2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ultimategameroom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7897_Boar_Kill (resized).jpg
    GO4 (resized).jpg
    711kvMfXj3L._SX355_ (resized).jpg
    ezvs5 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I see all these recommendation threads about what game to buy. Just curious what game I will like? Can you help? I want to make sure I like my next game so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me which one fits me.

Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Pick a random number between 1 and 100.

Then visit this page: https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

#3 2 years ago

Gotta be Vacation America... it's a game everyone would love

(In case it's not obvious... that was a sarcastic response to what I thought was a sarcastic question.)

#4 2 years ago

A lot of people don't have access to a lot of different pins to try. So they are trying to gain insight of what others think. To help them decide.

And like any critic. Find one with similar tastes to yours. If he likes pin A, pin B, and pin C. And you like pin A and pin B, then you'd probably like pin C too.

With the cost of games these days. All the research you can do is important.

LTG : )

#5 2 years ago

I would suggest Stern Stars. It's hard to find but worth the search.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would suggest Stern Stars. It's hard to find but worth the search.

I've had that one. I did like it - SS with chimes baby!

#7 2 years ago

You'd like EMs!

#8 2 years ago

Possibly one of these 2

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Pick a random number between 1 and 100.
    Then visit this page: https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

56...aaaaaand World Cup Soccer is the game for you.

#10 2 years ago

I've heard good things about the new game from Vonnie D Pinball. You should try that.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I've heard good things about the new game from Vonnie D Pinball. You should try that.

ezvs5 (resized).jpg

#12 2 years ago

You'd probably like that game I played at that expo once. It had pop bumpers and a skill shot. Really fun game, you should check it out.

#13 2 years ago

To back up the person who asks this sort of question...of course nobody can know for sure what a person will like but many people (myself included) had little to no access to pins to really try out stuff. My first pins especially were based 100% on recommendations and I found them very helpful. Now that I've been doing this a while I've had a chance to play a lot more pins and have developed a sense of what I prefer so I don't have to rely on blind recommendations I once did.

So, as a community I think when someone asks these questions they are simply trying to gather some intel to hopefully make a large purchase they will enjoy. Great thing about this hobby is that if they don't enjoy they can simply sell and try something else so there is never a huge risk with buying a pin. At least that has been my experience.

#14 2 years ago

The Shadow. I've never been more certain of anything in my life. Or maybe The Hobbit.

#15 2 years ago

Fattdirk,

I see you have Tron and Transformers on your Wishlist. Just get one of those.

Looks like you only have had 1 e-m machine. Perhaps get a good Gottlieb e-m from the 70's, or check out the Pinside Top 100 e-m list to help you decide.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Fattdirk,
    I see you have Tron and Transformers on your Wishlist. Just get one of those.
    Looks like you only have had 1 e-m machine. Perhaps get a good Gottlieb e-m from the 70's, or check out the Pinside Top 100 e-m list to help you decide.

What's the best EM? I'm going more for playability than collectability if that makes sense.

#17 2 years ago

I would say that the best one for you is the one Me or My buddy has to sale

#18 2 years ago

711kvMfXj3L._SX355_ (resized).jpg

#19 2 years ago

Jubilee

#20 2 years ago

Firepower - 100%

#21 2 years ago

If you already have 5 LEs, then you need more LEs
    Obviously you are a CEO of a fortune 500 business and date supermodels. Driving your Gold plated custom Rolls Royce to the "club" is not the joy it once was

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

I want to make sure I like my next game so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me which one fits me.

If you cant find any games you like ,maybe switch to a new hobby.

Maybe work with clay...............................I'm sure you can make it fit.

#23 2 years ago

I don't think you will like any of them. Best to look elsewhere.

#24 2 years ago

You're going to love whatever game it is I'm trying to sell at the moment. Trust me.

SR

#25 2 years ago

There are a lot of generally-liked titles but there's really no telling if you'll like them yourself. Best to look around at shows to get an idea of titles you like, and even that specific machine may be for sale for you to bring home! Convenient, isn't it?

#26 2 years ago

Gang of Four for sure. Super addictive and the #1 game is Asia played fast & furious on the streets.

GO4 (resized).jpg

#27 2 years ago

It is possible you will like wild boar. That's some tasty game right there.

7897_Boar_Kill (resized).jpg

#28 2 years ago

Houdini by jpop
    Or predator ....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 59.00
    $ 29.95
    $ 24.50
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside