(Topic ID: 6798)

What game should I add?

By hanford29

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pharoh_BG.jpg
    Pharoh_lower_pf.jpg
    Pharoh_upper_pf.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Currently I have WH20 and SW Data East. I would like to add a third this holiday season. Any suggestions for a third that would compliment these games. In an ideal world I would get AFM or Sm. They are both probably out of my price range. A more realistic range is $2000 - $3000. I have never played NGG but from the reviews and videos I have seen, this seems like a nice fit. Any thoughts on this game or any others as a third (and probably final) machine.

#2 12 years ago

lol at "final"

#3 12 years ago

I have a few suggestions.
    I'm not a big fan of NGG....kinda childish with the pop up gophers, great for kids though if you got any.
    Take a look at.
    Red and TED'S Roadshow...GREAT GAME FOR THE $$$
    CFTBL....I love the theme.
    Party Zone....One of my favs.
    Shadow.

#4 12 years ago

Hey,

For the price, or a little less, I would be the second to recommend The Shadow. I bought mine a few months ago and really enjoy it.

Luke

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from hanford29:

as a third (and probably final) machine.

I admire your determination Hanford...
    Let me know how that works out this time next year!!!

How about getting two older pins, (Pinbot? Black Knight?) for the price of one!

#6 12 years ago

I would go for Funhouse in that price range.

#7 12 years ago

FH would be a great addition!
    It would also hold/increase it's value if you ever did decide to sell it down the road.

#8 12 years ago

It depends on what you like. Shadow is great but some don;t like the theme. World Cup Soccer if you're into sports. Fish Tales if you are into the outdoors. Johhny Mnemonic if you like sci fi. They are all great games.

#9 12 years ago

NGG is an excellent choice if you like the theme. It has great flow and is wickedly fast which would contrast nicely to your current pins. Also has the most satisfying shot in pinball. I could go on....

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

lol at "final"

Hey johnny are you still selling star trek?i might be interested and i will be in the houston area sometime next week

#11 12 years ago

RBION is a great and woefully underappreciated Pat Lawlor game that can be had in the low $2K range.

#12 12 years ago

Rock and bullwinkle is a fun theme with great art, should be in that price range

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Rock and bullwinkle is a fun theme with great art, should be in that price range

I second that too

#14 12 years ago

RBION is a good call, Mr. Binks!
    Definitely a underrated Stern gem...

#15 12 years ago

hanford29,

How much room do you have? Assuming space isn't an issue, it might make more sense to buy two pins instead of a single expensive machine. Perhaps a DMD and a nice alphanumeric to go along with it. The combinations are practically endless. For example:

TS / Pin*Bot
    BSD / Roller Games
    WCS / BK2K
    DW / HSII
    PZ / Mousin' Around!

Trust me, you will appreciate the variety.

#16 12 years ago

You need some Pat Lawlor in your game room!

Obviously, you want a game that feels like a Lawlor game - so CSI (too expensive anyway), and NASCAR are out of the running. RBION is a good choice. You might even be able to sneak in a TAF or TZ that needs some work at the top end of that price range.... Heck, I got my TZ for $3100 in the spring, in almost-working conditon with a great PF.

#17 12 years ago

hmm sounds like you are talking DM, with a bit of depth and/or flow. JD, Frankenstein, Rbion, SPP, T3, DM or Jm would be my choices. Maybe worth checking a 24 if you come across one.

#18 12 years ago

Add whatever game you find a good deal on and looks like a nice playing game.
    Keep an open mind about it.

If you get sick of the game just sell it and buy another.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from hanford29:

as a third (and probably final)

you're not dying, are you? I guess we all are but slowly (hopefully)

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

ed and TED'S roadshow...GREAT GAME FOR THE $$$

I agree! Great game, lot of fun... On the basis that I love WH2O, and this is a keeper for you, then maybe our tastes are similar and you'll love RS too!!??

Wait a minute, you've got SW DE... Scratch that last sentence

#21 12 years ago

Both are DMD games, but they would look great together.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

I'm not a big fan of NGG....kinda childish with the pop up gophers, great for kids though if you got any.

I do not agree that it is any more childish than any other machines. It does has options to make the voice more or less "rude". There are a lot of quotes in the game that hint at other things other than pinball.

The hole in one shot is great and my machine just seems to keep working.

#23 12 years ago

I think DM, JM, Frankenstein, and TS would be some pins to keep your eye out for. I also like DW but most either really like it or hate it. If you want to go old-school with a classic Taxi is very affordable option.

#24 12 years ago

Run an early williams collection. For 2-3 grand, you could probably pick up Black Knight, Sorcerer, Gorgar, and firepower!

#25 12 years ago

you could probably pick up Black Knight, Sorcerer, Gorgar, and firepower!

Pharaoh is also an excellent game... better than BK IMO... My favourite sys7 game to be honest... In fact probably my favourite Williams (pre merger) game full stop come to think of it...

Stunning to look at too:

Pharoh_upper_pf.jpgPharoh_upper_pf.jpg Pharoh_lower_pf.jpgPharoh_lower_pf.jpg Pharoh_BG.jpgPharoh_BG.jpg

#26 12 years ago

I have a very nice Pharaoh. Mpu quit on me, so I need to fix it. There is nothing like repairing more than playing...

As for Rbion, quit talking it up until I find one, I don't need that game to go through the roof $$$ wise before I'm able to land one.

As for what game - *ANYTHING* - you can always sell, or further trade for something else more easily if you have something.

Most acquisitions, as I'm sure most will attest to, are from what comes up and what is available, rather than the very few we all have that were actually sought out.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Most acquisitions, as I'm sure most will attest to, are from what comes up and what is available, rather than the very few we all have that were actually sought out.

Personally this is true for about 10% of the games I've ended up with over the years... the rest were the result of years of weeding and searching for specific games... Sexy Girl and Mephiso being the hardest to track down... but I got there in the end

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-should-i-add and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.