image-462.jpg
image-823.jpg
image-79.jpg
image-670.jpg
image-672.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-75.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I really enjoy the thread created by Eddie about the breakdowns at modern pinball so I thought I would also share some of my machine failures for some additional info on what breaks on location. I have 8 pins that get a lot of plays each week.

10/31

TMNT - auto plunger snapped in half. This game was supposed to be in another barcade before I got it so I thought it would last a little bit longer but it only took 4 days for it to fail

TFTC - all 3 screws came out of the flipper bushing

FG - broken flipper linkage

image-672.jpgimage-672.jpgimage-191.jpgimage-191.jpgimage-75.jpgimage-75.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Thanks for sharing your work like Eddie. Nice to see the work that goes on under these conditions.

#3 9 years ago

Well get them up and going. I'm going there tomorrow. I the same thing happen to my tmnt when i had one.

#4 9 years ago

11-2

Addams - left flipper stuck. Plunger and crank nut backed all the way off the screw

WCS - Plunger rubber shredded and diode on goalie target broke. Cleaned up existing solder work on that target

TMNT - auto kicker pivot arm broke so the auto plunger is down again. Sigh. Luckily the game isn't down since the plunger in there is long enough to make contact with the ball

image-918.jpgimage-918.jpgimage-462.jpgimage-462.jpgimage-823.jpgimage-823.jpgimage-79.jpgimage-79.jpgimage-670.jpgimage-670.jpgimage-977.jpgimage-977.jpg

#5 9 years ago

I was down there Saturday and played some games. Nice to see some maintained machines on route. I couldn't play taf because some old guy and his wife were working in shifts never letting anyone else play so that sucked. I have one suggestion would to turn down the wcs a little bit when the fireworks go off it's ear piercing.

#6 9 years ago

I ultimately pulled tmnt off route because of the turbo plunger on that game. Turbo my ass. It was always breaking, then balls would build up in the lane and it was impossible to clear them with out taking off the glass. Idk if you already keep an excel spreadsheet of your repairs or not but I have found it to be very useful.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Idk if you already keep an excel spreadsheet of your repairs or not but I have found it to be very useful.

+1
-mof

#8 9 years ago

11-8

Family Guy - Upper flipper not working. Wire came off coil

South Park - Balls jammed in entry to trough (reason for trip to bar and found all the rest of these issues)

World Cup - balls stuck by ball due to triangle plastic coming off

World Cup (return trip) - 89 led flasher in trough causing jam. I have no idea where it came from since I think all flashers on top of PF are 906

Tftc - balls stuck all over like usual

T2 - wire off middle target bank

Addams - multi switch errors and things hand was having issues going back down. Took box off and make sure nothing was loose or whatever and started working again. Ordering new thing motor

Tmnt - display stuck on slam tilt. Reseated ribbons cables so need to replace those.

image-493.jpgimage-493.jpgimage-731.jpgimage-731.jpgimage-833.jpgimage-833.jpg

1 week later
#9 9 years ago

11/15

TMNT - balls jammed up on ramp

WCS - flipper sticking on EOS switch. Flipper bushing loose and throwing off mech. Needs new plate since one of the bushing screws is stripped

Addams - plunger and linkage nut backed all the way off screw again on left flipper

South Park - ball stuck under Kenny and Kenny optos reading all the time

Spiderman - trough jam switch error

image.jpgimage.jpg image-230.jpgimage-230.jpg image-777.jpgimage-777.jpg
#10 9 years ago

I'm afraid I'll have to take credit for the issues with Kenny on Saturday night. I hit him solid in the head and the ball escaped to the hole on the left. Having never played it before, I thought it was odd but the game kept playing normal. Hopefully not too much to repair.

Such a great lineup right now. Spent a couple hours there and left feeling like I still suck at pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 18.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 29.99
$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-failed-today-at-up-down-barcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.