Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Origin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What finger do you use to play pinball?”

• Index 67 votes
      27%
    • Middle 157 votes
      63%
    • Other 24 votes
      10%

(248 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Scan3.jpg
    jack.gif
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Middle - but does anyone else get a callous on their thumbs from the metal edge of the side rails?

6 years later
    #52 3 years ago

I use both my middle and ring fingers on each side. Am I the only one using their ring finger?

#53 3 years ago

No, ring finger with a bit of middle here. I can play with middle, and need to when i get bruising, but index feels a bit weird.

#54 3 years ago

Interesting question and fun and crazy answers from members! Personaly, I use both my index and middle fingers on each side!

#55 3 years ago

Right hand -> index finger
    Left hand -> middle finger

#56 3 years ago

No joke as soon as I saw this thread title I have to go up to a machine to find out...be right back....

Okay as I thought it's middle.

I think when I started playing pinball I used both index and middle or just index.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from GS2019:

Right hand -> index finger
    Left hand -> middle finger

Are you right handed or left handed? Just curious. This is an answer I wouldn't expect to see. But hey, whatever works right?

#58 3 years ago

I like these old threads brought up out of nowhere for all the people that have come and gone over the years. Did they get out of the hobby or just quit Pinside? I use middle finger on the left and index middle combo on the right. No idea why, probably because I’m right handed and think I need more ooomph on the right side.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Did they get out of the hobby or just quit Pinside?

That's actually a good question. I also wonder if they lost track of their account info and created a new account that they use now. Or maybe they were users that were not very active on Pinside to begin with. I know some people who have some impressive pinball collections and they rarely use or never even have a Pinside account. Just not their thing and that's okay. Maybe some people take breaks. I created an account awhile ago and hardly used it because I took a break from pinball due to a lot of life changes and just didn't have time for pinball. Didn't lose love for it or anything, just not the time or energy. Now things are stronger than ever. I hope that doesn't change again.

#60 3 years ago

I had to check right now myself too to make sure, yup, middle fingers. I think though I might use the index finger of one hand sometimes. Funny how you've been doing something for 45 years and you're still not sure! Have you ever been making a really quick, hard jab at the button and the bezel catches your fingernail? MAN that hurts like hell, especially when it makes me miss the flip, too.

#61 3 years ago

I too use different fingers to press L/R buttons.

If you change it up, it's awkward, just like crossing your arms. Try crossing your arms the other way, it's very awkward too.

#62 3 years ago

mostly middle fingers, sometimes both. Still does not matter, my wife can come in and play a game and kick my butt and walk away ha ha.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I like these old threads brought up out of nowhere for all the people that have come and gone over the years. Did they get out of the hobby or just quit Pinside? I use middle finger on the left and index middle combo on the right. No idea why, probably because I’m right handed and think I need more ooomph on the right side.

Irt wasn't out of nowhwere, i posted a similar thread the other day, what finger do you mash the button with, and besides people taking exception to the word mash (people are funny as fuck) there was a guy who linked to this old thread.

For the record, the reason i ask is i use the ring finger of my right hand and middle finger of my left. The right one gets bruised from my style of play lately, i've tended to slap the buttons a lot. I thought it may be informative for me and maybe i'd change if people overwhelmingly told me they used their index or such.

1 week later
    #64 3 years ago

I use the centre of my index finger (the bend furthest along the finger, the last point where it bends.)

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-finger-do-you-use-to-play-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.