(Topic ID: 271622)

What game do you never find in good condition?

By pinaholic

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200302_165941457 (resized).jpg
    12032 (resized).jpeg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Sorcerer is onre game that I never see without some wear on the playfield down to bare wood and Dimension cabinets are always beat up. This is easily the nicest of the 3 I've had and I don't know if I've seen nicer. Any thoughts?

12032 (resized).jpeg12032 (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

Time Fantasy and Black Knight.
    Any GOOD machine from the 80s always got the shit played out of it

#3 3 years ago

Flash Gordon

#4 3 years ago

High Speed.

#5 3 years ago

Stargate

#6 3 years ago

Data East Batman

#8 3 years ago

Bad cats

taxi

#9 3 years ago

Any game on route in the Florida panhandle.

#10 3 years ago

Earth Shaker. Those always seem to be blown out.

#11 3 years ago

Space Shuttle for sure, F14 always has bare inserts, and Flash/Gorgar always seem to be worn to wood in the center.

#12 3 years ago

Party Zones always seemed to be trashed. Game was designed to fall apart.

It's rare to find a pre-early 1990 Data East game were the cabinet isn't falling apart, shedding paint, various cracks in fastening points etc.

#13 3 years ago

Space Shuttle, Kiss and Space Invaders.

#14 3 years ago

A lot of System 80’s have playfield wear.

#15 3 years ago

funhouse, comet, BOP

#16 3 years ago

I agree with Taxi and Flash Gordon

#17 3 years ago

Batman DE

#18 3 years ago

Raised inserts on FishTails.

#20 3 years ago

Embryon and Grand Lizard.

#21 3 years ago

Pretty much any system 11 that hasn't been restored.

#22 3 years ago

Funhouse

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Data East Batman

This has to be the winner.

Mata Hari is always messed

Data East Simpsons is always gross too.

#24 3 years ago

DE Batman
    Grand Lizard (the upper playfield is always a mess)
    Elektra (once again, the upper playfield)

#25 3 years ago

Kiss (Bally)
    Has the Highest price to Playfield wear ratio of any pin...

#26 3 years ago

All of those system 9 games got played to death. It’s hard to find them not blown out.

#27 3 years ago

Avengers.

#28 3 years ago

High Speeds always seem rough

#29 3 years ago

Scared Stiff. Premium money for some pretty worn games that I’ve seen.

#30 3 years ago

Silverball mania

#31 3 years ago

EBD

#32 3 years ago

Phantom of the opera always seems to have pretty rough play fields or burnt inserts.

#33 3 years ago

bally space invaders play fields are always trashed

#34 3 years ago

Addams Family on location.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

Sorcerer is onre game that I never see without some wear on the playfield down to bare wood

First thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title.

#36 3 years ago

Sorcerer

#37 3 years ago

Space shuttle and fire power.

#38 3 years ago
    IMG_20200302_165941457 (resized).jpgIMG_20200302_165941457 (resized).jpg
    #39 3 years ago

I never saw a TBL in person that wasn't broken down. I went to 3 separate shows and the game was out of service every time.

#40 3 years ago

Most recent Sterns.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

Sorcerer is onre game that I never see without some wear on the playfield down to bare wood and Dimension cabinets are always beat up. This is easily the nicest of the 3 I've had and I don't know if I've seen nicer. Any thoughts?
    [quoted image]

Kind of agree about "Dimension" cabinets, but I've seen quite a few better than that one! "Subway"/"Cross Town" and "Diamond Jack" also always seem to have bad cabinets. "Free Fall" is the toughest EM to find in good overall condition. It's usually the playfield, the backglass or the cabinet. Usually, all three.

#42 3 years ago

I am absolutely baffled by the fact of how hard it is to find an Adams Family in decent shape for a decent price. They made 20,270 of them and 19,980 are all beat? What gives? I am holding onto hope that 10,000 are sitting in basements as pristine HUO's ready for the kids to go to college and yard sales will begin? I also ponder why PPS/CGC have not started churning out Adams Family machines yet? Talk about cash cow-what gives? If I was PPS/CGC I would look into getting Adams Family on the line ASAP.

#43 3 years ago

I'll be a bit more general and say early SS Bally pins. All I've owned have had more than
    usual PF wear. Paragon, Evil Knevil, KISS, Lost World as well as others. Was it a quality
    issue with the PF's (and faded cabinets) or were they played more than others?
    Steve

#44 3 years ago

Solar Fire , Pharaoh

#45 3 years ago

Williams Fire!

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

All I've owned have had more than
    usual PF wear. Paragon, Evil Knevil, KISS, Lost World as well as others. Was it a quality
    issue with the PF's (and faded cabinets) or were they played more than others?

All the early Bally, Stern and Williams SS games usually have worn PF's. Arcades in 1977-85 were in their heyday and had a lot quarters dropped. A new 1978 Bally Playboy was $1475. 6,000 plays later @ .25 a game it was paid off and the rest was pure profit. Even at 150 plays a day in a busy location (there was one at my college lounge which had lines to play which was easily twice that) game was a real money maker.

Then after Bally made massive money on high volume titles like Eight Ball, Playboy, Paragon, SBM, Xenon and others, in 1980 particle board reared it's ugly head in cabinet construction starting with just the rear cabinet panels. Now in respect, they never realized we'd be anally restoring these games and stuck with swollen crap particle board.

#47 3 years ago

Taxi is usually pretty worn. System 6/7 usually are worn down to wood in spots (Firepower, Gorgar, Jungle Lord). Centaur are usually down to the wood too.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Scared Stiff. Premium money for some pretty worn games that I’ve seen.

Mine is a 9.9, I even fixed it recently and played it a little.

#49 3 years ago

Flash, Bally Kiss always seem to have trashed play fields.

#50 3 years ago

Anybody have pics of worn down to the wood playfields to share?

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-do-you-never-find-in-good-condition-/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.