(Topic ID: 96270)

What failed today? Modern Pinball NYC Machine fails.

By Eddie

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 650 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this Thread worth continuing?”

• Yes 141 votes
    94%
  • No 9 votes
    6%

(150 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 700 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160203_123336_(resized).jpg
1402362_10201367040431952_1562673221_o.jpg
891980_10201367006791111_968546298_o.jpg
1379235_10201256300783799_142856395_n.jpg
image.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
14.jpg
16.jpg
15.jpg
13.jpg
12.jpg
11.jpg
8.jpg
18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago

Hey, Eddie! I've seen you in there, too! You should cross-reference this thread with the other one trashing WOZ on location. Apparently, they're all broken all the time. Based on what you've said, pinball machines are always broken all the time. That'll happen when you have 3000 parts in every machine. Thanks for keeping Modern Pinball going; it's one of my favorite places to be!

1 week later
#30 5 years ago

Eddie: Could you please post all the repairs you've done on WOZ this week, even if you haven't actually done any? Just make some up. You're really upsetting the anti-WOZ bozos on this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozs-always-out-of-order-on-location

#38 5 years ago

Wow. Somebody's sensitive. Being called a bozo really isn't a big deal. Did you think I was talking to you? It was a blanket statement...relax. And this after I defended you on another thread...

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

You wonder where all the vitriol comes from yet sling it yourself. That was my point. I try very hard not to name call on these boards. What good do you see coming from calling people bozo's?
As for sticking up for me? Umm, thanks? I guess? That's a really odd statement. I would assume you were sticking up for what you believed in/thought was right, not for a specific person. Either way, I'm sure your a good person but personal attacks stick the joint up.

I call first and second graders I teach bozos when they're acting up. It's about as non-threatening a term as you can call somebody, and something you would kiddingly call someone you love (like your kids) when you're addressing them. I would hardly call it vitriol. Sorry I offended you.

EDIT: And I was sticking up for you because you were derided for your comment about ST. I think it's a good game, just not for me...but I thought you were entitled to your opinion without being belittled or made to sound like you're an idiot for feeling that way.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Why drag that into THIS thread though?
I like this thread.
You're post screams, "oh crap, there's no WOZ bashing for me to complain about, let me try to incite some, then I can go back to complaining about WOZ bashing!"
I'm not biting. From this thread, it sounds to me like WOZ is holding up as well as it's peers. This is an informative thread, let's keep it that way- plenty of other WOZ-centric threads to haunt....

Precisely. It was a joke that was supposed to make fun of the fact that everybody looks for a reason to WOZ-bash in every thread. I completely agree with you.

2 months later
#144 5 years ago

I've been to Modern Pinball twice...both times to play games (of course). I'm thinking I need to make another trip just to meet Eddie. I'd love to have him teach me a thing or two about repairs. I work for free when I'm being trained!

4 weeks later
#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

10/21
I dont know what if anything failed today as I took off for my B-day
One bit of interest however is that TWD had 547 plays on it by Sat eve closing time. The machine was powered up for the first time on Thursday at around 6:30 pm. Most plays by people that did not know it was a new machine just another in the lineup!
I dont know of anyplace where machines get played as much as at Modern. TWD had more plays then a lot of machines at Expo which ran for more time than we had TWD.

Yeah...the only problem at Modern (as at other places) is that most of the people that go there don't practice good pinball etiquette. (Noobs!) I've been there twice when people have loaded up four-player games and walked away after one ball. Frustrating for the next person that walks up to that machine. With Steve Z.'s blessing, I spent the better part of my two hours helping out by walking around and cycling machines off and on to clear the half-played games.

It happens at Silverball, too, but it doesn't seem to happen as much.

Happy Birthday, Eddie!

3 weeks later
#210 5 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Once you think you know it all or can solve any problem on your own you already have a problem.

This makes me feel so much better. I already know I don't know dick, so I must be a genius.

I was at MP last Friday and asked about you, Eddie...sorry I missed you! (Although I know you work nights...)

3 weeks later
#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

What failed at Modern? I DID!!!!

'Bout time. Makes the rest of us look bad.

1 month later
#266 4 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

it gets used, hard, every minute it's open.

I've known some women like that.

1 week later
#277 4 years ago

Do you ever tell the owners about this stuff? Seems like the other guy or guys shouldn't be working there.

#280 4 years ago

Agreed. You have as much of a chance of things fixing themselves as my wife does of having a husband with a bigger penis.

Actually, her chances might be better with the right lawyer, now that I think about it...

1 month later
#319 4 years ago

Hey, Eddie - Sounds like you're having a crisis of confidence with this thread (and your poll). Keep it up - as a repeat customer of MP, I'm always fascinated to see what it takes to keep an arcade going...and even more interested to see what parts generally fail when machines take a constant pounding. Thanks for the great work!

1 week later
#354 4 years ago

I'd just like to know who down-voted continuing this thread...

Quoted from mwsmith:

There's only 2 possible explanations for this.
1. You repaired everything too proper, now nothing is failing.
2. The other guy took care of everything before you got there.
Time for a poll.
I vote for #1

It's probably just because the other tech didn't come in before Eddie!

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

3/11
SM …….. The Sand Man got sand bagged

Better than getting tea bagged, I suppose.

2 weeks later
#377 4 years ago

Hey, Eddie...I found out who the two people are who downvoted continuing this thread: Douche and Bag. Keep up the great work!

2 weeks later
#391 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Yeah! What he said! Illegitimately non-carbonated or something!

#398 4 years ago

What's the problem with that flipper button? I don't see it.

2 weeks later
#413 4 years ago

I'm REALLY sorry I missed you at Allentown, Eddie!

3 weeks later
#436 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

My girlfriend and I went there once and he was kinda rude (like a put up or shut up/this is my place way), so I just chalked it up as East Coast Mentality to my girl, but she said, "NO, that guy at the front desk is just an Asshole." She's from Jersey, so I guess she'd know better then me.

And what, exactly, is THAT supposed to mean?

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

you are talking about my friend francesco which is in my eyes 1 of the biggest supporters/contributors in pinball of this time when it comes to NY Pinball tournaments / leagues.. he is absolutly not an A hole as ur girlfriend says he is, as i know him personally for many years now.
im for sure that u might have caught him on a bad day, and yes i dare to say that also you poster had a bad day on a place where you really shouldnt have a bad day but you did.. dont take it out on him because you had a one time bad experience with him. he is one of my best friends in the world of pinball which happens to work for Modern Pinball NYC
francesco.jpg

Well...I guess he told you!

In the future, please direct all accusations of assholedom towards me--whether I earn them or not. I'm always happy to take the blame for somebody else, and you can be pretty sure that absolutely NOBODY will jump to my defense.

1 week later
#452 4 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Not a typical Post but just thought I would share what I deal with when I have to work with other "techs"
The sound board on DM has been out so someone decided they would replace a transistor and this is the result.
4.jpg
Now here is the result when I remove a transistor.
5.jpg
This is just a sample of what must be dealt with when not the sole tech.

Hey, Eddie! I hope the other techs there don't sniff around Pinside. If they do, I can't imagine you have many friends over there. Then again, who would want idiots like that as friends? Keep up the great work!

1 month later
#507 4 years ago

Ah...Eddie...you should be here at ReplayFX! I asked Steve where you were.

4 weeks later
#538 4 years ago

Fun fact: I actually did maintenance at Modern one time. Really! Ask Steve. There was a family there that kept starting four-player games, playing one ball, and walking away. It was a cacophony of noise in there...and all from games that weren't even being played. Steve was kind enough to let me reboot every machine that had been abandoned. So I spent my hour or two in there alternately playing games and rebooting machines.

That's GOT to be the most annoying part of running a pay-one-price arcade. It pisses me the hell off.

2 months later
#621 4 years ago

Don't feel bad, Eddie. TigerLaw just posted a pic from there, and it's closed now because all the machines are busted.

#642 4 years ago

Here's a better idea, Eddie: Just remove the word "machine" from the topic title. Then it'll bring the thread up to date.

3 months later
#647 3 years ago

He doesn't know because he doesn't work there anymore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside