(Topic ID: 146901)

What filler to use for blown out post holes?

By phergott

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KwikWood.jpg
1214151848a.jpg
1214151848.jpg
20150507_082233.jpg
20150506_213602.jpg
1215151942.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballprowess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

I'm sure toothpicks would work because I have heard enough people talk about them.

But even though they probably do... I would go with the bamboo because of better tensile strength.

For myself, I use pieces of popsicle sticks. The wood seems stronger on them than toothpick wood. The last thing you need is to put something in there... and then have the screw 'spin' again when you're tightening it up.

And if you happen to use my method... cut a piece of the stick to completely fill in the hole and then just break it (or cut it) off flush if you've cut it too long. It's not that hard to get the screw started again in the middle. Sometimes I'll use an ice pick to make a little pilot hole but usually you won't have to do this.

And maybe all popsicle sticks are not created equal??... the ones I have are fairly rigid and strong and don't need glue for strength, although I guess it wouldn't hurt if you wanted to do this too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballprowess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-filler-to-use-for-blown-out-post-holes?tu=Pinballprowess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.