Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by brett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

I'm an "OK" pinballer. Nothing great but I can keep the ball going and accomplish some modes and tasks during an average game. I felt my skill really plateaued and I was fine with that (I was still having fun). That all changed when I got my Shadow pin. The Shadow forced me to become a better player. There is just so many shots and having to control the diverters manually really keeps you on your toes. As a result, I find myself doing much better on all the other pins in my collection and on location. I thought this might be an interesting topic. What game(s) makes you a better pinball player and why?

#2 6 months ago

Iron Man, Dracula, Flash Gordon are common responses for “get better” pinball. I want to nominate “Robocop” in that mix.

#3 6 months ago

Iron Man and Houdini. Those have made me a better player.

#4 6 months ago

Any EM

#5 6 months ago

Iron Maiden and Stern’s JP will help your pinball skills elevate.

#6 6 months ago

Acnc !!

#8 6 months ago

Houdini. I enjoy playing it and it is an extremely difficult game with the tight shots. once you're able to start making those shots all the other games seem relatively easy.

#9 6 months ago

Bsd obviously.

But twd has made me a better modern stern player

#10 6 months ago
#11 6 months ago

I agree. When I switched my Night Rider EM to 3 ball I was playing it heavily every day for a week. Then I played Hurricane and broke my top 4 hi scores in consecutive games.

#12 6 months ago

Potc has made me a better player. There are so many different shots and strategies to pursue. It has made me better at shots I normally wouldn’t use on other machines.

#13 6 months ago

Iron maiden
BSD
Next gen
TWD

#14 6 months ago

Ghostbusters!

#16 6 months ago

Totally agree. Picked up a few EMs this year and feel my skills have improved.

#17 6 months ago

Not just any EM, but 2" flipper EMs with all different lower playfields. Modern games don't stand a chance after an hour or two warming up on those.

Most long flipper EMS are no harder than most early solid states.

#18 6 months ago

Some games I think that helped me become a better pinball player are TWD due to the tight shots and risk rewards. Some other games are Robocop, Flash Gordon, SM, Doodle Bug, and BSD. Also my lost world Jurassic park helped with my control in multi ball.

#19 6 months ago

And most games from the last 5-10 years have made me a better pinballer by choosing to not currently own any of them.

#22 6 months ago

Bally Paragon. It is a top 100 rated game that gets lots of complaints about being hard. Read the reviews on it. It will absolutely force you to learn to play.

#23 6 months ago

Sterns..
TWD
SW
JP
BM66

And Houdini too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Vernon, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
California, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside