3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by flipper73
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

hello pinsiders,

i am thinking of what game will be the next on my list. my small collection at the moment includes: medieval madness, ac/dc premium, the flintstones, lord of the rings and cirqus voltaire. i rather like original (unlicensed) themes and prefer them versus licensed titles. what would be your choice? it would be nice if you give me your advice!

best regards ralf

#2 3 years ago

in no particular order
    White Water
    CFTBL
    Ironman

#3 3 years ago

You need a basher i.e.: a game where you just smack the ball around without thinking like Ironman, Dr Dude, WNBJM or a very nice EM

#4 3 years ago

thanks for the answers cftbl, dr. dude or ironman are licensed themes so they are not my choice. but white water maybe.

what is wnbjm?

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from flipper73:

thanks for the answers cftbl, dr. dude or ironman are licensed themes so they are not my choice. but white water maybe.
    what is wnbjm?

Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons

#7 3 years ago

Maybe add a non-DMD to the colloction? Space station, funhouse, or even earlier...xenon, paragon, flight 2000, etc....

There are some great playing non DMD games that are unlicensed....

#8 3 years ago

Roadshow

#9 3 years ago

I'd mix in something older - think system 11. Go for DINER or TAXI...

#10 3 years ago

Dr dude isnt licensed is it? Its fun, thats for sure

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from flipper73:

hello pinsiders,
    i am thinking of what game will be the next on my list. my small collection at the moment includes: medieval madness, ac/dc premium, the flintstones, lord of the rings and cirqus voltaire. i rather like original (unlicensed) themes and prefer them versus licensed titles. what would be your choice? it would be nice if you give me your advice!
    best regards ralf

I'd recommend a Pat Lawlor game since you don't have one.

Road Show has a billion things to do (great value).
    No Good Gofers is fun too
    Whirlwind is excellent

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from flipper73:

hello pinsiders,
    best regards ralf

Road show? Awesome unlicensed theme. And you can get them for less than 3000.

#13 3 years ago

Lionman!

#14 3 years ago

Afm or a tz wld be a nice addition to your collection imo but since u want a original theme maybe go wit a h rs, ww , wh20, ngg,Totan, tom or something up that alley.

#15 3 years ago

Get an EM. I have a small collection and I think it adds a great contrast. There is also something almost therapeutic about the chimes.

Junk Yard is also a fun unlicensed theme.

#16 3 years ago

Another vote for Junkyard

#17 3 years ago

Roadshow is the biggest bang for the buck pin right now. Can be had all day everyday for less than $3k, has DMD, widebody, shaker, looks good, everybody loves to play it. It has everything but the kitchen sink.

#18 3 years ago

I like buying whatever's available. You get some different games you never thought of buying. I of course read reviews, watched video and so on but these weren't games I was actively looking for.

If you're buying NIB, TWD, Alien, Total Annihilation are at the top of my wanted list.

#20 3 years ago
    #21 3 years ago

Skip the new ones and go back to the roots.

#22 3 years ago

Whirlwind, Taxi, and BK2K are absolute gems, and deserve all the affinity people have for them.

Don't overlook some hidden treasures though. Games like Robo-War and Tx Sector are fantastic experiences.

If you seek newer titles, White Water and Attack from Mars are among my personal favorites.

#23 3 years ago

Buy what you enjoy playing.

/I never understand these threads

#24 3 years ago

I'd mix it up and get an old pitch and bat.

#25 3 years ago

Another vote for Fish Tales. I am limited by space to 6 pins and have a hard time parting with what I have. If I had the space, for sure a Fish Tales would be in my collection. My last spot was being saved for ToM or FT whichever came up first and now that is ToM.

#26 3 years ago

epthegeek, not everybody has the chance to play every game. where i live there are no big public possibilities. that's why i ask the pinsiders to get impressions.
    and this is a forum of pinball. why not ask this?

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from flipper73:

why not ask this?

because you will get 100 different answers and, in the end, buy a game you have never played either way. Do you have pinball arcade? You can get an idea of rule sets etc. from that.

#28 3 years ago

I just got a Fish Tales and really enjoy it. Maybe take a look at it.

#29 3 years ago

Op,
    I know you said no licensed themes but ....Pat Lawlor for the win, but not B/W, Stern - Shrek or Family Guy for the pin. Easily found in new condition from $5k to $6k. One has clean language and the other more adult (I know you can turn adult mode off on FGY, but why would you)? Each share a lot of bathroom type humor. It's good stuff really and a nice option is to swap roms and enjoy two tables for one. Rules are pretty simple and either is great for bashing balls and ball bashing recommended above. A number of multiballs enter the picture and the humor in FGY is the funniest FU@KING sh!T you've ever heard.

Where are you located that there are rarely any pins around? Just curious.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Where are you located that there are rarely any pins around? Just curious.

in the south of germany.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside