for long period of times.
    Sold them and never looked back.
    Unless your lucky enough to still have a pin your family owned 30 years ago,all pins eventually get sold or replaced with something new and shiny!

#8 1 year ago

Stern Spiderman with an autographed Stan Lee translite
    Space Shuttle (fully restored, with a lot of help)
    Indiana Jones (my first pinball machine)

Those would be the last 3 out.

-Wes

#9 1 year ago

I’ve only been collecting for three years, so it’s hard to say, but I cannot imagine letting go of Heat Wave or Flipper Fair. Probably not Mystic, either.

#10 1 year ago

Nothing is bolted here, only have room and money for 6. JP, GZ and IMDN I believe I'll keep for a long time and there's nothing currently out that I'd swap them for but you never know what will come out in the future which is why I say nothing is bolted.

#12 1 year ago

Metallica and maiden. Been offered well above going rate on both. I dont see the opportunity coming along to buy them again.

#13 1 year ago

It's probably the most ignorant phrase in all of the hobby. All it actually means is that you care way too much about an object and you are letting others know about it.

#14 1 year ago

I was less looking for personal "bolted to the floor" and more what the marketplace shows. Or if you were trying to buy a certain game, was it surprisingly hard to shake one loose?

I guess if we had access to the underlying data we could probably determine this empirically!

#15 1 year ago

Games I will be buried with are
    BLY EM Mata Hari and Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom
    and my wife's EATPM and Scared Stiff

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Games I will be buried with are
    BLY EM Mata Hari and Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom
    and my wife's EATPM and Scared Stiff

Your wife'll be pissed if you go first!

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

All it actually means is that you care way too much about an object and you are letting others know about that fact.

This exactly the purpose of the expression. I sell a lot of games. People will ask about certain games and you say "It's bolted to the floor." It is a polite way of saying "F*ck off, it's not for sale, don't ask again."

#18 1 year ago

I’d be hard pressed to sell any of my CGC remakes. But who knows what the future will hold!
    I still bet they never leave however.

Richard

#19 1 year ago

Bolted a Air Compressor to the floor. Thinking it wouldn't be to tough to do to pinball machine.

I could see someone tear the leg right of machine at some locations if game was "bolted to floor"

Oh the lawsuits that would arise at locations from injuries..

Nothing is truly bolted to my floor. I think given the "right" price I'd even sell Fish Tales

#20 1 year ago
    Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 3.56.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-19 at 3.56.25 PM (resized).png
    #21 1 year ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

This exactly the purpose of the expression. I sell a lot of games. People will ask about certain games and you say "It's bolted to the floor." It is a polite way of saying "F*ck off, it's not for sale, don't ask again."

Polite?, more like ignorant. Just say it's not for sale like a regular person.

#22 1 year ago

All you need is a wrench and bolts can be un-bolted.

The the most common wrench sizes are 20's, 50's and 100's

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

what are the games that seem to *really* be bolted to the floor?

Everyone knows that themes the family can enjoy are hard to part with.

wv_publicity_pre_launch_A_still_11.000001 (resized).jpegwv_publicity_pre_launch_A_still_11.000001 (resized).jpeg

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

I was less looking for personal "bolted to the floor" and more what the marketplace shows. Or if you were trying to buy a certain game, was it surprisingly hard to shake one loose?
    I guess if we had access to the underlying data we could probably determine this empirically!

I live in a pinball desert. I'm between KC, St Louis, DFW, OKC areas. Not much is available in my area.

However, one game on my list I want to play (which means I would have to buy it, play for a while, then pass on) would be Barracora. The game looks so classic, strategic, and timeless. Who knows, may be a dud in person, but I've wanted to find one.

No games are truly bolted at my place, I only have room for 3 games. BM 66 was my grail game, but now that Rush is in the lineup, it is hard to choose.

I would like a JJP again. Only if I had more space I could "bolt" something down. I think the longest I've owned a game was 6 months. However, I'm new to the hobby and just want to play everything. Most of my turnover has been slowly stepping up to more expensive games. A bolted game to me would be one I got, loved, and knew if I got rid of it, the chances of finding another like it would be very slim.

I dig the ride, who cares about the destination.

#25 1 year ago

MBLE, EHOH. I dont play monster bash much anymore but every time I do I fall in love with it again. It really hits the sweet spot of pinball.

#26 1 year ago

I haven't had a game that I wouldn't sell for the right price. I really miss Firepower though.

#27 1 year ago

This is the only game I have used the term …” bolted to the floor “
    C37

EFC7900D-B3EF-4CC0-984E-361B2B6005FF (resized).pngEFC7900D-B3EF-4CC0-984E-361B2B6005FF (resized).png
    #28 1 year ago

I’ve been collecting 22 years. 7 games. Never sold one. So they have all been bolted I guess.

#29 1 year ago

I think I would have a very difficult time parting with my mint restored IJ, TAFG & MB, closely followed by my huo LOTR & MM Royal. Just so damn near impossible to replace these north of the boarder.

#30 1 year ago

For availability I would say Defender and Star Light are bolted to someones floors as I have been looking for years and the price passed me by.

As for games I own, never say never.

#31 1 year ago

For nostalgia, gameplay or something else i would say:
    - ACDC Premium
    - Iron Maiden
    - Lord Of The Rings
    - TOTAN

#32 1 year ago

I seldom sell games so most of my collection is bolted but Captain Fantastic I bought in 86 will never leave. It's my only pin that I have that I played with my late father.

#33 1 year ago

Last call for Iron Maiden might be popular!

#34 1 year ago

Barracora, MMR, STNG, Whirlwind. But theres always a price....

#35 1 year ago

I once played a Monster Bash in a small cafe in Amsterdam in 2013 that was literally bolted to the floor. Even though I was not nearly the nudger that I am today it was a strange experience. And the scoop was the most chewed up I had ever seen. That machine had been ridden hard in the 15 years between 1998 and 2013.

#36 1 year ago

Just got a game I consider a grail (WMS Indiana Jones), I'm pretty sure it's getting bolted soon enough.

#37 1 year ago

Space shuttle is my desert island.

#38 1 year ago

Some are weighted down pretty heavy but enough crisp green 100 dollar bills and anything is moveable

#39 1 year ago

Currently for me, my TWD Pro. Love how fast and smooth it shoots in a unique Borg layout with outstanding code from the master himself Lyman.

#40 1 year ago

There needs to be an objective metric to this:

Number of games produced, versus how often it comes up for sale as a percentage.

#41 1 year ago

Grew up on track property and saw every race from 1984 to 2000, so Indy 500 isn't going anywhere.
    HE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW THAT UPPER FLIPPER'S THERE PAUL

#42 1 year ago

Wiggler and Star pool are two that my father in law gave me. Those two machines are what I cut my teeth on and restored so those are not going anywhere except back to him but probably just stay here. Super Mario Bros won’t go anywhere since I’m a Nintendo fanboy and collect CIB consoles. My basement has vintage Nintendo displays and a original DK cab arcade machine so it goes well with it…and it took me forever to find one at a reasonable price in reasonable shape. All my others have nothing keeping them at my place other than emotional connection to restoring them.

#43 1 year ago

There's a hierarchy, of course, and sometimes the market guides you toward what to sell now vs. not, but basically nothing is bolted. Part of the fun is buying and selling and trading, moving out games you just played a lot for games you haven't, or haven't in a while. You can always (or almost always) re-acquire something you've sold, or sell or trade something you don't like. It's nice meeting people too... maybe a little less so when stairs are involved.

#44 1 year ago

I have a HUO Medieval Madness that I bought around 24 years ago. You would think "how many times can you freaking play Medieval Madness??" But I just love everything about it and I know I would miss it. My first purchase ever was a TZ a couple years earlier, which I also loved but eventually sold.

edit: forgot to mention my kids now love it too. That kind of sealed the deal.

#45 1 year ago

The real question is has anyone ever bolted one to the floor? I would like to see pics.

#46 1 year ago

Stranger Things Premium... just don't see it ever leaving. Family fav, wife's fav. Currently bolted...

#47 1 year ago

For how many are out there, The Addams Family , Twilight Zone , also as mentioned above Super Mario Bros rarely comes up for sale.
    I've been looking for a Stern Electronics Iron Maiden and that seems like those who have them, keep them.

#48 1 year ago

My Tron LE is bolted. I used to think Stranger Things LE and POTC LE would never leave but they’re both sold now.
    As far as the market, Metallica LE, IMDN LE and Stranger Things premium and LE both seem like they’re not for sale often.

#49 1 year ago

For KISS fans, a 79 Bally KISS machine is essential for any serious KISS collection.

#50 1 year ago

I’d say any pin that you can’t sell or trade.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-are-really-bolted-to-the-floor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.