(Topic ID: 211924)

What game to install my first ColorDMD (LED) in? MET CFTBL GNR ?

By ScottinSGFNY

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Spencer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Put the ColorDMD LED version in”

• Metallica LE 21 votes
      57%
    • Guns and Roses 2 votes
      5%
    • Creature from the Black Lagoon 14 votes
      38%

(37 votes)

#1 6 years ago

So last minute impulse purchase last night before the infamous 20% eBay coupon expired I bought a ColorDMD LED VERSION.

So which game or the following would be the best to put it in?

They are all keeper games mostly looking to see which game would look the best with the LED version.

It's my first ColorDMD.

#2 6 years ago

while there is no "wrong" choice, my decision would be your MET LE (I own a CftBL as well and both have them), but I think that you'd get the most bang for your buck in the metallica. there are so many great animations that just pop that much more with color

#3 6 years ago

Id put the led in gnr or creature since the LCD looks better in met.

#4 6 years ago

Not sure what package you bought on Ebay, but I think each of those will need different wiring.

#5 6 years ago

WOW - getting close between MET & CFTBL - looks like GNR might be out of the race.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Not sure what package you bought on Ebay, but I think each of those will need different wiring.

It said it's for T2 - was the only one on Ebay - so I would assume its ready to go for CFTBL, MET looks like an extra $20 cable kit.

#7 6 years ago

Color dots on met are amazing that’s my vote! But why choose do one for a month or two and switch it to the other.

#8 6 years ago

MET pulling ahead now. Was a close race for a while

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

MET pulling ahead now. Was a close race for a while

There was a loaded MET Premium at Louisville with a ColorDMD LCD on it, it really took the game to another level!!! Beautiful!!!

#10 6 years ago

If I had to choose with my collection, it would be Metallica. (Actually, it would be Ghostbusters, but.... ) If these were not so expensive, Id buy them for all my games, they look amazing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-to-install-my-first-colordmd-led-in-met-cftbl-gnr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.