(Topic ID: 286753)

What game utilizes the action button the best?

By mrossman5

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I’m curious to see what game uses the action button the most when it comes to rules and actions throughout the game. Personally, Game of Thrones comes to mind as each house has a different power during the game. What game do you think uses the action button the most?

#2 3 years ago

The Hobbit by far. with all the different modes for the action button.
    And with that i mean, don't press before it reaches a certain point. and all that stuff.

#3 3 years ago

GoT uses it well for sure. I also like Star Trek's use to fire the photon torpedoes. The "bomb" type use in some games (DP Boom, GOTG Hadron, etc) is good, but I like how ST uses it in a more specific and thematic way. The add-a-ball use in Star Wars is pretty good. The tie fighter kill/pizza eating though...clever I guess but I'm not a huge fan. Good risk/reward at least. The new "swipe a ball" in Stranger Things sounds awesome, but unfortunately I only have the pro so can't use that feature. I love it for BK:SoR magnasave...if only the magnasave itself worked as well as the games from the '80s... :/

Any game that uses it for a mode select is nice...better than hitting both flipper buttons on the older games.

#4 3 years ago

JJP POTC is good too with using it to fire the canon to sink the Dauntless, cycling through rewards and collecting gold.

#5 3 years ago

AC/DC has great implementation

#6 3 years ago

Good question. I'd say Hobbit uses it very well to delay modes or locks, and to gather ring charges for points as switches get hit (depending on the color the button is depends on what you're using it for).

Also Batman does a great job. Use it to change the channel and to use gadgets you've collected. Very important feature.

#7 3 years ago

SW best for me but I still haven't played Hobbit a lot.

#8 3 years ago

SW and PotC. Constant bashing, all meaningful, multiple uses

#10 3 years ago

My top 3:

SW is #1 and it’s not close

GOT is #2 and got a lot better with the last update.

Hobbit is #3

#11 3 years ago

The ones that don't actually have an action button.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

The ones that don't actually have an action button.

Arggfhhhh buttons on a pinball machine!!!11!!

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Arggfhhhh buttons on a pinball machine!!!11!!

More about the placement of said buttons.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

More about the placement of said buttons.

For things like magna save? Yes, terrible placement. But I am fine with it in most other cases.

#15 3 years ago

I understand putting the magna save there to make it harder but it just doesn't work....not with the speed of modern Sterns.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-utilizes-the-action-button-the-best and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.