(Topic ID: 158231)

What game has lasted the longest in your collection & why?

By thedefog

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why did this one game outlast all the others?”

• Childhood favorite 48 votes
      27%
    • Condition 15 votes
      8%
    • Got a great deal on it 5 votes
      3%
    • Too rare to sell 12 votes
      7%
    • I didn't want to move it, I'm lazy 2 votes
      1%
    • Other 96 votes
      54%

(178 votes)

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

What game has spent the most time in your collection and why? Doesn't matter if it left and you got it again later.

Added a poll for reason why it stayed.

Pinbot is mine. Childhood fav. & my fav. music & theme.

#2 3 years ago

What option for "I like too much to sell"?

#3 3 years ago

Just fun to play should be on there! My metallica wont go anywhere just because I love playing it.

#4 3 years ago

Well, the machine I've had for the longest isn't really mine, so I can't sell it.
    The machine I've owned the longest is a Gottlieb Soccer, which I won't sell because I really like it a lot.

#5 3 years ago

I've had CC since it was new. Not that I was ever interested in selling it, but now I can't because ... reasons.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

What option for "I like too much to sell"?

Shoulda. This poll is gonna be dominated by "other" now.

I am really just interested in the stories/reasons behind the keepers.

#7 3 years ago

Black Knight, bought in 1998. It was my first pin, and I bought it the year my only son was born.

When my son was younger, he said we ought to sell it because he liked the newer games better. But around the age of 12 he decided that it had strong sentimental value for him, because he grew up with it. He's 17 now, and he'd be really upset if I sold it. Same with LOTR, but only because he has the GC on it.

#8 3 years ago

Longest Game i have owned in my collection is Rotation VII i think just because its rare and like defog Pinbot has been around the longest but not at one time as i have owned 3 ...keep selling and then getting one back again cause i miss it lol....right now i have been pinbotless for a few months....we see how long that lasts.

#9 3 years ago

Getaway! Though right now it is on tour. It has been at my girlfriends house, and it has been loaned out a couple of times. Right now it is with a friend and he is keeping it warm. Sometime down the road it will be back at my house and I will play the crap out of it for a while, then it will go back on tour. It is just a great little game. I had toyed around with selling it a while back, but I just couldn't. I've never seen one on location that played anything like mine does, which is why I just can't get rid of it.

#10 3 years ago

Pin*Bot
    first game for me
    dont think i will ever get rid of it

#11 3 years ago

Breakshot, because the guy I want to sell it to can't pick it up for a month

#12 3 years ago

Tspp...I will be buried in it. Depth and theme. Owned since 2003.

#13 3 years ago

Funhouse. A masterpiece of a game and I picked it up the day after my first child was born (long story).

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Same with LOTR, but only because he has the GC on it.

That's reason enough to keep it though, until the memory gets wiped on it.

#15 3 years ago

Funhouse since 2000. Because it just never gets old for me. I can return to it year after year. I think it's just a perfectly balanced game - many other games tend to have a dominant strategy. Also the theme, art, and sound is timeless.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Getaway! Though right now it is on tour. It has been at my girlfriends house, and it has been loaned out a couple of times. Right now it is with a friend and he is keeping it warm. Sometime down the road it will be back at my house and I will play the crap out of it for a while, then it will go back on tour. It is just a great little game. I had toyed around with selling it a while back, but I just couldn't. I've never seen one on location that played anything like mine does, which is why I just can't get rid of it.

My getaway is also on loan...I use it to try to bring others into the hobby...

For me it is my MET pro...my first NIB almost 3 years ago...I still have it because it is a kick ass game, the best stern has produced to date...

#17 3 years ago

Baby Pacman! First because it's not mine to sell, and second, because there is no one on earth that values that game as high as I do. Haha. I have had it for just about 3 years.

#18 3 years ago

Addams Family. As a child on paper route I pumped so many quarters into it.

#19 3 years ago

BK2K--because my wife loves it. Twenty other games have come and gone while it's stayed. I love BK2K as well, but keeping it around specifically for my wife helps her to tolerate me buying and selling other games. I wish sometimes I had kept LOTR as well, because that was a favorite of both of ours and she misses it.

#20 3 years ago

BSD...I've had it for 7 years.

The game is both fun AND brutal.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

My getaway is also on loan...I use it to try to bring others into the hobby...

I've always found it to be the easiest game to explain. Stoplights and run from the cops! For some reason people get it, even if it is their first exposure to rules in pinball.

#22 3 years ago

Taxi: just pure pinball fun.

#23 3 years ago

Cyclone: just pure pinball fun.

#24 3 years ago

Solar City, first pin purchased, will most likely not sell it.

#25 3 years ago

3 actually - Funhouse, Twilight Zone and Banzai Run. I bought all 3 in the same year - 1998 and they have been around ever since. That Lawlor jackpot shot off the 3rd flipper is pure dope!

#26 3 years ago

shadow. it kicked my ass with some challenging problems so I know it quite well but more importantly... it's a shadow

#27 3 years ago

dr dude it was my first

#28 3 years ago

whirlwind... really started my love of pinball

#29 3 years ago

CV, first pinball machine I ever owned....and don't plan on it ever leaving the collection

#30 3 years ago

Indiana Jones (Wms).

The first pinball machine I ever purchased.

Not only does it rock, I can never buy another "first pin ever".

#31 3 years ago

I've had my AFM since 1999. Favourite game of all time. No reason to ever sell it.

#32 3 years ago

RBG, first project pin.
    Can't get enough of the lady calling out 'your good !!!!'

#33 3 years ago

1967 Bally Surfers, bought in 1971 when I was 13 years old. In good condition, pretty fun player, reminder of the past, tons of reasons, but it was the first. It might not be the last to go if I had to liquidate, but I'd say it would be in the final two.

I don't even play it much now, but I just can't let it go. Too many memories involved with that game.

#34 3 years ago

Space Station, My first and will never leave my house!

#35 3 years ago

Copied and pasted from my Saga on my profile page...

Fast forward a year or two, at another bowling alley (no age restriction at this one) a friend of mine's Mom worked there, so we went to see her after school one day. I met my future hubby there...While we were dating, we played lots of pinball. Space Shuttle, and Black Knight are two that I specifically remember...Black knight was removed, but SS stayed, and we played it alot!

After we got married, we got away from pinball for a few years (late 80's and all of the 90's). We had kids, and no time or money to drop in location games. Fast forward to 2000. We were house hunting, and our new house was gonna have a basement for our pool table (family heirloom from hubby) and we came back to pinball...found E-bay...and realized that you could have a pinball like the ones we remembered in your house. So in 2001 when we moved in, we got our first pin, Williams Space Shuttle...Still have it, it was the first game I restored and it will not be leaving anytime soon!

That was the beginning...we decided that our one pin looked lonely, and we needed another one to go with it. And that if we got another one, we would still have one to play while we restored the SS... So we got another, and another, and another.......

Although I'm not really a seller, I/We still have most of the games we have ever bought... A few have left, but most once they are here they stay!!

Phoebe

#36 3 years ago

Same basic story
    once I buy a pin
    I rarely let it go.
    Still have the 1st pin that I bought in '93
    a WMS Laser Cue.
    2nd pin was S/S Mata Hari
    and that one is currently set up in my pinball basement.

#37 3 years ago

'78 Joker Poker &
    '79 Pinball Pool

Both are early solid state Gottlieb - System 1 machines.
    Both have a lot of drop targets. Just good old classic pinball.

Love the rule set, game play, and artwork on Joker Poker.

Pinball Pool has behaved well over past 5 years.
    Brought it to last three Texas Pinball Festivals and also once to Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo set on free play.
    It also saw a lot of action in IFPA 2016 Louisiana State Pinball Championship Tournament
    No breakdowns or repairs.
    One feature on PP that was pretty cool for 1979 is "remo-trip".
    Knocking down even numbered targets also automatically knock downs a certain even numbered target on opposite side target bank.

Will be hard to get rid of either of those.

#38 3 years ago

Metallica, favorite band ultimate theme. Did I mention Sterns best to date

#39 3 years ago

My Haunted House.

My wife and I used to play a HH at Salisbury Beach MA when HH was new and on route. (You do the math on how long ago that was).

So when I started getting into pins so many years/decades ago, the first pin my wife wanted me to get was a HH. So I got her one for her birthday sometime in the early 90's (not her early 90's sheesh).

I found it 2 states away, in a farmhouse, on the second floor with stairways/landings about 28' wide. We had to totally disassemble it to get it out, one playfield at a time.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

It was my first pin

Quoted from pmWolf:

The first pinball machine I ever purchased

Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

we got our first pin

Your first pin is a pretty big deal and usually a keeper and special for more than just gameplay. My first pin and the longest lasting in my collection is WH20. I remembered playing it at the bowling alley in High School and I had to recapture the memories and get one for the home. Now I have sentimental attachment to it.

#41 3 years ago

CFTBL wife won't let me sell it. She never plays but says that is her game and not ever for sale.

#42 3 years ago

Harlem Globetrotters was my first machine and it will be the last to leave someday. We're celebrating 20 years this year since I purchased the game back on August 10th, 1996. Its out lasted 573 other pins that have come and many are gone. Its one of those classic games that has a little bit of everything.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#43 3 years ago

It's funny that the reason we all buy these special pins is rarely the reason we end up keeping them. I bought BK because I played it a lot on location. It was an all-night place we'd go to for breakfast after closing down the Burger King, usually around 2am. Playing BK while reeking of BK was a great memory for me, but that was just the lure. Once I had it for a few years I kept it because it was still fun to play, and the art is beautiful.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I've had my AFM since 1999. Favourite game of all time. No reason to ever sell it.

If I had the money to only afford one machine, it'd probably be this. I play one on location, and despite being the clear best at it, I still always come back to it to one up myself. First it was Rule the Universe. Then it was getting grand champ (34B). Then it was RTU twice in one game, and most recently my goal has been to turn it over...I can't say for sure what keeps me coming back to the game that I've mastered, but I pump quarters into it like a sucker anyway

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Black Knight, bought in 1998. It was my first pin, and I bought it the year my only son was born.
    When my son was younger, he said we ought to sell it because he liked the newer games better. But around the age of 12 he decided that it had strong sentimental value for him, because he grew up with it. He's 17 now, and he'd be really upset if I sold it. Same with LOTR, but only because he has the GC on it.

Your son can't get too upset of you sold that game. I assume he didn't pay for it. I'd say if a kids biggest concern is that his parent sold one expensive toy (that wasn't his anyway) to get another, the kid has a great life.

#46 3 years ago

Twilight Zone, My first "higher end "purchase. I hardly play it these days but I don't think I will ever find another better. Right about the time I think of letting it go I play a game and change my mind.

#47 3 years ago

That would have to be GTB Lady Robin Hood, it was my first pin (my uncle bought it new in 1948, gave it to me in 1972) and I still have it.

Steve

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

CV, first pinball machine I ever owned....and don't plan on it ever leaving the collection

CV was my first B/W in 2005.If I sold it I would miss it and would never pursue another in today's market especially in AUS.

#49 3 years ago

20 Years on Tommy?

Why? I havent beaten it yet! Darn!

#50 3 years ago

scared stiff
    I can't repeat on here what my
    Daughter said she'd do to me if i sold it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 89.99
    $ 15.00
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside