Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JReedie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0104 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20180117-113607 (resized).png

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

This. All of this is most certainly true.

Quoted from RobKnapp:

ST:TNG (Borg Mutli-Ball) is one of the best . You start off with the pinball loading in the left cannon . You try to shoot the start mission center shot . You can make the cannon shot a maximum of three times awarding higher point Jackpots for each competed shot with left cannon . Then you go into regular (Borg multi-ball) . Jackpots are then awarded from (center shot) or up the (Left Ramp shot) via the right upper flipper. The Borg ship is firing back at you on DMD . If your shields go down . To get more Jackpots you must shoot the (left orbit/spinner) to regain shields and enable even more Jackpots . Total skill and adrenaline rush.

#52 6 years ago

Stern Indy, its just cool to see the ark rise and spit out 8 balls.

#53 6 years ago

Creature for sure. Also getting the jackpot on Whirlwind is always satisfying.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

TSPP- Alien Invasion
    Definitely not your average derivative Jackpot-fest.

I like the mystery spot multiball on Simpson’s pinball party myself. I only got to play it once before it was taken off location here though.

#55 6 years ago

F14 has the best start. Centaur has the best to play simply as you can keep it going for so long compared to modern games

#56 6 years ago

I think Mustang offers one of the best overall combinations of fun and challenging multiballs:

DRAG RACE multiball - a simple 2-ball mode based multiball that's relatively easy to activate by most players.

GEAR SHIFT multiball varies between 3 - 6 balls depending on the player's desire and ability to qualify.

BURNOUT multiball is challenging, but potentially highly lucrative on its own and a great one to stack with the UPGRADE SCORING hurry up mode.

UPGRADE multiball is another fun one in that its similar to the above, but requires completing a more difficult series of hurry up objectives.

MUSTANG multiball (somewhat similar to Klingon multiball in Star Trek) requires completing a progressive set of targets.

SILVER STAMPEDE multiball - part of the final wizard mode on the game.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Stern Indy, its just cool to see the ark rise and spit out 8 balls.

That's the only game I know where almost all the balls hit the flippers at once. You can almost feel the weight through the buttons.

#58 6 years ago

My favorite it still FH. Have to earn those million plus JPs. So rewarding hearing that Rudy scream!!

#59 6 years ago

Whoops! Someone keeps hitting “Add-a-thread”at the scoop!

#61 6 years ago

Black Hole ( Play both playfields at the same time )

#62 6 years ago

That could be my favorite. LOTR has great multi ball FLOW. It's much more exciting that having to cradle all the time.

#63 6 years ago

BSD THIRRRTYYYYY MILLLLION
    MB
    F14

All the kids come running when multiball is queued up on F14 and the beacons light up the whole room. Never gets old. My six-year-old gets so mad at yagov taunting me!

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from MultiballRob:

Apollo 13 with 13 balls that's insane

Indeed it is. Indy has some sweet multiballs too - Well of Souls is a mode with a six ball multiball - complimented by plenty of quick two ball multiballs with a satisfying captive ball shot and an idol three ball. Best pin ever, in my estimation.

#65 6 years ago

I'm partial to Led Zeppelin starting Mustang Multiball on my game.

#66 6 years ago

I really like the Aerosmith “do I play the 3,4,5 ball multiball or defer and roll the dice to cash in later” option.

#67 6 years ago

Afm strobe mb is fun in a dark room.......
    Twilight zone mb's are fun and take skill...
    Stacking all 3 mb on bsd is a amazing experience......

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I really like the Aerosmith “do I play the 3,4,5 ball multiball or defer and roll the dice to cash in later” option.

Yep - just like in Mustang (3, 4, 5, or 6) before it. Risk vs reward options are more fun!

#69 6 years ago

There is nothing like the first time you see magneto multiball in a X-Men le

#70 6 years ago

I can't believe no one has mentioned the 6-ball Well of Souls multiball or Eternal Life multiball in Williams Indiana Jones! Other favorites are STTNG Final Frontier, Lord of the Rings movie mode multiballs (TTT, RTK, FOTR) or the 2-ball DTR where you knock the ball out of the magnet, and TSPP Springfield Mystery Spot with the reversed flippers. I had never seen that before then.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Strohz:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the 6-ball Well of Souls multiball or Eternal Life multiball in Williams Indiana Jones!

See 6 posts earlier:

Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Indeed it is. Indy has some sweet multiballs too - Well of Souls is a mode with a six ball multiball - complimented by plenty of quick two ball multiballs with a satisfying captive ball shot and an idol three ball. Best pin ever, in my estimation.

I'll have to check that multiball out on YouTube. I don't recall it from when I used to play IJ on route.

#72 6 years ago

TZ Powerball Mania Multiball is great...especially when you get multiple balls in the upper playfield

#73 6 years ago

How has nobody said Shaq Attaq yet?

#74 6 years ago

Mousin! relock 2 cheese traps, and get the in the back box shot for jackpot!

#75 6 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire is the best machine if you love multiball... There's probably a hundred different ways of getting multiball on it and none are too hard. The high wire is super satisfying.

A close 2nd goes to lightning multiball in BK2K.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Black Hole ( Play both playfields at the same time )

THIS, mainly because I find it almost impossible to get, even more than Firepower. There is some huge sense of accomplishment, rather than the Hobbit like "multiball all the time" approach to exciting pinball.

#78 6 years ago

DM's Demolition Time is really fun, the way you can earn more balls during it.

But no one ever sees it unless they resist taking Lock Freeze from the Cryo Claw every time...

#79 6 years ago

Some I like:

TAF
    CFTBL
    Aerosmith's main multiball
    GB's storage facility
    WH20
    ST Klingon mulitball

#80 6 years ago

Creature for objective based multiball, but BSD is a close second for built up stacked multiball. 90s multiball is best multiball.

#81 6 years ago

Maybe I'm partial to Williams but feel they're my favorites. I love games where you can lock balls during multiball and fishtales is so rewarding to get a super jackpot.
    Some of my favorites.

FT
    BSD
    FH
    WW
    F14
    WH20

#82 6 years ago

another vote for BSD. Even if you suck at it there is 1 out of every 10 or so games that you crush it and stack multiballs......feels good. Great Game!!!
    Thanks
    Blake

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shadrac:

LOTR / Two towers MB is awesome too. TO WAR!

Winner! There is so much going on in Two Towers. The more balls in play, the faster you can complete it. Jackpoton the playfield. “At first light on the fifth day...” And it leads to the best Superjackpot callout in all of Pinball. Gimli laughing as he screams it out.

There are none better.

#84 6 years ago

Came back to throw another vote on Whirlwind. Everything from qualifying it to the rules during multiball make it an all-time great. Lots and lots of challenge there.

#85 6 years ago

MM when you've stacked the Joust/damsel/peasant/catapult multiball madness can really rack up some points.

#86 6 years ago

Aerosmith Toys in The Attic. You can choose to wait to get to 6 balls or only 3. It throws balls into the toy box. Screen animations and music are great. As is the light show.

#87 6 years ago

As far as wizard modes that most people aren't going to get to, as opposed to ordinary multiball modes - TZ's Lost in the Zone (which I have only reached on Pinball Arcade) is six balls where at any moment, you can have a ball on both your lower flippers, the upper piano/camera shot flippers, and the magnetic-flipper Powerfield at the same time. Pure insanity.

#88 6 years ago

AFM
    WW
    BSD
    TWD
    CFTBL

My biggest surprise is that no one has mentioned the pressure of BoP's metamorphosis multiball. Nothing makes my palms sweat quite like getting both balls up the left ramp and then praying for a billion.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spagano314:

My biggest surprise is that no one has mentioned the pressure of BoP's metamorphosis multiball. Nothing makes my palms sweat quite like getting both balls up the left ramp and then praying for a billion.

That center ramp shot to seal the deal is no easy one in normal conditions, especially if you've been locked in on that left ramp that's much easier to hit. And yeah, that pressure.

#90 6 years ago

Jurassic Park system failure. Game acts like it broke then multiball.

#91 6 years ago

Firepower with the newer ROM. You really can't beat the classics

#92 6 years ago

I would recomend Stargate. Almost every mode on that game is a multiball and hitting a jackpot usually adds another ball so if thats what you enjoy I would highly recommend it.

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-has-the-best-multiball/page/2?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.