(Topic ID: 220911)

What game has your favorite PLAYFIELD art? Vote here!

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by J85M
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

playfield_7 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7509 (resized).JPG
    Overall_view (resized).jpg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

What game has your favorite PLAYFIELD ART? Vote here!

https://goo.gl/forms/9KQJbAD8KVmGAKVW2

(Last weeks top 10 favorite MAGNET ACTION can be found here: https://thisweekinpinball.com/top-10-magnet-action-in-pinball-machines/)

#4 5 years ago

Aerosmith

#6 5 years ago

Fathom

#7 5 years ago

There really hasn't been any great playfield art in the recent millenium. Mostly cut and paste or lousy ripoffs of others styles.

And with older games prior to the 90s there are too many to choose from, so I may sit this voting out. Although Big Daddy is still one of my favorites that I do own.

Doesn't matter anyway as you've linked the voting to some other half ass website that I have no desire to give personal information to or sign up for anyway.

#8 5 years ago

I have no single favorite, but some contenders:

Theater of Magic
    Genie
    Centaur
    Metallica
    Bad Cats
    Grand Lizard
    Medusa

#9 5 years ago

Silver ball Mania
    Fire!

#10 5 years ago

Zombie Yeti has put out some nice stuff. Stuff from the late 70- early 80s has been great too. too many to choose from!

#11 5 years ago

Asteroid Annie and the Aliens for the win...and Fathom takes the Silver medal.

#12 5 years ago

TOTAN comes to mind

#13 5 years ago

Big Bang Bar

#14 5 years ago

SUPREME

#15 5 years ago

How could I forget about Supreme! Way better art package than most of the garbage that's come out lately.

It's just that I don't own one, and apparently am not wealthy enough to do so.

#16 5 years ago

WCS because I'm a big fan of cute butts in short shorts

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Anonymouse:

WCS because I'm a big fan of cute butts in short shorts

Then have we got another game just for you!

Overall_view (resized).jpgOverall_view (resized).jpg
    #18 5 years ago
    Quoted from xeneize:

Asteroid Annie and the Aliens for the win...and Fathom takes the Silver medal.

As far as Poker Playing Alien themes go this is defiantly the best looking one. Sorry Alien Poker, you play great but look awful.

#19 5 years ago

I've grown fond of early 80's artworks as well. . . a classic Stern comes to mind!

IMG_7509 (resized).JPGIMG_7509 (resized).JPG

#22 5 years ago

WOOLY is pretty tits!

#23 5 years ago

Flash Gordon and Paragon. All day.

#24 5 years ago

Centaur

#25 5 years ago

Trident

#26 5 years ago

Creature from the Black Lagoon!

Classic cars, chicks in swimsuits, and the Creech himself.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Creature from the Black Lagoon!
    Classic cars, chicks in swimsuits, and the Creech himself.

Definitely one of the best backglasses for sure.

#28 5 years ago

Maiden and tmnt

#29 5 years ago

No love for TFTC?

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Doesn't matter anyway as you've linked the voting to some other half ass website that I have no desire to give personal information to or sign up for anyway.

Agree o-din it would be great if pin2d could use something other than google accounts to do votes, like you I would like to participate but don’t want to sign up to yet another site/account pin2d wouldn’t pinside polls work just as well or not?

#32 5 years ago

It's hard for me to pick a favorite but two that come to mind are iron maiden and Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.

#33 5 years ago

WNBJM
    even when the game is off it is just so damn pretty

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Agree o-din it would be great if pin2d could use something other than google accounts to do votes, like you I would like to participate but don’t want to sign up to yet another site/account pin2d wouldn’t pinside polls work just as well or not?

Yeah, I hear you Odin and @j85m, it isn't a perfect voting system. The logic for using google forms is that I run into a lot of people on Facebook and Twitter and on TWIP that don't have Pinside accounts (or don't actively participate in Pinside forums), so I'm trying to include as many in the hobby as possible for the votes.

I tried Survey Monkey in the past but it turned very expensive once you get over a certain number of votes (I think 1000?).

It seems like a higher percentage of pinball hobbyists have google accounts vs those that actively participate on Pinside, or at least the ones that are interested in voting (if that makes sense). At least that is kind of the rational behind using Google forms.

#35 5 years ago

Cyclone

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Yeah, I hear you odin and j85m, it isn't a perfect voting system. The logic for using google forms is that I run into a lot of people on Facebook and Twitter and on TWIP that don't have Pinside accounts (or don't actively participate in Pinside forums), so I'm trying to include as many in the hobby as possible for the votes.
    I tried Survey Monkey in the past but it turned very expensive once you get over a certain number of votes (I think 1000?).
    It seems like a higher percentage of pinball hobbyists have google accounts vs those that actively participate on Pinside, or at least the ones that are interested in voting (if that makes sense). At least that is kind of the rational behind using Google forms.

Thanks for the response man, love the website, I remember when you first started this up it was good then but it’s great now, you have developed it into a must read each week.

Maybe I’ll sign up to google and sign Odin up while I’m at it

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

There really hasn't been any great playfield art in the recent millenium. Mostly cut and paste or lousy ripoffs of others styles.

playfield_7 (resized).jpgplayfield_7 (resized).jpg
    #38 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Yeah, I hear you odin and j85m, it isn't a perfect voting system. The logic for using google forms is that I run into a lot of people on Facebook and Twitter and on TWIP that don't have Pinside accounts (or don't actively participate in Pinside forums), so I'm trying to include as many in the hobby as possible for the votes.

You are already using WP Polls on TWIP, why not use it for all your polls? Or another WP plugin if that one doesn't do the trick?

#39 5 years ago

Fathom

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Well, the truth is you keep starting these contests on pinside which itself has it's own polling feature, so I'm sure I'm not alone when I see VOTE HERE in the title of the thread as a little misleading and then there are no choices to vote from.

So we don't really know if you are using our input into the choices or if you have just randomly picked a few you like and then basically decide for yourself what goes in the poll that we can't see anyway.

It kind of makes the whole venture useless and pointless, and wherever you do post the results an insignificant publication.

I honestly don't really care and will try not to be baited into opening another one of these threads again. Just trying to show you how it looks to the average user here if you are trying to take it or yourself seriously.

#41 5 years ago

The mad scientist in me always loved the art on Strange Science's pf. Alot going on and very campy.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The mad scientist in me always loved the art on Strange Science's pf. Alot going on and very campy.

Probably the best playfield artwork of all the 6803 games.

#43 5 years ago

I know Ghostbusters gets a lot of mixed reviews but the playfield art is awesome!

#44 5 years ago

Theatre of Magic
    Or
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Honorable mention: Metallica

#45 5 years ago

My vote is Ghostbusters. Ditto with Odin's sentiments on the voting.

#46 5 years ago

I'm voting for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle. The art package has just blew me away.

#47 5 years ago

Maiden. You can never have too many Eddie's

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well, the truth is you keep starting these contests on pinside which itself has it's own polling feature, so I'm sure I'm not alone when I see VOTE HERE in the title of the thread as a little misleading and then there are no choices to vote from.
    So we don't really know if you are using our input into the choices or if you have just randomly picked a few you like and then basically decide for yourself what goes in the poll that we can't see anyway.
    It kind of makes the whole venture useless and pointless, and wherever you do post the results an insignificant publication.
    I honestly don't really care and will try not to be baited into opening another one of these threads again. Just trying to show you how it looks to the average user here if you are trying to take it or yourself seriously.

Thanks for the thoughts @o-din, I get what you're saying. I'm just trying to not limit the votes to only those that frequent Pinside. By using the google forms, I lose out on the people that don't have a Google account, but I can include the people that frequent Pinside plus the people that frequent Facebook or Twitter or This Week in Pinball.

#49 5 years ago

Google, facebook, and twitter. Where the people in pinball that matter hang out.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Google, facebook, and twitter. Where the people in pinball that matter hang out.

Plenty of pinheads don’t visit and use Pinside.

pin2d is it possible for you to duplicate the polls on Pinside, for those without google accounts that would like to participate in TWIP each week?

Obviously I appreciate that probably leads to a little more work your end, so I can appreciate if that’s your reasoning for not already doing so.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-has-your-favorite-playfield-art-vote-here?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.