3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by taboo8614
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I did not make this up.

I love this stall ball (stall-ball? Stallball?) game but was hoping to get a proper explanation of the rules/varients/tangents, etc.

Anyone ever play this? My dogs go nuts.

Here’s my understanding:

4 players.
    1 game.
    3 balls.

After agreeing on the legit ‘stalls’ (times when the game holds a single ball in play) and an order, player one fires up a single game.

When that player hits a stall, he/she yells ‘Stall!’, vacates the game and the next player jumps in.

Whomever drains the ball is out.

Ball 2 = 3 players
    Ball 3 = 2 players

Last player standing.

STALLBALL!

is that it?

#2 3 years ago

We just play as many balls as it takes till there is only 1 player left.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

We just play as many balls as it takes till there is only 1 player left.

Yup, it's basically knockout that we'd play on the basketball court back in middle school. Start a 4 player game right off the bat so you maximize the game time. Keep going until there's one player left. If Ball 3 drains, that player is obviously out, and then you restart a new 4 player game and resume.

... and there's no limit to # of players. You can play a 20 person Stall-Ball if you want.

#4 3 years ago

The more the wackier!

2 years later
    #5 8 months ago

I played this years ago at a Pinburgh. I think my next night of $ games needs to include some stallball.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-exactly-is-stall-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.