(Topic ID: 158231)

What game has lasted the longest in your collection & why?

By thedefog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why did this one game outlast all the others?”

• Childhood favorite 49 votes
      27%
    • Condition 15 votes
      8%
    • Got a great deal on it 5 votes
      3%
    • Too rare to sell 12 votes
      7%
    • I didn't want to move it, I'm lazy 2 votes
      1%
    • Other 97 votes
      54%

(180 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

Getaway! Though right now it is on tour. It has been at my girlfriends house, and it has been loaned out a couple of times. Right now it is with a friend and he is keeping it warm. Sometime down the road it will be back at my house and I will play the crap out of it for a while, then it will go back on tour. It is just a great little game. I had toyed around with selling it a while back, but I just couldn't. I've never seen one on location that played anything like mine does, which is why I just can't get rid of it.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

My getaway is also on loan...I use it to try to bring others into the hobby...

I've always found it to be the easiest game to explain. Stoplights and run from the cops! For some reason people get it, even if it is their first exposure to rules in pinball.

3 years later
    #103 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Getaway! Though right now it is on tour. It has been at my girlfriends house, and it has been loaned out a couple of times. Right now it is with a friend and he is keeping it warm. Sometime down the road it will be back at my house and I will play the crap out of it for a while, then it will go back on tour. It is just a great little game. I had toyed around with selling it a while back, but I just couldn't. I've never seen one on location that played anything like mine does, which is why I just can't get rid of it.

I said this 3 years ago, and it’s still Getaway. It’s been a couple more places since then. It spent some time in my office, and another friends house. And now it’s back at my house. Changed some lighting, added a playfield protector, but it still lives on with me. I wouldn’t even consider selling it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-has-lasted-the-longest-in-your-collection-why?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.