(Topic ID: 252155)

What fast food joint is your favorite hangout?

By cottonm4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nwpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What fast food joint is your favorite hangout? ”

• McDonalds 13 votes
      7%
    • Burger King 8 votes
      4%
    • KFC 7 votes
      4%
    • Popeye 7 votes
      4%
    • Wendy's 14 votes
      8%
    • Whataburger 7 votes
      4%
    • Dairy Queen 8 votes
      4%
    • Sonic 7 votes
      4%
    • Jack in the Box 3 votes
      2%
    • Long John Silver's 1 vote
      1%
    • Arby's 13 votes
      7%
    • Subway 11 votes
      6%
    • Pizza Hut 6 votes
      3%
    • Panda Express 4 votes
      2%
    • Hardees 2 votes
      1%
    • Taco Bell 13 votes
      7%
    • Chipotle 6 votes
      3%
    • Panera 4 votes
      2%
    • 5 Guys 8 votes
      4%
    • Chick-fil-a 35 votes
      19%
    • White Castle 7 votes
      4%

(Multiple choice - 184 votes by 99 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marios-logo-black (resized).png
    20200106_200915 (resized).png
    CFA-not-healthy1 (resized).jpg
    BurgerChef (resized).png
    BurgerChefii (resized).png
    All American Burger Logo From Fast Times at Ridgemont High 1982 (resized).jpg
    220px-Harvey's_logo (resized).png
    D3A010C4-BA65-4175-BBEA-2E6E5C5971D6 (resized).jpeg
    o (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
    FB641F71-F189-403F-B490-3310BCBF5FDF (resized).png
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Always enjoyed bangin on the jukebox down at Arnold’s...Aaaaaaaaa

#52 4 years ago

I voted Chick-Fil-A but man can I crush some Popeye’s. I once went there on a Sunday afternoon (hungover) and ordered $89.00 worth of food for me and my wife. I tried to finish it all, much to my wife’s horror.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Chik-fil-a for sure. We’ve driven 1 hour each way to go there. And right now they’re building one about 1 mile from my house. I may never eat at home again! (except for Sundays)

Chik-fil-a is out in front with 23 votes. Long John Silvers is bringing up the rear with one vote.

When I was on the road chasing my pins in unfamiliar territory ( 2-3-4 states away) McDonalds was always the easy place to find; Most of the time it was right next to the off-ramp. Usually a Burger King was around. Pizza Hut, Braum's, and Cracker Barrel were usually close by an exit. I tried some of the local food shops in some places. It usually was a crapshoot so I trended towards these national brands as my comfort zone.

McDonalds was usually for breakfast before hitting the road. It might be McDonalds for lunch, as well. And if a Cracker Barrel was around at the end of a long day on the road I would stop there.

#54 4 years ago

None of the above. Who wants to hang out at a fast food joint, doesn't that defeat the purpose? I go to a small local chain called Big Mario's, they do pizza by the slice and have a bar, they play old 80s movies on VHS and play punk and alternative music. That's a hang out place.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

None of the above. Who wants to hang out at a fast food joint, doesn't that defeat the purpose? I go to a small local chain called Big Mario's, they do pizza by the slice and have a bar, they play old 80s movies on VHS and play punk and alternative music. That's a hang out place.

I love that the one across from the ice box has like 15 copies of ghost on vhs.

#57 4 years ago

Jerseys Mikes

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

Burger Chef anyone...... ?
    It was my favorite place as a kid. At one time they were rivaling McDonalds in terms of locations.
    They were very innovative, credited with coming up with 'kids' meals and a burger bar where you added
    your own condiments to your burger! It was a great place to hang out on a summer day, they also had especially
    good shakes.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

miss that place!

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

I love that the one across from the ice box has like 15 copies of ghost on vhs.

Ha ha ha, I get pizza and drinks there a couple times a month when playing pinball at the Icebox and Bad Jimmys and noticed that too.

#60 4 years ago

God, I miss Zantigo's.

#61 4 years ago

I think if you ask who has their "shit together" as far as great service I would have to vote for Chick-fil-a for sure and their food is good also. If you ask "best value for dollar spent" I think Arby's specials are hard to beat. I think if you asked me based just on a great meal for a "fair" price I would vote for Firehouse Sub but you don't have that on your list. OMG their food is great and prices are not bad either.

Personally we try to mix it up when we travel and rarely eat fast food when we are not on the road. Another place that you get a decent meal for a decent price is Sheetz (again not on your list). Bottom line is everyone likes something different but for all around I have to pick Chick-fil-a as the winner right now,

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:Chik-fil-a is out in front with 23 votes.

I ate at Chick Fil A a couple times and it tasted good, but never quite sat right. Left me feeling like I wanted to heave, but couldn't quite do it. Now I know why.

CFA-not-healthy1 (resized).jpgCFA-not-healthy1 (resized).jpg
    #63 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I ate at Chick Fil A a couple times and it tasted good, but never quite sat right. Left me feeling like I wanted to heave, but couldn't quite do it. Now I know why.[quoted image]

I always feel a little “Chunky” after eating there. That’s why I call it “Chunk Fil A”.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I always feel a little “Chunky” after eating there. That’s why I call it “Chunk Fil A”.

It's bad stuff.

Arbys may be fake too, but at least it sits well.

#65 4 years ago

Arby’s is good. Always get the original. We are fortunate enough to have something much better. “Beefy King”, located on Bumby Ave in Orlando.

#66 4 years ago

Yeah, I'll eat Arbys. I don't usually go for cheese goo, but love their Beef N Cheddars and Potato Cakes. French Dip is awesome too.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But man am I sucker for Popeye's.

That's the damned truth. I've been fighting the urge to go pick up an 11 piece and tear into it for several days now.

#68 4 years ago

A friend told me about working at Arby's once and how the food arrives and is prepared and now I can never eat there again.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

A friend told me about working at Arby's once and how the food arrives and is prepared and now I can never eat there again.

I worked in an Arby's in 1970. I did not see anything funky going on with the food. I have no problem eating at Arby's. Not my fave but I won't turn up my nose at it.

#70 4 years ago

Depends on what I'm hungry for:
    5-Guys, Chick-fil-a, Jersey Mikes
    Once upon a time - Godfather's Pizza

Arby's used to be good until late 80s/early 90s when they went from real roast beef to that greasy, squishy whatever-it-is they pass off as roast beef.

#71 4 years ago

Interesting, looking at 'all' the ingredients of what goes into other chicken sandwiches joints such as Raising Canes - it comes out to nearly the same as the chick-fil-a list. One thing extra on the Raising Canes list that I did not see on the chick-fil-a list -- 'decayed, fermented anchovies'.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Atmosphere at Panera is great. Usually eat breakfast there on Sunday. Always looking for one when traveling.

I think I see more laptops there than food.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Once upon a time - Godfather's Pizza

Oh man! When they used to have the buttery cracker crust their pizza was the bomb!

Quoted from G-P-E:

One thing extra on the Raising Canes list that I did not see on the chick-fil-a list -- 'decayed, fermented anchovies'.

Nasty!

1 week later
    #74 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

(decayed, fermented anchovies)

Nasty!

Oh, no! Actually quite tasty!
    More commonly known as Worcestershire Sauce. Just don't ruin it by watching the Worcestershire Sauce episode of "How it's made".

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Oh, no! Actually quite tasty!
    More commonly known as Worcestershire Sauce. Just don't ruin it by watching the Worcestershire Sauce episode of "How it's made".

Well, naturally, I had to youtube that and have a look. Interesting.

2 weeks later
    #76 4 years ago

Chick-Fil-A is the clear winner in the poll....good food...clean establishment...courteous employees! Drive thru's always packed...

#77 4 years ago

chick-fil-a for sure!

2 months later
    #78 4 years ago

Gotta throw Sonic some love. When I was a teen, I worked as a cook there. Hung out after work and flirted with another cook all the time. This year we will celebrate 25 years of flirting

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

For Subs I'm going Dibellas first, although it's not everywhere, and Blimpies.

Italian on Everything Bread please....

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

God, I miss Zantigo's.

Hey Amigo, Meet me at Zantigo's was the catchphrase circa 1980.

#81 4 years ago

Skyline Chili ( Cincinnati’s finest).

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Always enjoyed bangin on the jukebox down at Arnold’s...Aaaaaaaaa

And a game of Bally Nip-It....

#83 4 years ago
    20200106_200915 (resized).png20200106_200915 (resized).png
    11 months later
    #84 3 years ago

Taco Bell is the correct answer!

#85 3 years ago

I've always been a big fan of hogies and the ones at Subway are really good
    and not too expensive so thats my first choice. If I were limited to only two
    types of food, it'd be hogies and Chinese food.

I'm getting hungry!

#86 3 years ago

Captain Harveys
    All food is more exciting when it’s dangerous.
    Plus they still offer free America Online

#87 3 years ago

Big Mario's Pizza... they are a local Washington State small chain. Independently and locally owned. They usually takeover old unique closed diner spaces and always have a bar, old TVs running VHS movies, and play rock'n'roll. Giant $4 pizza slices, cheap booze and a dive bar feel. It's a good schtick and fun to hang out in.

marios-logo-black (resized).pngmarios-logo-black (resized).png

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-fast-food-joint-is-your-favorite-dive-/page/2?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.