Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JayDee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2772 (resized).JPG
    DFoIYexU0AALvZs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grandnational007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

In all seriousness, why wouldn't Venmo work?

It's instant. It's un-reversible. It's free.

(not sure if there is a maximum amount to be sent/received, but I haven't hit that threshold yet buying and selling some bigger ticket items when cash was inconvenient.)

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

I have never looked into it but I will be! Probably depends on how familiar with it people are unless you can send direct to a routing number.
    Thanks
    Blake

You can't send direct to a routing number; rather, you send/receive to/from a verified venmo account, that MUST be linked to a bank account. Thusly, venmo is the in-between, and I'm imagining, makes money from people who don't immediately transfer their venmo balance to their bank account. (It takes 1 business day to transfer from your venmo account to your bank account for free (otherwise, its like a 3% fee to transfer instantly, hence my previous thought...)

I usually leave about $500 in my venmo account (even though transferring from your bank account to your venmo account is instant) just so I can snap up good deals when I see them in another hobby I'm into (where venmo is the preferred payment method). I'm guessing, aggregated over all the other venmo users who have money in their accounts, adds up to real interest money for them.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

Very cool. So its very similar to Paypal but just for money transfers. I will probably be setting up one.
    Thanks
    Blake

Paypal is the parent company, yes, just for transfers. I've used it a bunch with no problems...

And I just looked: The weekly limit is $2999.99. So really only useful/best used for blown out Earthshakers (haha).

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

LOL! Well thanks for the info. That $ amount is right in my wheel house so it works for me.
    Thanks
    Blake

'tis my sweet spot as well. B/C B/W, C Stern, and A- DE/Sega price range, babay!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grandnational007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-form-of-payment-do-you-use-most-at-shows?tu=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.