55 days ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by Gotemwill
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

577D1258-1513-415C-A28C-F1E955B58D46 (resized).jpeg
    Rainbow (resized).png
    image-9 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

#1 55 days ago

Eating xmas breakfast with family and my step brother recalls a game he used to play at a lake camp grounds game room that has a guy panning for gold on the back glass. He thought it was Prospector but its definitely not that game. I thought he was referring to the El Dorado style gottliebs but its not those either? He says the guy is specifically panning for gold on it? Anyone know of this game??? Its driving us nuts now trying to find it.

#2 55 days ago

Klondike is the closest I can come up with although the prospector's pan is still hanging on his horse.

#4 54 days ago

Prospector? But surely he would of remembered the Laurel & Hardy images.

#5 54 days ago

#6 54 days ago

Jackpot (4 player export)

Gold Rush (4 player domestic USA)

Klondike (single player replay USA)

Yukon (single player add-a-ball)

#7 54 days ago

This is way too funny. I’ve thought about posting on the exact same topic for years.

My brothers and I remember playing a pinball machine in my neighbors basement that had a guy panning for gold on it. I seem to remember him being in the lower left hand corner, crouched down and looking like an old cowboy. I was too young to remember any other details but my older brother says it was definitely an EM and possibly multi player.

We have searched for years and never found anything close to what we remember. The one we remember is not any of the ones suggested above.

#8 54 days ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

in my neighbors basement that had a guy panning for gold on it. I seem to remember him being in the lower left hand corner, crouched down and looking like an old cowboy.

Lower left corner is something I recall. With a pointy people art work, possibly a black and or green cabinet.

#9 54 days ago

Klondike

#10 54 days ago

Bally Prospector
    Sonic Prospector

image-9 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
    #11 54 days ago

Depends on how old he is. Gottlieb Rainbow?

Rainbow (resized).png
    #12 52 days ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Jackpot (4 player export)
    Gold Rush (4 player domestic USA)
    Klondike (single player replay USA)
    Yukon (single player add-a-ball)

There's also "Yukon Special".

#13 52 days ago

Never mind. Missed that it was already posted lol....

What era are we looking at?

#14 52 days ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

This is way too funny. I’ve thought about posting on the exact same topic for years.
    My brothers and I remember playing a pinball machine in my neighbors basement that had a guy panning for gold on it. I seem to remember him being in the lower left hand corner, crouched down and looking like an old cowboy. I was too young to remember any other details but my older brother says it was definitely an EM and possibly multi player.
    We have searched for years and never found anything close to what we remember. The one we remember is not any of the ones suggested above.

We are in the same boat here.
    I appreciate everyone posting different machines. None of them seem to be it tho.

Memory is the worst thing about our brains, it more than likely could be one of these games but the minds eye can be misleading after 20 years.

If anymore games can be referenced please post, if we figure out what game it was I’ll be sure to post it!

#15 52 days ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Depends on how old he is. Gottlieb Rainbow?[quoted image]

Those are some Hot Cowgirls.

#16 52 days ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Memory is the worst thing about our brains, it more than likely could be one of these games but the minds eye can be misleading after 20 years.

So you remember playing in the mid/late 80s?

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Those are some Hot Cowgirls.

Yea! Gold will bring out the skin..

#17 52 days ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

So you remember playing in the mid/late 80s?

Yea! Gold will bring out the skin..

I never played it, he was describing it and was talking about wanting to get a game. So I looked up prospector to see if it was the game and then was going to look for games for sale. I showed him the game and he said that’s not it. Described the back glass, thought it was called prospector, said they guy was panning for gold but the art on Prospector wasn’t it and the it’s the not playfield. Everything he was describing wasn’t anything I could find. So I figured I’d see if anyone else might know. I keep texting him all the games everyone is posting and it’s not the game. He has a good memory and described Night Rider perfectly which was the game next to it. But this other game with a gold miner isn’t turning up a match.

The playfield has drop targets as another clue.

#18 52 days ago

Being next to Night Rider and a drop target machine, seems most likely it
    was a 3" flipper game..
    Does he recall if it was a Single or Multi Player?

#19 51 days ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Memory is the worst thing about our brains

No doubt. I struggled for a long time trying to remember what game I played in a donut shop when I was 6 or 7 years old.

All I remembered is it had a big square backbox, it was the late 60s, had a couple of rollover buttons in the middle of the playfield, and mostly it was green and blue in color.

Then it occurred to me, it has to be Pit Stop, a game I already own.

#20 51 days ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Described the back glass, thought it was called prospector, said they guy was panning for gold but the art on Prospector wasn’t it

Could it be a trick of the mind? Is there a gun shooting game with a prospector on the backglass?

#21 51 days ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Could it be a trick of the mind? Is there a gun shooting game with a prospector on the backglass?

i imagine there is but this was definitely a pinball. Now im wondering if we can find old family pics at this place with it in the background or something.

#22 51 days ago

I just came across this 1970 Pasini Old Gold that is the closest thing to what my brothers and I remember playing. It’s absolutely crazy to think that this Italian made machine would have been in a Pennsylvania basement in the early 90s. Is it possible that the artwork was inspired by some other USA made machine? Unfortunately IPDB does not have any pics of the playfield, although I remember nothing about that part.

OP - I would be very interested whether step brother has the same immediate reaction to it that we did.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5948

577D1258-1513-415C-A28C-F1E955B58D46 (resized).jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside