(Topic ID: 224767)

What game has a girl in a yellow bathing suit? (Updated 9/13)

By chiefbrody

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wiredoug
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-5 (resized).jpg
    image-16 (resized).jpg
    image-7 (resized).jpg
    image-3 (resized).jpg
    15370213734951162487078 (resized).jpg
    pleasure isle (resized).jpg
    surfer_1 (resized).jpg
    image-2 (resized).jpg
    Black Gold (resized).jpg
    Black Gold 2 (resized).jpg
    Black Gold 4 (resized).jpg
    Gin CC (resized).jpg
    bjlack-fever (resized).jpg
    Beach Club (resized).jpg
    1910-Underwood-ArchivesGetty-Images-2 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chiefbrody.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi folks -

My dad taught me the enjoyment of pinball in the 1970's - I was a teenager and he was recently retired USAF, I was staying with him for a few months at his little house in Panama City Beach where we would walk to the local arcade with a few quarters in hand. He would pick a machine, drop a coin, and within a few minutes I would hear the POP of games being won. Once he had built up a few credits, I would get to play - a terrific way to spend a summer.

He turns 80 in October - still in decent physical health and his mind is clear for which we are all grateful. Still enjoys pinball, and even though he is in North Carolina and I'm in Texas, we've managed to stay connected in some ways through pinball. I've had a few friends from here travel to Asheville and go play with him, and he's been here to play at our local spots.

So - backstory complete, he has asked several times over the last few years about a machine he remembers playing back in the 70's that was his favorite - it featured a lady in a yellow bathing suit on the cover. I know - not a lot to go on, but he's 80, so I'm proud of him for remembering that much. I'd like to figure out which machine it was - maybe get him a backglass or something featuring that machine - but first I need to figure out which one it was.

Any clues are appreciated - at this point you know what I know - probably 1978 or earlier, likely made in the 70's - and the girl would be prominent on the backglass, but not necessarily the only thing.

thanks - and if we figure it out, I'll post what we do for his birthday.

#18 5 years ago

What a tremendous response - thanks to everyone, especially those that took the time to post pictures.

I'm working on getting these in front of my dad to see if one triggers his memory - if it is one of these (or if we figure out which one it was some other way) I will post the result on here. His birthday party is late October -

again - thank you folks.

#22 5 years ago

So here is an update:
    tonight I talked to the Old Man - he lives in Asheville, so sort of in the line of the hurricane, but he lives on the side of a mountain, and isn't too worried. Plus he's almost 80 - so he's not too worried...

I told him about my pinball friends that were trying to find the pinball machine he used to play, he told he he always liked pinball players....and he remembered a couple of details that I'm relaying them here. I've looked at the suggestions posted so far, and I don't see the match - so I'm hoping that the addition of the details may jog someone's memory.

Detail 1 - he's pretty sure it was an EM (think's he remembers the credit being a black number on a white background) not a big surprise considering timing;
    Detail 2 - he's almost certain the lady was wearing a full size bathing suit - not a bikini; and most telling
    Detail 3 - he remembered that on the left side of the playfield there was a slot or lane (not sure what to call it) where you could hit the ball, either backhand from the left flipper or from the right flipper and if the ball went all the way up, you could score good points - maybe collect bonus, he wasn't sure about what the reward was, but that was one of the keys to scoring free games (which I do remember he was very good at).

so that's what I've got folks - to recap - was a game in an arcade on the Panama City Beach in the mid 1970's - so probably late 60's to mid 70's. Had a lady in a yellow full size bathing suit, and the lane or slot on the left side of the playfield. Thanks in advance detectives! If someone on here figures this out, I will find some way to reward you.

Marc

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chiefbrody.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-has-a-girl-in-a-yellow-bathing-suit?tu=chiefbrody and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.