(Topic ID: 324587)

What game could be blown up the fastest?

By KneeKickLou

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Just a thought I had to see if some rules experts would want to chime in.

If you theoretically could hit every shot you were aiming for what game has the absolute fastest way to "blow it up"?

I think I remember seeing Karl put up a 1bil Iron Maiden game in less than 5 minutes chasing some crazy jackpot value.

#2 1 year ago

BSD….30million shots!

#3 1 year ago

Ghostbusters. 6x scoring and a few ramps to max protonpack at 74M and cash out almost 500M. Some pretty serious damage pretty fast.

#4 1 year ago

No Fear can escalate pretty quickly.

#5 1 year ago

Attack from Mars

#6 1 year ago

#7 1 year ago

Mando! BOOM

#8 1 year ago

There was a thread about this a while back that explained in 7 shots you could hit a super jackpot on a game... forum search!

#9 1 year ago

Depends on the amount of explosives you have. Definitely an early game though. Something from the 30s as they often dont have a back box and are light on mechs.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

If you theoretically could hit every shot you were aiming for what game has the absolute fastest way to "blow it up"?
    I think I remember seeing Karl put up a 1bil Iron Maiden game in less than 5 minutes chasing some crazy jackpot value.

T2...you could get a super jackpot in under a minute.

#11 1 year ago

Dr Who, start MB ASAP, shoot 6 loops then plow through the jackpots at 4X playfield. Get through 5 levels (2 Dalek, 3 Davros) and you're 2B+ with 1.2B SJ from there on out.

#12 1 year ago

Pretty much any 90s game where the majority of the points come from a multiball that only requires 3 locks to start and then has repeatable jackpots.
    Also thinking about the Bowen tutorials, The Shadow and STTNG have the building value loop shots, he gets a very high score in both very quickly showing those strategies. Called the Picard maneuver in Star Trek don’t remember what it’s called in The Shadow, I rarely get to play that on location unfortunately!

#13 1 year ago

Swords of Fury:
    3 left orbits
    Right ramp
    Hit the flashing drop

LIONMAN!

#14 1 year ago

TWD. A lot of your points are in modes and hitting a valuble X shot.

#15 1 year ago

You can go pretty fast from plunging the ball to collecting super jackpots on Fish Tales.

#16 1 year ago

HSII

Once you get to 4th gear award the supercharger loops add up really fast if you can keep passing the ball over after each shot and your getting more points than a jackpot.

#17 1 year ago

i think it was dark knight that had the ability to score a billion in like 6-7 shots

#18 1 year ago

Mando can escalate really quickly with all three playfield multipliers activated.

#19 1 year ago

Avengers IQ. You start Super Combos and shoot a continuous combo sequence, where the combo value keeps escalating on every shot with no limit, plus combo jackpots and Binary hurryups. Rayday has a video where he does that to 7 billion in about five minutes. This was on older code before he added a limiter that disables the Capt Marvel - Widow combo, but it's still possible with the sequence of Capt Marvel - Tower - Hawkeye - Widow - Capt Marvel that has no limiter, or the limiter can be turned off in the adjustments.

Stern Star Wars can also hit billions in a few minutes, if making any shot you want also involves regaining control quickly off the 3-bank. The fastest blowup would probably be to do that to max the multiplier, and spam the Force targets straight to Lightsaber Duel, which can score 2.7B playing as Luke.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i think it was dark knight that had the ability to score a billion in like 6-7 shots

That was the right orbit hurry up that can be repeatedly doubled over and over until you fail or cash it out.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

There was a thread about this a while back that explained in 7 shots you could hit a super jackpot on a game... forum search!

This was probably Gilligan's Island. With a couple nice bounces, you could hit the wizard mode in literally a dozen flips or less. Once there, the scoring is crazy off balance with 50 mil jackpots compared to almost no point scoring during normal game play.

#21 1 year ago

With some luck, you can get the billion point shot on BOP with 11 shots.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

BSD….30million shots!

Yep, have to agree with this...BSD can get crazy fast if you know how and "Can" do it.

#23 1 year ago

Police Force middle ramp unlimited millions.

#24 1 year ago

Even TFTC can get crazy fast.

#25 1 year ago

Theoretically you could get over a billion in 10 shots on Bride of Pinbot.

#26 1 year ago

I can't believe nobody is mentioning cyclone. You can score up to 4 million in three (very difficult) shots, under proper conditions.

#27 1 year ago

You can blow up STTNG with warp ramps pretty fast. If you start at warp 4 and can hit the left spinner and warp ramp a few times in a row you get 10 million a spin, plus you enter warp 9 with very high points... and a lit extra ball.

#28 1 year ago

Any decent coder will playtest the bejeezus out of a game, identifying exploits and weaknesses in the gameplay. There should be no easy path to victory in any well-designed pinball game.

#29 1 year ago

Yes, but the thread isn't about an easy path in any realistic context, it's about hypothetically if you were to never miss a shot.

T2's super jackpot was mentioned, but there's another route in that game too, the chase loop million-plus. It adds a million for every consecutive shot with no limit. If you could really loop it endlessly without missing, 100 shots would reach 5 billion total, and at three seconds per shot that's five minutes. Some players have actually done this (a bit more slowly) in the Pinball Arcade virtual version.

#30 1 year ago

Didn’t Bowen just shoot a ramp all game long on Earthshaker and make the game simple and boring?

#31 1 year ago

The getaway
    T2
    Attack from Mars
    Dr who
    Most DMD Gottliebs
    my BSD non lighting bolt flippers and mist not working so it gives 2 balls when shooting for mist straight away
    Big guns

#32 1 year ago

Surprised no mention of RBION

It only takes me 20 minutes to score 15 million

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I can't believe nobody is mentioning cyclone. You can score up to 4 million in three (very difficult) shots, under proper conditions.

Proper conditions being that 4 million has been on the board which takes a long time to accrue at 5k per rollover hit. This backglass jackpot accrues over numerous games if no one collects it.

I have a Cyclone in the shop now, I have collected the jackpot a few times by deliberately "exploiting" the fact a new game always starts out with 1.5 million points if the jackpot has been collected in a previous game.

1.5 million is a tidy sum to start. It resets to 500,000 points during the current game so of limited value after.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from switch3:

Ghostbusters. 6x scoring and a few ramps to max protonpack at 74M and cash out almost 500M. Some pretty serious damage pretty fast.

If we are focusing on modern Sterns...

I achieved a 1.4 billion collect on Ghostbusters video mode very early on ball 2 in competition... No reason it could not be done on ball one, much faster. It was the most insane risk ever but I feel like it was the only way I could catch my opponents quickly.

On Game of Thrones, I have put up some crazy ball ones with factory default settings before. ChuckWurt's GOT tutorials show you a lot of different paths to get into the billions rather quickly, especially if you don't miss a shot.

If your question is just in general with factory settings, Dr. Who was mentioned. After a couple minutes you could honestly have over 10 billion if you don't miss a single shot, while using playfield X's.

Whitewater 3X jackpots over and over, 10 Bil+ might be possible even faster though... never missing a left ramp over and over. You can definitely start MB in under a minute on that game, just need a couple of double green standup target bounces into lit lock.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

If we are focusing on modern Sterns...
    I achieved a 1.4 billion collect on Ghostbusters video mode very early on ball 2 in competition... No reason it could not be done on ball one, much faster. It was the most insane risk ever but I feel like it was the only way I could catch my opponents quickly.

Video mode isn't one of the skill shots anymore and you need to collect 40 ghosts to light it. It's also maxed out at 480M if you complete it with 6x scoring.

#36 1 year ago

Doodle bug, get the 1000s going and boom!

#37 1 year ago

Fishtales. 8 shots for a quick 50 million or 11 shots for a 100 million and extra ball.

50 million. 7 boat ramps and a spinner shot to catch monster fish, plus a fish finder reward.

100 million. 1 right outlane shot to progress cast. 2 captive ball shots. 7 boat ramps and a spinner shot. Catch monster fish and complete a perfect video mode.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

Even TFTC can get crazy fast.

What steps were you thinking tho? Monster jackpot or jackpot spins can be pretty rewarding, but that is still opening the crypt essentially twice which is quite a few difficult shots.

Frenzy is a lot of wood chopping on the left ramp.

The mode rewards are not going to blow it up...

#39 1 year ago

In the Prem. BKSOR, you can get some crazy quadruple super catapult jackpot.

off the launch, 1 shot for each catapult lock starts catapult MB.
    All completed shots during the MB are good for 250k (jackpot)
    You'll need to hit the catapult lock switch 3 times during this MB.
    You could stack this with the triple knight MB for 6 balls to rack up jackpots more quickly.

If during the MB, let's say you can keep it going for a while.. let's say you could complete 200 shots, anything counts pretty much.

If you then are able to make it up the catapult (I usually leave my AAB option open for this, as the launch basically stages the shot you need on the upper PF), you would collect:
    250k*200 (your jackpots)*4 (quadrupled) for a jackpot of 200m. (this is on top of the 50m you already gained from jackpots)

It is quite a funny jackpot actually.. as initially, when I'd collect it after only a few shots, you hear SR screaming quadruple super jackpot, and it is a measly few mill.. but yes.. with a decent MB.. the jackpot can be obscene.

Of course, this all requires MANY shots.. but it can be achieved quite quickly in the scheme of SOR scoring.

-------

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Didn’t Bowen just shoot a ramp all game long on Earthshaker and make the game simple and boring?

You can score a ton of points on Earthshaker just by shooting the center ramp over and over again, in addition to lighting either extra ball twice or extra ball and special; in fact that center ramp could arguably be a strategy unto itself.

It's simple (and arguably boring) but one slip up and you can quite easily lose the ball.

The equivalent shot on Whirlwind isn't quite as egregious, thankfully.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Mata Hari is arguably pretty easy to blow up if set to liberal A-B lanes and novelty mode. Loop A-B seven times, get 100,000, then every other A-B gets 50,000. The drop targets will also score 100,000 (50,000 + 50,000 for special). If A-B lanes are set to conservative, the drop targets then become the most viable strategy with novelty scoring (unless you can live with a puny 5,000 points per A-B completion).

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from skquinn:

You can score a ton of points on Earthshaker just by shooting the center ramp over and over again, in addition to lighting either extra ball twice or extra ball and special; in fact that center ramp could arguably be a strategy unto itself.
    It's simple (and arguably boring) but one slip up and you can quite easily lose the ball.
    The equivalent shot on Whirlwind isn't quite as egregious, thankfully.

After seeing Bowen’s PAPA Earthshaker tutorial I have never bothered to ever play the machine. Haha. Oops. Ruined it for me somehow.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Avengers IQ. You start Super Combos and shoot a continuous combo sequence, where the combo value keeps escalating on every shot with no limit, plus combo jackpots and Binary hurryups. Rayday has a video where he does that to 7 billion in about five minutes. This was on older code before he added a limiter that disables the Capt Marvel - Widow combo, but it's still possible with the sequence of Capt Marvel - Tower - Hawkeye - Widow - Capt Marvel that has no limiter, or the limiter can be turned off in the adjustments.
    Stern Star Wars can also hit billions in a few minutes, if making any shot you want also involves regaining control quickly off the 3-bank. The fastest blowup would probably be to do that to max the multiplier, and spam the Force targets straight to Lightsaber Duel, which can score 2.7B playing as Luke.

I will never know rules on any pin like some of you do, so upvote for being good enough to get deep into a pin lol especially Avengers!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-could-be-blown-up-the-fastest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.