(Topic ID: 49703)

What existing games would you like to see re-themed?

By jar155

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Just curious if there are any games out there that you like the gameplay but would like to see the theme changed to something else, kind of like FG and Shrek. I can think of a few. If you want, feel free to say what theme would go well with the layout as well.

Also, by re-theming something, it doesn't mean that you necessarily dislike the original theme. Just think of great layouts that would work well with new themes.

Here are a few of mine:

ToM to TMNT
    Change the trunk to a sewer entrance, shake up the modes a bit, and you'd finally have a great TMNT game. It's an approachable layout that would work well for a theme that would bring in lots of kids.

TOTAN to Ghostbusters
    Imagine having the Genie replaced with Stay Puft and the lamp changed to Slimer. The layout would be perfect for a good Ghostbusters game, I feel.

AC/DC to Led Zeppelin
    I have an AC/DC on its way here, but man, I really wish it was a band I liked more. AC/DC works well for pinball, but I've never been a big fan of the band. Led Zeppelin would be a nice rock theme, and that layout on AC/DC is already darn near perfect.

IJ (WMS) to Star Wars
    I can't even imagine how great this would look re-themed as Star Wars. Make the Path of Adventure be Dagobah, replace the planes with X-Wings and TIE Fighters, and you have the first great Star Wars pin.

Lord of the Rings to Avengers
    Gomez's best game getting re-themed to possibly his best license. It would be magical. Balrog could be Hulk and it would work well. The ring could be replaced with the Tesseract or maybe Iron Man's arc reactor. A better flowing game for a fast-paced superhero theme.

#2 10 years ago

Doctor Who to Top Gun. PF could be the deck of an aircraft carrier. Loops and sonic booms are already appropriate. WHO combo could be Mach 1, 2 and 3. As mini PF lifts up the jet could be taking off, target array would be to acquire a lock-on, scoop shots could launch rockets. Successful hit is a jackpot. Video mode could be a canyon run dogfight.

It's a fast game and if you nailed the sound then a jet theme would be very immersive.

#3 10 years ago

I have a few themes I would love, Goonies is my top. But honestly I havent put enough playing time on any specific titles with my themes in mind. soliciting a retheme is definitely in my future though, it is eating at me.

Jason

#4 10 years ago

Star Wars Episode I to Star Wars Episode V - So many great lines and fantastic scenery would make for an awesome pin2K experience. No more JarJar Juggling; no more JarJar period.

#5 10 years ago

JM as the Matrix........with a KIT!

#6 10 years ago

Monster Bash to the Munsters.

#7 10 years ago

Demolition Man. Army of Darkness

#8 10 years ago

NFL to College Football; SEC specifically.

#9 10 years ago

Baywatch to Jaws

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrpostman:

I have a few themes I would love, Goonies is my top. But honestly I havent put enough playing time on any specific titles with my themes in mind. soliciting a retheme is definitely in my future though, it is eating at me.
    Jason

+ 1 for the Goonies!!... I say retheme Demo man to to the Goonies.

#11 10 years ago

Just to get this out of the way before the usual suspects are on it:

WOZ to Anything Else

#12 10 years ago

Full throttle to Circe (the initial project)

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Lord of the Rings to Avengers
    Gomez's best game getting re-themed to possibly his best license. It would be magical. Balrog could be Hulk and it would work well. The ring could be replaced with the Tesseract or maybe Iron Man's arc reactor. A better flowing game for a fast-paced superhero theme.

I'll agree on this one!

#14 10 years ago

Sopranos to Futurama. Safe/Bender, Fish/Zoidberg, Stugots/Planet Express ship.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-existing-games-would-you-like-to-see-re-themed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.