Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CCary
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What game would you like to see at a pinball show?”

• Black Knight 5 votes
      15%
    • Lord of the Rings 11 votes
      33%
    • Black Knight 2000 12 votes
      36%
    • Monopoly 5 votes
      15%

(33 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

If you were going to a pinball show, which in the list would you want there, and why?

Just trying to see what I should take to the next show I go to. Not sure if I will make York, but if I do, it's nice to know what people would enjoy

Chris

#2 10 years ago

LOTR....haven't played it as much as the others.

#3 10 years ago

Whatever is your best/ most reliable player.

Aside form that BK2K as it is a great game to play in a group!

#4 10 years ago

I would like LOTR also, I have not had a chance to play one yet, and I will be attending the show!

#5 10 years ago

Whatever games you bring there will be another one there, the one you leave at home will be the one you should have brought.
    If you bring BK2K don't crank it up, yeah it's got the hot riffs but it is nice to be able to also hear the other games around it.
    LotR is a favorite so there can't be too many of those.

#6 10 years ago

What is the condition of each of those 4 pins?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

What is the condition of each of those 4 pins?

All are decent, and working. Black Knight sometimes has some reset issues, so I am leaning against that one. BK2K works pretty well. It was at the Allentown show 2 years ago and did pretty well. Occasionally has a logic issue that kicks the kickback when the Magna Save is pressed. Never was able to figure it out.

LOTR was at the Allentown show 2 years ago as well. I bought it there and set it up. At the time it had some issues, but Since buying it I stripped the playfield, cleaned everything, corrected the issues, and it is in far nicer shape now. It also has the speaker lights and rings. It is probably the nicest of the 4 machines.

Just finishing up Monopoly now, and it is looking great (in my opinion). Will be sure to test to make sure everything is working 100%

All have strong flippers.

Thanks,
    Chris

#8 10 years ago

Hey,

I would take BK or BK2K. I'll say I'm not a huge fan of Black Knight, but it's one of those "respect your elders" kind of games. I haven't played BK2K, but know it plays fast. I'd shy away from LotR. It's a great game, but due to game times, not nearly as many people are going to be able to get to try it as they would if you brought the others. I don't know enough about Monopoly to comment on it.

Luke

#9 10 years ago

BK2k Because I loved playing it 20 years ago in college but have not had a chance since then. However I love LOTR and would not mind playing that one either...only issue is last year at the show their was a four player LOTR game going on and me and my son wanted to play it and ended up waiting 45 minutes for the 4 player game to be done...

#10 10 years ago

Lotr

But take bk2k as long as you crank the volume to drain out the other games

4 months later
    #11 10 years ago

UPdateing this a bit since the lineup has changed.

I can't change the poll
    Monopoly is sold and the other one won't be done before the Allentown show, so that is out.

Looks like the choices will be:

Black Knight 2000 - a players machine in playable and presentable condition, but not collector quality
    Lord of the Rings - nice routed example, playing 100%
    Airborne - the one I am working on now. - got permission from the owner to bring it to the show if done.

I am leaning toward Airborne because you don't see them often and many have NEVER seen one.

Thoughts?

#12 10 years ago

I would take the one you don't mind getting potentially damaged. I've seen some rough players who will nudge a machine into the next room if allowed. If none of your machines fall into that category, then take the one with the most readily available parts in case something gets broken, ie, a plastic or toy. Just my opinion.

#13 10 years ago

Well, that is always a concern, but honestly, in the 9 years I have taken machines I have not had an issue.

I do tend to hang near them, but for the most part, people are respectful in my findings.

I will certainly keep that in mind though.

Chris

#14 10 years ago

Definitely Airborne in my opinion for same reason as you said. You just don't see them that often at shows or anywhere for that matter and a great game to boot. Wanna sell it?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-to-take-to-the-show-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.