24%
  • Avengers prem 57 votes
    36%
  • GnR standard 46 votes
    29%
  • Other 17 votes
    11%

(158 votes)

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Hey all I just sold my GoTG , and am looking to sink money into a new game.(BNIB)

Sorta narrowed it down to.

DP pro (6k) (can’t find any prem )
#Tmnt pro (6k)
GnR standard (6.75k)
Avengers prem (7.5k)
Values in us dollars

That being said I haven’t particularly played any of these a lot but I have a line NIb? What would you buy and why?

#2 3 years ago

There are just many of these polls. I’d pass on GNR just due to the playfield issues.

You have played the other two. What did you think?

You said you can’t find a DP so it looks like, by default, AIQ given the GNR playfield issues.

#3 3 years ago

I can’t find a premium DP, I can buy a pro, leaning that way. I haven’t played infinity prem because it’s not on location yet but it looks really good.

#4 3 years ago

Don’t buy anything without playing. At least get a few games in on any potential pin you’re interested in buying

#5 3 years ago

Like Coz said . But if your nature is to complain you could buy Avengers and post first "
" wheres the code " thread as a preemptive strike ; )

Always try before you buy ! Shane

#6 3 years ago

Lol I bought gotg very early on , it was terrible code and ended up amazing..

DP seems very good but there isn’t one on location they are too popular!

#7 3 years ago

How soon do you want it? I know there is quite a wait for the GnR LE, not sure about the SE. I heard Stern has a backlog as well.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

How soon do you want it? I know there is quite a wait for the GnR LE, not sure about the SE. I heard Stern has a backlog as well.

I’ve got a line on one of the last pros DP, can get it in the next two weeks. GnR I’m not sure. I think I’ll go dp at this point , it’s a highly touted game maybe one of sterns best and I’ll just resell if don’t enjoy it.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

I’ve got a line on one of the last pros DP, can get it in the next two weeks. GnR I’m not sure. I think I’ll go dp at this point , it’s a highly touted game maybe one of sterns best and I’ll just resell if don’t enjoy it.

DP Is a great choice, especially with the latest software update. You can always get a GnR or AIQ later. they will be making them for years' to come.

#10 3 years ago

I personally wouldn't buy any of them until the manufacturers' get their play field issues worked out. If people keep throwing money at them, they won't have any motivation to fix the issues.

But that's just me.....

If you're dead set on buying something, I'd recommend you play them before you make a purchase.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

I can’t find a premium DP, I can buy a pro, leaning that way. I haven’t played infinity prem because it’s not on location yet but it looks really good.

I had a DP LE and it's fun but got old in a few months. 5 modes, 3 of which you play A LOT. Then "stage 2" versions of those modes. It wore on me.

Seems like GNR has issues and plus if you order now, you'll get it in time for Christmas 2021.

#12 3 years ago

Going from Guardians to GNR will blow your mind. The other pins are good choices, but won’t blow your mind as much. Also, JJP games are more complex, so prepare to do more maintenance and tweaking on GNR. If that’s not your bag, go for one of the other 2.

#13 3 years ago

I would advise DP pro. Greatness right now.
Av:IQ pro as a second option.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I had a DP LE and it's fun but got old in a few months. 5 modes, 3 of which you play A LOT. Then "stage 2" versions of those modes. It wore on me.

With teamups, health bars, switch hits, booms, and choice to select your battle/quest; the shots and modes are slightly different almost every time you play the game whereas other pins are the same sequence. Add in weapons, mech suit, disco loops, disco multiball, berserker rage, katana Rama, sauron, ninjapocalypse (which means something now in the update), and more. Plus, most of this is all stackable now in the new code where before you could get locked out of modes.

The only thing that stinks with Deadpool now is they changed the music to disco multiball which used to be the coolest side mode in pinball history, not so much anymore.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The other pins are good choices, but won’t blow your mind as much.

Why cause of a fancy lightshow? Both DP and AIQ are better playing pins. If fancy lights and fat Axel are ur bag then GnR if u want fast flow fun AIQ and I would say as of now DP is ur best chioce.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why cause of a fancy lightshow? Both DP and AIQ are better playing pins. If fancy lights and fat Axel are ur bag then GnR if u want fast flow fun AIQ and I would say as of now DP is ur best chioce.

GNR SE has a lot more flow than you think, it’s what surprised me most about the pin. No argument that AIQ is probably a better shooter but GnR is no slouch in that department. 21 songs gives the pin a ton of variety, not to mention all the other modes in between. GnR is a much better presentation than AIQ all around, especially in terms of light show and music, that matters a lot.

OP I would also throw IMDN pro and Star Wars premium into the mix. I’d personally rather have either of those than DP or AIQ

#17 3 years ago

DP

No question for me with the waits, pricing, etc outlined.

Also, I think it is the best playing of the 3 choices...

though a Premium Avengers could one day pass it.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The overall package of a JJP pin far outweighs that of most Stern pins. If you played all 3 pins with no sound, lights, art, etc...basically white wood experience; yea I’d pick AIQ all day. But, going from a JJP to a stern is such on another level of pinball, not just the playing experience.

AIQ suffers from early code syndrome and DP PRO suffers compared to its premium counterpart. I can live without drops on a lot of games, this is not one of them. I can live with stripped out features on pros, this is not one of them. So by that there, those 2 games won’t blow your mind compared to what the OP had with guardians, but while GNR would because it’s standard is a much more total package than those other two with how they stand now.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

DP
No question for me with the waits, pricing, etc outlined.
Also, I think it is the best playing of the 3 choices...
though a Premium Avengers could one day pass it.

I’m thinking sorta along same lines... the AiQ prem seems like a lot more toys and ramps but DP more safer choice!

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

DP Is a great choice, especially with the latest software update. You can always get a GnR or AIQ later. they will be making them for years' to come.

This is a great option. Buy Deadpool now. Have fun. Sell it later for something else.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The overall package of a JJP pin far outweighs that of most Stern pins. If you played all 3 pins with no sound, lights, art, etc...basically white wood experience; yea I’d pick AIQ all day. But, going from a JJP to a stern is such on another level of pinball, not just the playing experience.

For you ok and thats a good thing. I played GnR and the lights couldn't save the gameplay for my taste anyway. AIQ and DP play much more to my liking and that will always trump lights and art and animations.

#22 3 years ago

You could probably find a Wonka standard... for me its the only JJP game I have played that was fun to shoot.

GNR gets a big meh.

#23 3 years ago

Thanks for the info peeps

#24 3 years ago

Nice.

Friend just took delivery of a DP Pro about 3-4 weeks ago. He's been glued to it. And rightly so. Fun game.

#25 3 years ago

I’ve had a DP Pro alongside a Metallica Pro and WCS94. DP easily gets the most play.

#26 3 years ago

All good choices.

Check out Hot Wheels. Really fun game.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Don’t buy anything without playing. At least get a few games in on any potential pin you’re interested in buying

This! It is 100% accurate. Don't buy before playing. And obviously in these days of ... stuff going on with the world (ahem)... it is harder to get out and find games to play. But still, try. Machines now fall into two categories, those I like, and those I don't like. I haven't found a single other person in the world that can predict where a game will fit on that continuum for me. Hell, even I've made mistakes about games I've played, but I hadn't played them enough before buying.

#28 3 years ago

Gonna play some more GnR tmrw on location before I decide.. won’t be able to play any dp, been sold out forever and hard to find in the covid landscape..

AiQ prem is looking really good too, newer code will keep improving I’m sure , gotg code was awful early on as well.

Dp- 6k
GnR- 6.75
AiQ prem 7.8

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Dp- 6k
GnR- 6.75
AiQ prem 7.8

Now I'm changing my vote and leaning toward DP Pro...you'll get so much fun right out of the box, and for the least green

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Now I'm changing my vote and leaning toward DP Pro...you'll get so much fun right out of the box, and for the least green

Yup those are the Us$ basically price points. Always nice to save up for a second.. still seeking an mmrle one day..

#31 3 years ago

DP is a great game...went on my wishlist as soon as I played it on location

#32 3 years ago

I would go DP route. It’s been out and has been very well received. For me what’s the rush on the newer offerings anyway. They’ll be there when you want to swap out down the road if you go that route.

#33 3 years ago

PINBALLS.COM has 1 DP premium left. Make him a offer...

#34 3 years ago

Deadpool would be a good idea for now. Code is already one of the best in pinball. The others have code maybe even as good, it just isn't done yet.

#35 3 years ago

Avengers only because of premium.If avengers pro vs standard gnr..then gnr.It's modes are awesome.Every bad review on gnr ends with "I picked up a avengers the other day"People want it to win goty just cause and probably haven't played either in a lot of cases but hey if plunge shots are your favorite thing in pinball then stay away I usually don't even care about plunge shot.So buy a avengers come back in a week and tell us how you hate Guns N' Roses and it shouldn't be game of the year whether you played it or not,wearing a stern hat...Avengers premium is great though can't go wrong with all 3 just a lot of shots and hey if you feel you missed on Guns throw some pinstadiums on there and play appetite in the background since some people act like it doesn't shoot very well or come with anything other than lights.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

So buy a avengers come back in a week and tell us how you hate Guns N' Roses and it shouldn't be game of the year whether you played it or not,wearing a stern hat...Avengers premium is great though can't go wrong with all 3 just a lot of shots and hey if you feel you missed on Guns throw some pinstadiums on there and play appetite in the background since some people act like it doesn't shoot very well or come with anything other than lights.

Pretty sure u have conjured this up all in ur mind. Preferring AIQ doesn't mean u hate GnR. Thinking GnR doesn't shoot well is personal preference. Game of the year and bad reviews mean exactly that of a giant pile of steaming horseshit. Here's a general question.
Why is so important to have a game u like be loved by everyone else and possibly achieve that very unimportant stature of GOTY?
Definitely more important to the JJP fans that Sterns.

#37 3 years ago

Nope nice try I expected a reaction I got it.Also won a bet with a fellow pinhead at work.I own both s(stern jjp)but your agenda kept you here all night reacting,get some sleep!stern isn't paying you(are they?) nm I'll shhh.I'm at work oddly and bored (slow night) you my friend oddly comment after every middle ground conversation not directed toward you at all.sterns are great but so is jjp.Love Elvira should have won goty in my eyes.Nordman is my favorite designer I unfortunately haft to wait on deep root to uh....do whatever they do but I'm patient guess I haft to be.Love your user photo though makes me intimidated.The Canadian thing not as much.I gotta go I'm not going to get on here for about a week or so because I have a life and won't be commenting on anything for a week.see you in a week and thanks for getting me a free soda at work.I am ashamed that I lost half betting you were going to look up my profile like a crazy person though...be honest did you?nm I'll check back in a week

#38 3 years ago

Ps Btw love Canada and all but they need stop calling bacon....you know ham just saying it makes no sense.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

.nm I'll check back in a week

You made it a full 7 minutes.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

Ps Btw love Canada and all but they need stop calling bacon....you know ham just saying it makes no sense.

What?

Back Bacon is a separate thing from regular bacon, so Americans need to do some more research before they make foolish comments.

Quoted from Kyleman:

Nope nice try I expected a reaction I got it.Also won a bet with a fellow pinhead at work.I own both s(stern jjp)but your agenda kept you here all night reacting,get some sleep!stern isn't paying you(are they?) nm I'll shhh.I'm at work oddly and bored (slow night) you my friend oddly comment after every middle ground conversation not directed toward you at all.sterns are great but so is jjp.Love Elvira should have won goty in my eyes.Nordman is my favorite designer I unfortunately haft to wait on deep root to uh....do whatever they do but I'm patient guess I haft to be.Love your user photo though makes me intimidated.The Canadian thing not as much.I gotta go I'm not going to get on here for about a week or so because I have a life and won't be commenting on anything for a week.see you in a week and thanks for getting me a free soda at work.I am ashamed that I lost half betting you were going to look up my profile like a crazy person though...be honest did you?nm I'll check back in a week

Is this directed at me, cause it is spectacularly stupid and has no barring on my comment what so ever. Enjoy ur week off due to ur very busy life at work winning soda's on bets made regarding pinside. Ah a life filled with excitement.

Did that go the way u thought? nope.

#41 3 years ago

I have a DP premium. Love it. The shots are unique and it’s a game you lose yourself in. Best call outs and music. It has that thing.... fun.

Other good pros available are tmnt and jp. Both great. Neither are poor cousins to the premiums. Tmnt is lots of fun, gets a lot of flak but you should try it out too.

#42 3 years ago

I’m usually a value purchaser. DP is a known quantity and most settled game in the market. A used pro can be had for a good deal. The code is mature etc.

Avengers is getting high marks. It’s still new and will cost you top dollar to get in now. More value if you wait 6-12 months.

GNR looks great and it’s also new. The potential playfield issues and delay in manufacturing may be an issue.

Full disclosure here. I have DP pro and am paid up for a GNR LE awaiting my game.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

There are just many of these polls. I’d pass on GNR just due to the playfield issues.
You have played the other two. What did you think?
You said you can’t find a DP so it looks like, by default, AIQ given the GNR playfield issues.

If you're passing on gnr due to playfield issues, then why the hell are you buying the other two? All three have issues. :/

#44 3 years ago

Oof a lot of good information... up here in Canada , getting a dp pro is a little harder especially used.

Shipping from the states etc , never done it before.

JP pro looks kinda cool as well!

#45 3 years ago

I was at p1 last week, good titles on demo, gnr flippers are on weak, so it plays sorta delicate and slow. Was still pretty cool.
Oddly, TMNT played nicer than aiq for me, maybe its setup differently.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

I was at p1 last week, good titles on demo, gnr flippers are on weak, so it plays sorta delicate and slow. Was still pretty cool.
Oddly, TMNT played nicer than aiq for me, maybe its setup differently.

I’m here now and find all three great !! Such a tough decision!

#47 3 years ago

Played Turtles at P1 didn't do anything for me. I ordered AIQ premium and GnR LE.

And while there played Hot Wheels for a long while.

Watched a few videos on the tutorial of the rules then ordered one also. It is a great game.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Hey all I just sold my GoTG , and am looking to sink money into a new game.(BNIB)
Sorta narrowed it down to.
DP pro (6k) (can’t find any prem )
GnR standard (6.75k)
Avengers prem (7.5k)
That being said I haven’t particularly played any of these a lot but I have a line NIb? What would you buy and why?

If those are your prices I would go with GnR Standard. There's a lot more in the game for $750. If you can find a HUO DP Pro in the low $5K range that's probably the safest route to go. Play it for 6 months and sell it for what you paid for it and get one of the other games later.

#49 3 years ago

I had a second go-around on Avengers pro and I have to say I got tired of playing it. I see the flow in it but the ramps on the pro are not satisfying and feel cheap. The only redeeming quality I find in the theme is the gamma-ray hurry up the rest seems very boring.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

I had a second go-around on Avengers pro and I have to say I got tired of playing it. I see the flow in it but the ramps on the pro are not satisfying and feel cheap. The only redeeming quality I find in the theme is the gamma-ray hurry up the rest seems very boring.

I was enjoying tmnt pro and the gnr standard ed more.. but the open layout on AiQ seemed nice but I can see it getting boring

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-to-buy-dp-gnr-avengers/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.