Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JReedie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0104 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20180117-113607 (resized).png

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Looking to add a new pinball to game room. Anyone have a suggestion for pinball with the best Multiball action.

#2 6 years ago

Multiball Rob only cares about multiball!

The answer of course is Apollo 13. 13 balls in play for Multiball Rob!!!

#3 6 years ago

The hobbits smaug is fun and progressive multiball which gives you a kill shot for smaug that kills the flippers with great video behind it.

#4 6 years ago

Hmmmm...
    TWD / Prison MB stacked with Blood Bath MB
    IM / War Machine MB stacked with Whiplash MB
    BSD / 3 multiballs stacked Thiiiiiiiiirty millions

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That sure beats Balls A Poppin!

But I like stacking Mist, Coffin, and Castle on BSD.

#6 6 years ago

LOTR / Two towers MB is awesome too. TO WAR!

#7 6 years ago

Some of my favorites are

WH2O
    CFTBL
    LOTR fellowship multi ball
    Scared stiff coffin multi ball
    BM66 villain escape
    RZ house of 1000 corpses

#8 6 years ago

Jedi Multiball

#9 6 years ago

Star Trek Klingon MB is pretty cool especially if you have a shaker installed.

#10 6 years ago

Screenshot_20180117-113607 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180117-113607 (resized).png

#11 6 years ago

Storage facility multiball in Ghostbusters—especially with a shaker motor. It’s kind of hard to get to unless you’re a decent player, though.

#12 6 years ago

Attack From Mars' main multiball is the best of the modern games. Simple, but perfect. Addams Family makes a strong case too. Classic games tend to have way more satisfying multiballs than today's games though. Today multiball is a relatively easy thing to achieve and it's just a "hit the ramps!" parade. Getting multiball in something like Firepower or Flight 2000 really feels like an achievement.

#13 6 years ago

+Every mb on GOT
    +Every mb on WOZ

+and here’s an honorable mention to an underrated game, but hulk mb on Avengers. Love playing that layout with 5-6 balls in play and bashing hulk then eventually hitting him to raise arms, and cap it with the super.

#14 6 years ago

Nitro Ground Shaker

#15 6 years ago

Atari_Daze you do realize that at this point probably every topic that is worth discussing in pinball has already been brought up? It’s not like baseball where something new happens every day to debate. I don’t get people who feel the need to keep rubbing it in people’s faces that something has already been discussed. Just don’t click the thread if bothers you that much.

#16 6 years ago

I like starting the mutiball in Robocop because I love hearing the wrecking crew is here!! The wrecking crew is here!!

#17 6 years ago

When I was first new to this site, I had to learn how to use the valuable search tool, I feel it is worth pointing out to others should they have issues learning this site too.

#18 6 years ago

Not the easiest to get to but horde in walking dead is awesome.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

When I was first new to this site, I had to learn how to use the valuable search tool, I feel it is worth pointing out to others should they have issues learning this site too.

May I suggest a polite PM instead of a shaming? Maybe he doesn’t know how PM’s Work and you could also help with that.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Maybe he doesn’t know how PM’s Work and you could also help with that.

Good point, and no intent to shame, however I have seen others post after months of being a pinsider them just finding out the PM function too.

It's all ball bearings these days!

#21 6 years ago

Godzilla. There are no single ball modes in the game they're all multiball modes. Trick is to get all 5 of them qualified before starting them all at once. If you do happen to start Sonar Multiball on it's own, pressing both flipper buttons before multiball starts changes the animation to show the sonar operator get skewered through the head with a spear!

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

If you do happen to start Sonar Multiball on it's own, pressing both flipper buttons before multiball starts changes the animation to show the sonar operator get skewered through the head with a spear!

That's right out of Starship Troopers...

#23 6 years ago

Thanks everyone, great suggestions
    Going to hit the arcade and try out some of these titles. Apollo 13 with 13 balls that's insane

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I don’t get people who feel the need to keep rubbing it in people’s faces that something has already been discussed.

It's aboot respect.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's aboot respect.

Respect has already been discussed.

/insert beating a dead horse gif.

#26 6 years ago

Stewie MB in Family Guy. Jackpots achieved in the upper playfield then relight the jackpots by making shots on the main playfield. By far the best multiball I've ever played.

#27 6 years ago

If we didn't get new versions of old threads all the time, it might get pretty slow around here.

#28 6 years ago

I'm going to say Blood Bath multiball on TWD. Because if its planned and done right, you can have the best stack ever.. and it's super intense and your scores can blow the hell up quickly if planning the right shots.

#29 6 years ago

O-din, I'm surprised you didn't recommend Bally's Balls-a-Poppin!

Rare, hard to find, and definitely expensive, but man oh man, what a cool game. Centaur is probably the closest thing you'll get for a "modern" game in the same vain.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

O-din, I'm surprised you didn't recommend Bally's Balls-a-Poppin!

Quoted from o-din:

That sure beats Balls A Poppin!

But I like stacking Mist, Coffin, and Castle on BSD.

What can I say! I don't own the game.

#31 6 years ago

TSPP- Alien Invasion

Definitely not your average derivative Jackpot-fest.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What can I say! I don't own the game.

Damn! This is like the 3rd time this week I've done a really bad job at reading all the responses in a thread before making mine I totally missed that. I concede!

#33 6 years ago

I like junkyards multiball because it's only a single shot jackpot that gets harder after the first jackpot. Plus the start to that multiball is great and we'll integrated

#34 6 years ago

Honestly, the best multiball's are in System11 games, and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Damn! This is like the 3rd time this week I've done a really bad job at reading all the responses in a thread before making mine I totally missed that. I concede!

To be fair, I didn't recommend it.

#36 6 years ago

ST:TNG (Borg Mutli-Ball) is one of the best . You start off with the pinball loading in the left cannon . You try to shoot the start mission center shot . You can make the cannon shot a maximum of three times awarding higher point Jackpots for each competed shot with left cannon . Then you go into regular (Borg multi-ball) . Jackpots are then awarded from (center shot) or up the (Left Ramp shot) via the right upper flipper. The Borg ship is firing back at you on DMD . If your shields go down . To get more Jackpots you must shoot the (left orbit/spinner) to regain shields and enable even more Jackpots . Total skill and adrenaline rush.

100_0104 (resized).JPG100_0104 (resized).JPG

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Multiball Rob only cares about multiball!

Maybe Blackwater 100 would be ideal for Multiball Rob. Every game starts with 3-ball multiball!!

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Honestly, the best multiball's are in System11 games, and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Back when multiball meant something!

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Back when multiball meant something!

You really had to earn those multiballs! That was also back when a jackpot meant something too.

#40 6 years ago

BK2K has a difficult three ball multiball to start. Just getting up that upper ramp can be a chore.

#41 6 years ago

NGG. Takes ball control to get jackpots. Flailing around ain't gonna get you no jp's.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

You really had to earn those multiballs! That was also back when a jackpot meant something too.

Earn them, and no ball save. A drain was a drain!

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

NGG. Takes ball control to get jackpots. Flailing around ain't gonna get you no jp's.

You can also just plunge a ball to get a jackpot. The cheapest jackpot in all of pinball.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

You can also just plunge a ball to get a jackpot. The cheapest jackpot in all of pinball.

CHEATER CHEATER

#45 6 years ago

I like when you start the movie in CFTBL (which starts a simple but brilliantly-designed two-ball multi-ball). It starts with a ball added to the plunger lane. You hear the movie's intro music. Then there's a lot of skill involved. You must "search" (three possible places) for the creature and the girl while carefully keeping both balls in play. If you lose one, you shoot the center hole to get going again. Once you find the creature, he starts moving around in the lagoon as a hologram. Then you shoot the center hole to rescue the girl. If you successfully rescue the girl, you can go for jackpots and super-jackpots. Also, during multiball, you can shoot up into the whirlpool ramp to increase the jackpot multiplier. In my opinion, in terms of multiball fun, it's a masterpiece. I guess I'm not a huge fan of modern multiball modes that are basically out-of-control scoring frenzies.

#46 6 years ago

I was always impressed with Fireball's multiball. I hadn't seen any of the other multiball games when it came out.

"Wow, you mean we can have three balls in play at the same time? Wow, just wow!"

#47 6 years ago

Twister.
    It's not a good game, but the multiball is great: 3 balls drop onto a magnetic disk and it spins like crazy until they all launch off

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Adams:

3 balls drop onto a magnetic disk and it spins like crazy until they all launch off

When you get to 5 balls on that spinning disc magnet it is even more impressive.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Adams:

Twister.
    It's not a good game, but the multiball is great: 3 balls drop onto a magnetic disk and it spins like crazy until they all launch off

Same as Lost in Space. Same as X-Men LE.

#50 6 years ago

TZ and Jackbot

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-has-the-best-multiball/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.