Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
20151112_142455.jpg
20151112_142458.jpg
20151112_142448.jpg
20151112_142414.jpg
20151112_142411.jpg
20151112_200027.jpg
20151112_142401.jpg

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

I just picked up a DE Batman With the nicest Playfield I've ever seen. I know I overpaid especially with some of the issues it's having. However I've never seen one with the right outline and Flugelheim as nice as this one. It got me to thinking, what game would you overpay for to find one in nice condition?

20151112_142401.jpg

20151112_200027.jpg

20151112_142411.jpg

20151112_142414.jpg

20151112_142448.jpg

20151112_142458.jpg

20151112_142455.jpg

#2 4 years ago

The next one...

#3 4 years ago

Any game I'd consider a "Grail" pin and would never sell. Twilight Zone comes first to mind but there's a long list.

#4 4 years ago

It was scared stiff for me

#6 4 years ago

Williams Wonderland

#7 4 years ago

TX-Sector jesus christ. That game took 2 months to sell for $1300 2 years ago, by the time I find one nearby it's going to have doubled in price.

#9 4 years ago

Probably a Zaccaria Robot since it's next to impossible to find; your pickup would be the runner up though.

I would be so hardset to play that Batman because of the delicacy of that playfield

#10 4 years ago

Transporter the rescue

#11 4 years ago

There's an $800 Big Guns in NJ. Are you sure you're willing to overpay for this? How much can uShip be?

#12 4 years ago

I would over pay for 2 games. First is a 1970 El Toro which is the first game I owned, and a DE Tommy that I won at the 94 AMOA show. It would have to be the same games, and not just any El Toro/Tommy.

#13 4 years ago

I overpaid for LOTR. Had it for 2 years. Such a good pin though. Can't really overpay.

#14 4 years ago

I forgot about AIW & Oooo dear how I overpaid for that

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

There's an $800 Big Guns in NJ. Are you sure you're willing to overpay for this? How much can uShip be?

It's gotta be nice as hell. Not ready to buy one yet. Plus I'm waiting to see if I can eventually get the exact one I played growing up. But if I find one that's mint before then, I'm all over it.

#16 4 years ago

Any game that I see at a show that's a nice example. If it's right in front of me and I have money and a vehicle, I might overpay for the convenience of being able to load it up and take it home on the spot.

#18 4 years ago

I've probably overpaid for all of mine. That's the bad news. The good news is that I've enjoyed the hell out of them and the value of most of them has gone up.

#19 4 years ago

Overpaying isnt really overpaying if its something you want and dont plan to sell .. Plus condition is king , its only a nice original once.

#20 4 years ago

HUO monster bash...at a great price

#21 4 years ago

I would overpay for Monster Bash. No wait. I already did. No regrets. Wanted it really, really bad.

#22 4 years ago

Already did. Cftbl. But would do again for nice tz.

#23 4 years ago

my cradle to the grave.

#24 4 years ago

I know one day ill overpay for Whirlwind.

#25 4 years ago

My most recent pickup was an IJ and I overpaid some considering it's condition. But it had a nice playfield and the rest can be relatively easily fixed. I plan on keeping it.

#26 4 years ago

I'd overpay for almost any game I want that's in nice condition (like your Batman). I'm not really too concerned about any issues with a game, I know I can fix them.

It's all about condition for me.

#27 4 years ago

There are a few Gottlieb EMs that I would pay a little extra for

#28 4 years ago

A nice Bad Cats

#29 4 years ago

If it's local, rarely pops up and it's high on my want list then I have no problem paying a bit over market rate to get first dibs. Did it for my first pin RBION and I have zero regrets. As long as I get a year plus of enjoyment I have no problem selling for a loss and repeating the cycle

#30 4 years ago

Game I wouldn't mind over paying for if I could actually find it: Mr. Black

Game I'll probably grudgingly end up over paying for eventually: Scared Stiff

#31 4 years ago

I overpaid for my bsd because I wasn't patient. I'd overpay for another in crazy nice shape if I get a chance

#32 4 years ago

T2......and I have done it twice!

#33 4 years ago

It already happened. I overpaid for my eatpm cause I just had to have it, but in the long run I have no regrets.

#34 4 years ago

Safecracker!

#35 4 years ago
#36 4 years ago

Games I would (slightly...) over pay:
- Bally Balls-a-Poppin (1956)
- Elbos Genesis (NOT the Gottlieb) http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5179. I missed one last year.
- A nice Zaccaria Locomotion or Magic Castle

#37 4 years ago

I would gladly overpay for a really nice HUO or restored Future Spa.
Thankfully that would only set me back a couple of hundred more than a standard fully-functioning one.
(Seriously though... Hit me up if you've got one! )

#38 4 years ago

I'd probably overpay for a mint Frontier or Harlem Globetrotters.

#39 4 years ago

T2, with everything it came with I probably paid the guy the above the going rate + the mods etc on it. However I've easily put an additional $600 or so of parts into it since getting it (pinsound, mirror blades, more mods etc) which I know I won't recover. But it was my grail pin.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I would gladly overpay for a really nice HUO or restored Future Spa.
Thankfully that would only set me back a couple of hundred more than a standard fully-functioning one.
(Seriously though... Hit me up if you've got one! )

Nimble is looooooving the Spa from the Future!!

rd

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

#42 4 years ago

would give up my ToM plus cash for the right Addams Family

#44 4 years ago

Robowar and TX Sector

#46 4 years ago

Nice examples of Medusa,Skateball or an EM night rider .

#47 4 years ago

I don't think I have any "Grail" games left. I'll happily pay what a game is worth, but I won't go nuts over paying just to get that exact copy of it.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

There are a few Gottlieb EMs that I would pay a little extra for

I've already done this (Atlantis & C37), but more than happy now that I have them. Two pins that will never leave my game room.

The good thing is that 'over paying' for an EM is usually only up to $400 though compared to thousands for DMDs.

#50 4 years ago

GoT premium. Man our dollar is low and new games are expensive. I sold off my other pins, slot machine, Gumball machine, and NES game collection.

But this is a dream theme for me and I don't want to wait for years to find a used one.

I have friends who think I'm crazy, but I'd never buy a boat, atv, or motorcycle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 299.00
Machine - For Sale
Morrisville, PA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside