(Topic ID: 96270)

What failed today? Modern Pinball NYC Machine fails.

By Eddie

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 650 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 81 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this Thread worth continuing?”

• Yes 144 votes
    94%
  • No 9 votes
    6%

(153 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160203_123336_(resized).jpg
1402362_10201367040431952_1562673221_o.jpg
891980_10201367006791111_968546298_o.jpg
1379235_10201256300783799_142856395_n.jpg
image.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
14.jpg
16.jpg
15.jpg
13.jpg
12.jpg
11.jpg
8.jpg
18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

WCS ..Was asked to see why a center rollover stopped working or lighting. Well why wouldn't it work? Someone hot glued the entire assembly together along with the switch blades and left the lamp socket hanging to boot! Welcome to my world.
8.jpg

This confuses me, and maybe it's just the wording, but if someone asked whjy the center rollover 'stopped working', that indicates that it WAS working at some point, yes?

So that would indicate that someone there at Modern did the hot-glue .. uhm, 'fix'? Why wouldn't you have heard about it before now?

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

I am only there tue-wed-thrs eve from 5 until 9:30- 10. I was there Sat as well because my wife decorates the Themed B-day parties for Modern and on Sat the switch was working. So you deduced the obvious as to what goes on at Modern. Something I have been pulling my hair out over in this thread.

Holy. Shit.

That floors me. In the years (back in the 90's) when I worked at several arcades/family fun centers - and I wasn't the only tech - we would leave end-of-day notes to each other, letting the other guy know what was done. (i.e. "The rollover switch wasn't working. I hot-glued it to stop people from complaining.".. )

Keep up the reports, these are neat. And now that I have a better understanding of what goes on, a little bit more of it makes sense.

2 weeks later
#368 9 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

3/18
Breakdowns back to normal no time for pics.
Xenon……. false Tilts

..It's one of those days. I read this as 'False Tits', and had me confused for a moment.

2 months later
#438 8 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

dont take it out on him because you had a one time bad experience with him

WTH ? Who else to blame it on? The poor hobo across the street? This is the funniest thing I've read.

First impressions..

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

maybe i do have to say that english is not my primary language.. so take it with some salt.
the point is that FLR his efforts in pinball are tremendously, he deserves better then being trashtalked over here

Oh yeah, I figured as much! Just came across as an amusing way to say it, is all.

3 months later
#545 8 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Nice attempt but not correct!
in your defense the pic is bad due to the flash it gives the illusion of coil separation.
Anyone else care to guess?

It looks like the plunger's not falling all the way to the stop screw. Plus, on the power side of the coil, there's an odd (to me) smaller gauge wire attached - looks like a driver wire and not a power wire, but it's hard to tell, I'm probably mistaken as that'd blow a fuse immediately.

And looking at it, is it possible that the coil and stops are on the wrong side of the bracket? I see a rubber stop directly behind what I just called the 'stop screw'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 12.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-failed-today-modern-pinball-machine-fails?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.