Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

So I've almost got my triple action done and when I was redoing a cold solder joint it fell off well I forgot to unplug the machine and it touched a negative wire and since I had the wrong size fuses in it, it blew a coil. So does anyone know what fuses go in it and the voltage and amps of them and does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy them is?

#2 5 years ago

If it's a glass tube with metal caps on the end fuse. It should be marked on one of the sides of the metal cap.

Auto parts store or hardware store might have them. No idea on cheapest, especially if you have to pay shipping.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

I know they where glass fusses but what size like amps and volt?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Tripleaction_22:

I know they where glass fusses but what size like amps and volt?

It should say on one of the ends.

#5 5 years ago

I don't have the correct fuses as is I'm ordering new ones and don't know what ones are correct and what ones are not .

#6 5 years ago

They should be labeled on the fuse holder. Is the label missing?

The values are also listed on the schematic, you'll just need to match the wire colors up to tell which is which

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Tripleaction_22:

I don't have the correct fuses as is I'm ordering new ones and don't know what ones are correct and what ones are not .

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#8 5 years ago

Home Depot stocks a wide assortment of slow blowing BUS fuses, a great brand. You'll pay twice what the pinball parts companies charge but; you won't have to pay S&H, and you can pick them up today and get you game back up and running today.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

slow blowing BUS fuses, a great brand.

Don't use slow blowing fuses unless the game specifically calls for them.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Don't use slow blowing fuses unless the game specifically calls for them.

Yeah, generally EMs don't it seems?

Even with the correct fast blow fuse I find I tend to melt coils before the fuses blow. They could probably do with some under-fusing really.

#11 5 years ago

Ok I ordered all my fuses in sets of 5 so my total was 26.95 so thank you guys for the help !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-fuses-do-i-need and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.