(Topic ID: 252155)

What fast food joint is your favorite hangout?

By cottonm4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nwpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What fast food joint is your favorite hangout? ”

• McDonalds 13 votes
      7%
    • Burger King 8 votes
      4%
    • KFC 7 votes
      4%
    • Popeye 7 votes
      4%
    • Wendy's 14 votes
      8%
    • Whataburger 7 votes
      4%
    • Dairy Queen 8 votes
      4%
    • Sonic 7 votes
      4%
    • Jack in the Box 3 votes
      2%
    • Long John Silver's 1 vote
      1%
    • Arby's 13 votes
      7%
    • Subway 11 votes
      6%
    • Pizza Hut 6 votes
      3%
    • Panda Express 4 votes
      2%
    • Hardees 2 votes
      1%
    • Taco Bell 13 votes
      7%
    • Chipotle 6 votes
      3%
    • Panera 4 votes
      2%
    • 5 Guys 8 votes
      4%
    • Chick-fil-a 35 votes
      19%
    • White Castle 7 votes
      4%

(Multiple choice - 184 votes by 99 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marios-logo-black (resized).png
    20200106_200915 (resized).png
    CFA-not-healthy1 (resized).jpg
    BurgerChef (resized).png
    BurgerChefii (resized).png
    All American Burger Logo From Fast Times at Ridgemont High 1982 (resized).jpg
    220px-Harvey's_logo (resized).png
    D3A010C4-BA65-4175-BBEA-2E6E5C5971D6 (resized).jpeg
    o (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
    FB641F71-F189-403F-B490-3310BCBF5FDF (resized).png
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

What is your go-to fast food. I have added a poll. They are in no particular order. You can make multiple choices. Is your favorite not listed. Let me know and I will add it to the poll.

#2 4 years ago

5 guys? chick fil a?

#3 4 years ago

Subway, KFC, and Arby's.

#4 4 years ago

White Castle

#5 4 years ago

Chipotle

Panera is growing on me. DAMN good salads.. and, they give you FREE extra lettuce if you ask for it. Yes, FREE.

#6 4 years ago

Can I vote more than once? I get a Burger King MEAT Whopper but drive across the street and grab Mcd's french fries!

#7 4 years ago

Not sure how you equate fast food joints with "dives," they are much closer to the sterility of an Apple Store than a dive. Dives have character and grime, fast food joints usually do not.

I avoid fast food except when I'm on the road or in an airport. But man am I sucker for Popeye's. Delicious on the bone fried chicken, and their biscuits and mashed and gravy are great. If I'm in the South (which I am rarely) I may seek out a Bojangles. I think their chicken is even better than popeyes, but the sides are not.

When I was a kid my first job was at KFC. The original recipe ain't bad but I don't think I've actually sought any KFC out since I retired.

Panda express/manchu wok type places are pretty disgusting but at an airport I sometimes just can't help myself.

#8 4 years ago

I used to love Long John’s. They just don’t seem to exist anymore. At least in my part of the country.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure how you equate fast food joints with "dives," they are much closer to the sterility of an Apple Store than a dive. Dives have character and grime, fast food joints usually do not.
    I avoid fast food except when I'm on the road or in an airport. But man am I sucker for Popeye's. Delicious on the bone fried chicken, and their biscuits and mashed and gravy are great. If I'm in the South (which I am rarely) I may seek out a Bojangles. I think their chicken is even better than popeyes, but they sides are not.
    When I was a kid my first job was at KFC. The original recipe ain't bad but I don't think I've actually sought any KFC out since I retired.
    Panda express/manchu wok type places are pretty disgusting but at an airport I sometimes just can't help myself.

Good point. Dive has been changed to "hangout".

Panera and Chipotle have been added to the poll.

I love Popeye's. Red beans and rice here.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Can I vote more than once? I get a Burger King MEAT Whopper but drive across the street and grab Mcd's french fries!

Yes. You can vote more than once.

#11 4 years ago
    FB641F71-F189-403F-B490-3310BCBF5FDF (resized).pngFB641F71-F189-403F-B490-3310BCBF5FDF (resized).png
    #12 4 years ago

For Subs I'm going Dibellas first, although it's not everywhere, and Blimpies.

#13 4 years ago

When I did eat fast food, Burger King was the favorite.

#14 4 years ago

Dibella’s is great.

#15 4 years ago

Took till post 13 for the first "I don't even OWN a TV" .. I mean "I don't even EAT fast food". Longer than I expected.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Took till post 13 for the first "I don't even OWN a TV" .. I mean "I don't even EAT fast food". Longer than I expected.

I'm so tired of the "I don't even own a TV!" gambit.

yeah you don't own a TV but you binge watch netflix on your laptop. Same fuckin thing!!!

#17 4 years ago

From the list, gotta go Hardee's

#18 4 years ago

Hardee’s for breakfast Arby’s for late lunch They both send mailed coupons on a regular basis

#19 4 years ago

Throughout my teen years we always hung out at Frisch's...still a favorite today.
    images.jpeg-1 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Dibella’s is great.

Everything bread or nothin!

#21 4 years ago

Naugles, but these are long gone from California..

#22 4 years ago

We have a great authentic Mexican food counter called Rio Balsas in the liquor store that is in the same parking lot where I work.

The food is super good and relatively cheap and really fast. The guy that runs the liquor store is super cool too, so I'm going to have to say this is the place.

o (resized).jpgo (resized).jpg
    #23 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We have a great authentic Mexican food counter called Rio Balsas in the liquor store that is in the same parking lot where I work.
    The food is super good and relatively cheap and really fast. The guy that runs the liquor store is super cool too, so I'm going to have to say this is the place.[quoted image]

Looks like a DUI convict drove his golf cart there, George Jones style.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like a DUI convict drove his golf cart there..

Old Buddy of mine just got a DUI on a golf cart. Now that's what you call moving to Florida folks.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like a DUI convict drove his golf cart there, George Jones style.

Besides hanging out with you guys, this whole center has all kinds of characters hanging out. If it wasn't for the landlord who is my bosses father in law and has owned the entire center since the 70s, none of this could exist as it is today. Foreigners would come in and price everybody out.

#26 4 years ago

Chipotle, Chik-Fil-A, Jersey Mike’s

#28 4 years ago

Zaxby’s is my go to.

D3A010C4-BA65-4175-BBEA-2E6E5C5971D6 (resized).jpegD3A010C4-BA65-4175-BBEA-2E6E5C5971D6 (resized).jpeg

#29 4 years ago

My Jack In the Box is for the atmosphere at 4 am

#30 4 years ago

Harvey's is the best. However, it's Canadian but around since '59.

"Harvey's makes your hamburger ... a beautiful thing."
    220px-Harvey's_logo (resized).png220px-Harvey's_logo (resized).png

#31 4 years ago

Eating is one thing. Hanging out is another.

All American Burger Logo From Fast Times at Ridgemont High 1982 (resized).jpgAll American Burger Logo From Fast Times at Ridgemont High 1982 (resized).jpg
    #32 4 years ago

The one with the free WiFi...

#33 4 years ago

Back when Taco Bell made all their own food -- fried shells, cooked meat and beans, cut and shredded produce and cheese (yes, hand cut olive slices)......none of the pre-packaged crap they serve today -- I hung out there almost every day.

Of course, they paid me to do that.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Back when Taco Bell made all their own food -- fried shells, cooked meat and beans, cut and shredded produce and cheese (yes, hand cut olive slices)......none of the pre-packaged crap they serve today -- I hung out there almost every day.
    Of course, they paid me to do that.

So, you were like a mascot or something?

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Back in the cinnamon crisps days!

#36 4 years ago

Roy Rogers

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from MD_Pinball_Dude:

So, you were like a mascot or something?

Lol, just an employee.

#38 4 years ago

Atmosphere at Panera is great. Usually eat breakfast there on Sunday. Always looking for one when traveling.

#39 4 years ago

Portillo’s it’s mainly in the Chicago area.

I think they are now by Milwaukee as well,

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Back in the cinnamon crisps days!

Forgot about those.
    They were so good !

#41 4 years ago

Gotta vote White Castle but if it’s a good sub sandwich you want, it’s tough to beat Jersey Mike’s.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

... it’s tough to beat Jersey Mike’s.

Funny I got a buddy that hates that place becasue he's super against the "pointless of cutting meat to order" at a sub place. And he's kind of got a point, this isn't an actual turkey they're cutting it's a processed hunk of bird, so is there really any "freshness" gained from cutting it in front of you?
    I don't really know, but it's a funny position to take.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

Portillo’s it’s mainly in the Chicago area.
    I think they are now by Milwaukee as well,

We've got 2 in the twin cities, awesome food.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Jersey Mike’s.

I love me some sub's, we are just now getting Jersey Mikes near me, very eager to try one.
    The chains seem to come and go. I remember when Quizno's was huge, now the locations that were near here have dwindled. Same with Lenny's, used to be easily 6 around me, now only one, and it isn't that close. But SUBWAY never seem to shut down, bleh.
    Been hitting up Jimmy Johns when the sandwich craving hits of late, so bring on the Jersey Mikes!

#45 4 years ago

Jersey Mike’s is great. Just make sure you tell them to put the oil and vinegar on the side. They put too much on it.

#46 4 years ago

I miss Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips. That's going way back...

#47 4 years ago

Burger Chef anyone...... ?

It was my favorite place as a kid. At one time they were rivaling McDonalds in terms of locations.
    They were very innovative, credited with coming up with 'kids' meals and a burger bar where you added
    your own condiments to your burger! It was a great place to hang out on a summer day, they also had especially
    good shakes.
    BurgerChef (resized).pngBurgerChef (resized).pngBurgerChefii (resized).pngBurgerChefii (resized).png

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Old Buddy of mine just got a DUI on a golf cart. Now that's what you call moving to Florida folks.

#49 4 years ago

Where’s Culver’s on the poll? Free WiFi as well...

#50 4 years ago

Chik-fil-a for sure. We’ve driven 1 hour each way to go there. And right now they’re building one about 1 mile from my house. I may never eat at home again! (except for Sundays)

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-fast-food-joint-is-your-favorite-dive-?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.