(Topic ID: 156484)

What game would you NOT take even if it were given to you??

By Animal

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by EricHadley
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

28499e92df5aea1e3f782ae96f1462b1c6a07e86_(resized).jpg
8bfcef531bf2ea5ae47fab57ccf273d70e2f4d10_(resized).jpg
1f82d1fbaa2daf8ced6dbdc928ce51924f67d9fe_(resized).jpg
Magnificent_Marble_Machine_(resized).jpg
DSCN4314_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
darling_(resized).jpg
HS_pool_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
Williams_Disco_Fever_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-04-02_at_7.07.57_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago

Shaq Attack.

But I'd still take it, burn it, and love doing it.

#102 8 years ago

Street Fighter 2 is just a horrid horrid game!

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I can tell you haven't played El Toro..

Had one here for 2 years for a mate, not a great game but I'd still take it if it was in perfect working order and free.

#105 8 years ago

If it was in a war zone "pick up only" might be a little tough.
If it was at a nuclear power plant I have to pay someone to get it so that's not free
Bottom of the ocean forget it.
I would have to take anything else I think.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I can tell you haven't played El Toro..

I played it last night. I'm the guy losing 8 to 4 on ball one. But I love this game! And I paid for it.

DSCN4314_(resized).JPGDSCN4314_(resized).JPG

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I paid for it.

Sucker. These guys are offering to give you one.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sucker. These guys are offering to give you one.

They want to give me the Bally one. No thanks! It took $5 from me and cost me my Schwinn Stingray that got jacked out front of the pizza joint while I played it in 1972. It wasn't a bad game because I kept dropping quarters in it, but the Williams one is much better.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Go sit in the corner and think about what you just said.

Ok I did. I come up with this, frickin gay!

#110 8 years ago

I'd take any game, if I'd never had it before.

Of the games I've had Aerobatics will never get back through my doors, even if paid, let alone for free. A waste of wood.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Hercules... For the win!

"For the lose!" in this case...

Every time I see one of these on location, I think, man there could be 3 or 4 good games in that spot I could enjoy. One was recently put on location locally where I used to play, other games like LOTR were moved out to make space. I refuse to go back until they remove that monstrosity.

#113 8 years ago

Tron for sure followed by WWE Wrestlemania.

#114 8 years ago

Stern Playboy

#115 8 years ago

It's amazing how many people read the thread title but not the initial post and didn't understand the thread.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

"For the lose!" in this case...
Every time I see one of these on location, I think, man there could be 3 or 4 good games in that spot I could enjoy. One was recently put on location locally where I used to play, other games like LOTR were moved out to make space. I refuse to go back until they remove that monstrosity.

I think it might be there for a while....guessing these don't get relocated too often.

#117 8 years ago

Anyone say it yet?

Chicago Coin...Cinema/Hollywood.
Holy Bad!

#118 8 years ago

I would take litterally any normal game if somebody gave it to me. People who are saying they wouldn't take games that are worth 1000's of dollars if given to them are either full of crap or just plain crazy!

The only ones I wouldn't take are the home model games. I'd have a hard time taking one of those even if somebody payed me.

#119 8 years ago

Any Gottlieb system 1 or Chicago Coin EM. I passed on many free offers of both systems BITD and don't regret it.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I would take litterally any normal game if somebody gave it to me. People who are saying they wouldn't take games that are worth 1000's of dollars if given to them are either full of crap or just plain crazy!

The question isnt about the money!!! Its about gameplay, theme, music, art. Its about thinking, there is NO WAY I want THAT pin in my house!!!

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Its about gameplay, theme, music, art. Its about thinking, there is NO WAY I want THAT pin in my house!!!

Then pretty much every game from the last 10 years.

#122 8 years ago

Why turn down a game that's free and in good condition? Well, if I HAD to pick, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned this game, but Pioneer. I couldn't even bring myself to finish Ball 2 it was so boring.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Why turn down a game that's free and in good condition?

Because you have to move it and look at it and it takes up valuable space where better ones can go.

#125 8 years ago

This one... cause I wouldn't have anywhere to put it.

Magnificent_Marble_Machine_(resized).jpgMagnificent_Marble_Machine_(resized).jpg

#126 8 years ago

Stargate & Avatar

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I played it last night. I'm the guy losing 8 to 4 on ball one. But I love this game! And I paid for it.

DSCN4314_(resized).JPG

There are no images of this game in the archive, except the backglass. Please rectify this situation.

#128 8 years ago

Hercules as no way I could get it into my house. No Playboy or very adult sexually explicit themed pins. Not because I'm a prude, but with our own children and several other that visit often it just something for me. No judging her of others who might disagree, just less hassle and for other reasons the way it is at our house. Really, really boring and in ultra poor shape ones I'd probably especially if they happened to be ultra hefty as well. Pokerino comes to mind as a boring and ultra hefty, ultra wide body, and very slow pin.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

There are no images of this game in the archive, except the backglass. Please rectify this situation.

As you wish! Two inch flippers, four pop bumpers, two drop targets that are a mother to hit, a rotating drum that is a death shot, and some pretty decent artwork. Another brutal Steve Kordek masterpiece from 1963. Cost me $400.

1f82d1fbaa2daf8ced6dbdc928ce51924f67d9fe_(resized).jpg1f82d1fbaa2daf8ced6dbdc928ce51924f67d9fe_(resized).jpg
8bfcef531bf2ea5ae47fab57ccf273d70e2f4d10_(resized).jpg8bfcef531bf2ea5ae47fab57ccf273d70e2f4d10_(resized).jpg
28499e92df5aea1e3f782ae96f1462b1c6a07e86_(resized).jpg28499e92df5aea1e3f782ae96f1462b1c6a07e86_(resized).jpg

#130 8 years ago

Wouldn't want a gottlieb strikes and spares. Not really a pin game, boring boring boring. 2 DMD to keep going/repair. No thanks. Also that bugs bunny birthday pinball. Yikes is that some ugly pinball.

#131 8 years ago

I'd still take any working game even if the person said you could not resale it. It would be worth the effort to give it to someone trying to get into pinball or a youth group, church, you name it. No pinball is that bad.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Two inch flippers, four pop bumpers, two drop targets that are a mother to hit, a rotating drum that is a death shot, and some pretty decent artwork

That doesn't look so bad! If somebody has a decent one of these and you can't get anybody to take it for free, PM me.

#133 8 years ago

I would have bought it for free.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As you wish! Two inch flippers, four pop bumpers, two drop targets that are a mother to hit, a rotating drum that is a death shot, and some pretty decent artwork. Another brutal Steve Kordek masterpiece from 1963. Cost me $400.
1f82d1fbaa2daf8ced6dbdc928ce51924f67d9fe_(resized).jpg
8bfcef531bf2ea5ae47fab57ccf273d70e2f4d10_(resized).jpg
28499e92df5aea1e3f782ae96f1462b1c6a07e86_(resized).jpg

Wrong El Toro everyone. The Williams one looks cool actually.

Check out the Bally version, and you will understand.
7 rollovers, one shot on the left and right, the end.

#135 8 years ago

I'll take any working game that anybody else doesn't want.

1 week later
#136 8 years ago

I was talking about Bally's El Toro. Awful. Extra ball is indeed a penalty......

#137 8 years ago

Street Fighter 2 would be my pick as well.

Only time I ever played it was at Pinballz in Austin and even though it cost tokens, had to force myself to finish all 3 balls.

#138 8 years ago

Thinking about valuable space I would probably turn down all EM's, Star Wars Episode 1, Revenge from Mars and any virtual pinball machine.

Oh and unlike CF I would take a free WOZ. (So I could turn it into a coffee table-I keed I keed)

#139 8 years ago

Thinking about valuable space I would probably turn down all DMDs, Star Wars Episode 1, Revenge from Mars and any virtual pinball machine.

3 weeks later
#140 7 years ago

I found a $100 on the ground ripped in half I was out looking for twenties. So not my cup of tea... I suppose I could fix it with tape and use as intended. Nah I'll pass on money for personal reasons.

You guys make me laugh seriously

I hate money it has ugly art IMHO

#141 7 years ago

King Kong

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 24.50
13,000 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-would-you-not-take-even-if-it-were-given-to-you/page/3?hl=hatmoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.