(Topic ID: 45011)

What games are grossly overpriced relative to fun now?

By Collin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ccotenj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spyder6.jpg
    home_theater.jpg
    cellproj.jpg
    image.jpg
    Theater2.jpg
    Theater3.jpg
    Theater4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.jpg
    911sc_4.jpg
    There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Agreed. I have 3 60" elte kuros. They best anything out today. My home theater runs a jvc rs-35 which cost $8000 2 years ago in a totally black and light controlled room. Screen is 135" and in the properly controlled room the colors are close. But the kuros still beat it.
    http://thebigboss.org/theater/theater.html

Somewhere there is a frat house missing its la-z-boys! I love the infinite baffle risers. I might steal that idea.

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Yeah, we're kind of all shooting each other in the foot letting these prices get out of control like they have. Every time you sell a game, just think -- is this fair to a fellow collector? Rather than, hmmm how much could I make off of this?
    If that started happening more regularly, the pricing would stay under control, but everyone wants to make a little (or a lot) on every machine. To me, this is not a business, it's for fun. I'd rather buy and sell and make nothing on them and have reasonable prices, than make tons on my sells and have machines I like out of reach.
    I know, I know --- supply and demand, the market speaks, blah blah. We've done it to ourselves though. Don't like the pricing? Quit buying long enough and it will go down, or everyone start pricing machines at "reasonable" prices not "market value".

Then a flipper buys it and jacks the price.
    I ask stupid money for my games now because I have to pay stupid money for the next one.
    It is usually folly shopped and needs a rebuild, in case you haven't noticed the parts suppliers are not giving any deals either.
    Don't like 35 for a FT? Then buy a POS for 2K, tear it down and start the hunt for parts.

If yer willin' to pay I'm willin' to pour.

I just finished my WH2O, stupid money for parts and ops don't have any base games left.
    We are our own worst enemies, we bought them all and demand is greater than supply.
    I have quit buying for now, all my spots are full and I don't want to sell any more, I can never replace them when I do.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Agreed. I have 3 60" elte kuros. They best anything out today. My home theater runs a jvc rs-35 which cost $8000 2 years ago in a totally black and light controlled room. Screen is 135" and in the properly controlled room the colors are close. But the kuros still beat it.
    http://thebigboss.org/theater/theater.html

Nice!

You gotta get that center speaker up off the floor though.

#104 11 years ago
    Quoted from cireone:

Just about all of them.

So agree with this.

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I also have a Panasonic Plasma 65" set. Super nice picture. But in terms of trying to duplicate the theater experience, it doesn't hold a candle to my 9 foot wide screen in my HT. And sitting closer doesn't change that fact.

+1

#106 11 years ago

Honestly, a theater experience for me is more about the sound than the video. But whatever, I understand what you're saying, I just happen to disagree that you need a projector to enjoy a home theater.

#107 11 years ago

Talk about Home Theater thread jack. Nice diversion to avoid the over priced topic.

So what pins are overpriced again?

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Honestly, a theater experience for me is more about the sound than the video. But whatever, I understand what you're saying, I just happen to disagree that you need a projector to enjoy a home theater.

Of course I never said that, so not sure what we are disagreeing about then?

I'm merely saying that front projection will get you closer to the theater experience...if that is your goal.

I was certainly able to enjoy my system before I went with front projection.

#109 11 years ago

Interesting

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

TRON LE because the pro plays virtually the same for less than half the cost.

Fair enough

#111 11 years ago

Based upon the current frenzied buy posting on the front page... Zaccaria Spooky.

Unless it is more fun than almost any game ever made, 6K is a lot!

#112 11 years ago

Hey check out my HT...yeahhh baby.

cellproj.jpgcellproj.jpg

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Hey check out my HT...yeahhh baby.

That shit is mad overpriced dog.

#114 11 years ago

KISS - That game always stunk yet gets a high price because of the name.

#115 11 years ago

Rob - you could fit a whole bunch more pins in that theater room.

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Rob - you could fit a whole bunch more pins in that theater room.

Yeah, that thought has never come up before.

Honestly, never even considered it. I get way too much enjoyment and use out of my theater to ever give it up. In fact, if I ever had to choose between pins and the theater, it would be the theater that would stay.

I feel very lucky that that isn't a decision I have to make. At least not yet.

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

That's not a Home Theater.
    This is a home theater:

pfft. wimp.

home_theater.jpghome_theater.jpg

#118 11 years ago

"All of those speakers are in desperate need of toppers and LED backlit tweeters and cones" is the proper pinside minded response to this

#119 11 years ago

That's the problem when you get into comparing dick size, there's always one bigger out there.

#120 11 years ago

dear me... i think it's best i refrain from commenting on that picture...

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's the problem when you get into comparing dick size, there's always one bigger out there.

Although, your pindick size is pretty large...

#122 11 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Although, your pindick size is pretty large...

Thanks man. I'm pretty proud of it myself.

#123 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Not sure why so many are saying that they'd rather have a sports car than pins. Been there, done that. I get way more use and enjoyment out of my pins than I did from my sports cars (that were driven pretty much only on weekends).

But the pins will not get you laid.

#124 11 years ago

RobT Said:
    Not sure why so many are saying that they'd rather have a sports car than pins. Been there, done that. I get way more use and enjoyment out of my pins than I did from my sports cars (that were driven pretty much only on weekends).

To each their own. I drive my cars as much as possible. Keeping the miles low is like not having sex with a GF or wife to make her more appealing for her next boyfriend.

#125 11 years ago

But the pins will not get you laid.

I have MM.

To each their own. I drive my cars as much as possible. Keeping the miles low is like not having sex with a GF or wife to make her more appealing for her next boyfriend.

I think part of it is the fact that I've had sports cars all my life, ever since high school ('69 Camaro). Probably just got to the point where I had my fill. Don't get me wrong, I will always love sports cars, and I already miss my Porsche Spyder, but when you factor in the amount of use that it was getting with the costs associated with maintaining it, it just isn't worth it compared to what I can do with pins for less money.

Spyder6.jpgSpyder6.jpg

#126 11 years ago

Cool my Boxster has been the most reliable car I have ever owned...I'm graduating to a Cayanne but I occasiionally get a panic attack going from a 2 seater to a an SUV.

#127 11 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Cool my Boxster has been the most reliable car I have ever owned...I'm graduating to a Cayanne but I occasiionally get a panic attack going from a 2 seater to a an SUV.

i would opine that you are regressing to a cayenne....

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-games-are-grossly-overpriced-now/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.