Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by UNCgump
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxon:

Does anyone know of a pinball that had a ramp in the shape of a circle, when the ball was spinning on the ramp the machine made a lot of noise, is it an aircraft theme or something like that, any help?

Operation Thunder?

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Operation+thunder&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#52 3 years ago

It is similar but it has two levels of playfield and it has many ramps, and I remember that one is in a spiral, any similar?

#53 3 years ago

Just curious but why does everybody write sometimes a full paragraph but still abbreviate the games “ name “ like MM or DI or WW . Doesn’t the game deserve to be called what it
    Is ? I always am looking for some kind of cheat sheet so I can follow the conversations ..
    does anyone else agree ? Or maybe I’m just nuts

#54 3 years ago

Spiderman.... you can always rip some crazy fast combos on it.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boxedbeef:

Es solo curiosidad, pero ¿por qué todo el mundo escribe a veces un párrafo completo pero abreviando el “nombre” del juego como MM, DI o WW ? ¿No merece el juego ser llamado como
    es? Siempre estoy buscando algún tipo de hoja de trucos para poder seguir las conversaciones ...
    ¿Alguien más está de acuerdo? O tal vez solo estoy loco

I don´t know, imagine my case, I don´t know much inglish, now how to im going to know the names by this way?

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxon:

Does anyone know of a pinball that had a ramp in the shape of a circle, when the ball was spinning on the ramp the machine made a lot of noise, is it an aircraft theme or something like that, any help?

Sounds like you are thinking of the "Supercharger" on High Speed 2: The Getaway.
    It's a great effect.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxon:

Or maybe Data East Star Wars, where the game makes the spaceship "swoosh" noise when you shoot the ramp that spirals around behind the Death Star.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Sounds like you are thinking of the "Supercharger" on High Speed 2: The Getaway.
    It's a great effect.

gotta be it

since I am here MET and Shadow have great ramps

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Parece que estás pensando en el "Supercharger" de High Speed 2: The Getaway.
    Es un gran efecto.

No, it is not about cars, it is that it was from spaceships or airplanes, and it was not from Star wars either

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxon:

It might be Hook (windcoaster ramp).

You beat me to it btw. I was about ready to mention it on this thread too (plus the red chase lights)

Also hook has a 3 way combo, right ramp - left ramp - left vuk.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Puede ser Gancho (rampa de la montaña rusa).
    Me ganaste por cierto. Estaba a punto de mencionarlo en este hilo también (más las luces rojas de persecución)
    También el gancho tiene un combo de 3 vías, rampa derecha - rampa izquierda - vuk izquierdo.

Yes, I'm about to go fix a pinball that I played when I was little, but they gave it away and I want to know what it is to get to know it

#62 3 years ago

It may be the machine you are looking for, although I remember it was from Planes or Jets, I will ask to see if you are right, does anyone else know of a similar machine?

#63 3 years ago

I think they were from F14 planes

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxon:

Special Force? The helicopter ramp when you get bombs would fire the pop bumper huts and make a lot of noise.

#65 3 years ago

Gotta vouch for the right ramp on Indy 500. It's the speed ramp! The car circles the track for a shaker motor experience. The return is fast for a great looping rhythm. It's a vital part of multiball and multiple modes. Also a slightly different angle compared to the left ramp which makes it harder, more challenging, more satisfying.

#66 3 years ago

Avengers Infinity quest

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Tengo que responder por la rampa correcta en Indy 500. ¡Es la rampa de velocidad! El coche recorre la pista para vivir una experiencia de motor vibrante. El regreso es rápido para un gran ritmo de bucle. Es una parte vital de multibola y modos múltiples. También un ángulo ligeramente diferente en comparación con la rampa izquierda, lo que lo hace más difícil, más desafiante y más satisfactorio.

what is the name of the machine?

#68 3 years ago

Look, I can tell you that he played it when he was about 5 years old, now ten years later he is no longer with us, he is with an acquaintance who apparently broke down because he did not take the ball, I describe it like this
    -Ramp that when the ball was spinning, the game made a lot of noise
    -The topic is airplanes, I think F14
    -This I'm not so sure but I think the cabinet was dark blue, it may be wrong because I don't remember much but it's the only thing I remember clearly

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxon:

It is similar but it has two levels of playfield and it has many ramps, and I remember that one is in a spiral, any similar?

Quoted from Waxon:

Quoted from Waxon:

-This I'm not so sure but I think the cabinet was dark blue

Honestly, the only game I can really think of that meets these criteria is White Water, but your aviation theme throws that out the window.

#70 3 years ago

Sopranos Meadowlands... Hardest shot in the game but so satisfying when hit!

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxon:

Look, I can tell you that he played it when he was about 5 years old, now ten years later he is no longer with us, he is with an acquaintance who apparently broke down because he did not take the ball, I describe it like this
    -The topic is airplanes, I think F14
    -This I'm not so sure but I think the cabinet was dark blue, it may be wrong because I don't remember much but it's the only thing I remember clearly

So it's not Special Force?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #72 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

So it's not Special Force?
    [quoted image]

No, although white water may be, it reminds me of something, my memory is somewhat blocked

#73 3 years ago

The pinball was F-14 tomcat

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxon:

The pinball was F-14 tomcat

Well you had the theme right but the description was way off, haha.

#75 3 years ago

Coolest looking ramps, has to be Party Zone and Blackwater 100.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boxedbeef:

Just curious but why does everybody write sometimes a full paragraph but still abbreviate the games “ name “ like MM or DI or WW . Doesn’t the game deserve to be called what it
    Is ? I always am looking for some kind of cheat sheet so I can follow the conversations ..
    does anyone else agree ? Or maybe I’m just nuts

Completely agree like we are somehow supposed to memorize 100's or even 1000's of different pinball names so that it convenient for someone that doesn't like to type.

#77 3 years ago

As for best ramps I'm going to go with an outlier and say Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Data East) based upon the fact that there are 3 progressive ramp skill shots. I believe the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Pro) (Stern)has these built in as well but I don't believe that its a triple skill like the original. Jurassic Park (Pro) (Stern) also has triple ramp skill shot. I'll stick by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as the winner in my book though, its just fun and satisfying to get all 3 in a row!

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Ghost Busters Premium/LE Subway ramp with the roller coaster style dip below the playfield.

Such a satisfying shot!

#79 3 years ago

White Water and Champion Pub for me

#80 3 years ago

No mention of No Fear? Always loved the ramps on that one.

#81 3 years ago

I’ve always enjoyed ramps that go into the backbox and back out.

Sterns JP has 4 ramps and all return to a different flipper then you shot it from. Hitting all 4 ramps in sequence then nailing the spinner when it’s all juiced up is a crazy good 5 way combo.

For repeatable ramps CFTBL is probably one of the best.

Old school ramps Comet is pretty good as all 3 are unique, one is a traditional ramp that is repeatable, one is a corkscrew that feeds the upper rollovers and one is a jump ramp with a Skee ball style scoring setup.

#82 3 years ago

Elvira and the Party Monsters has a interesting ramp. I have to mention Scared Stiff, fun to shoot and with an interesting call out from Elvira herself. Whitewater is an obvious choice. Demolition Man is crazy fun when on a role hitting all the ramp shots.

I think my favorite ramps are in World Cup Soccer 94. Very smooth and deceptively complex.

#83 3 years ago

Given that 'best ramps' don't automatically translate to 'best game', Creech gets an honourable mention for ramp design even though the game is dull as ditchwater.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxon:

Indy 500?

#85 3 years ago

Radical has the best ramps.

#86 3 years ago

Ghostbusters Pro left ramp is my pick for funniest ramp to rip over and over. Medieval Madness ramps are my favorite 2 ramp game. Best all around ramp game might be AIQ premium with the Marvel ramp in there for me, thats probably my favorite shot in pinball right now.

#87 3 years ago

Best ramp and also the fastest in terms of returned ball speed with ceramic ball-The Rolling Stones LE
    Also notable- Wh20 whirlpool is fun

Worst Ramp(because I suck at hitting it) is Tron GEM Ramp-one mean Beooch
    also trying to hit SW fork ramp with hurry up can be frustrating as all hell.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Bueno, tenías el tema correcto, pero la descripción estaba muy lejos, jaja.

Something like that, apart from how I have a Firepower and the issue is the same, about F-14 planes I thought it would confuse me, but not if it was another JAJA

#89 3 years ago

Stargate has some steep ramps that are so satisfying when you make them, particularly the left.

#90 3 years ago

Why not a single mention of the walking dead? Nobody loves those big sweeping ramps?? My favorite ramp shots I've ever hit and not a peep?

#91 3 years ago

Already put in my 2c.
    My mistake.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Why not a single mention of the walking dead? Nobody loves those big sweeping ramps?? My favorite ramp shots I've ever hit and not a peep?

Agree those are great. Especially looping the right ramp at that odd angle to build toward the cash in shot at Woodbury.

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-has-the-best-ramps/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.