(Topic ID: 290626)

What game did you hate, but ended up liking?

By Shredso

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

There are very few, if any modern games that really deserve the hate title. I like pinball and can find something I like about almost any game. I try to reserve judgement until I've owned the game and can really experience it. There are a bunch of games that didn't do much for me on location so I won't pay full price. I'll wait for a deal, or a broken game so when I go to sell it if I don't like it I won't lose too much money. I never cared for Game of Thrones on location. I didn't understand it, and it wasn't that fun to shoot. After owning it for awhile (I got a decent deal on a routed premium) it's really not that complicated at all and is a great game. My first impressions of Willy Wonka were similar. I just wasn't crazy about it when I played it at the Pintastic show. I played in on location in a less busy environment and really enjoyed it. I bought one and it's a fantastic game. It isn't a "slot machine". I still don't completely understand it, but it's an amazing flow machine. I've had a rule that if I'm pretty sure I won't lose money and I have room, I'll buy the game to get a real opinion of the game and I don't think it's ever let me down. What games did you foolishly write off and end up liking?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-did-you-hate-but-ended-up-liking?tu=Shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.