(Topic ID: 168232)

what exactly does a non-ribbed leg look like ?

By Stormtrooper

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

non-ribbed leg (resized).JPG
leg-28rc (resized).jpg
leg-28ca (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stormtrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

According to pbr the first pic is a ribbed leg. Clearly it has a rib along the outside corner and one down each side almost the full length of the leg
leg-28rc (resized).jpgleg-28rc (resized).jpg

The second pic is listed as a non-ribbed leg and matched the legs on the few gottlieb ems I currently own from 1976-1978. It still has the rib or ridge down the outside corner.
leg-28ca (resized).jpgleg-28ca (resized).jpg

I order 27" non-ribbed legs and received the legs in the bottom of the third pic. Clearly no ribs or ridges at all, the corners are a perfect 90 degree corner and sides are perfectly flat and do not match any legs on the machines I have. The legs taped up in the top of this photo are the ones removed from my Jacks Open and have the single ridge down the outside corner.
non-ribbed leg (resized).JPGnon-ribbed leg (resized).JPG

Either I have received the wrong legs or the pic of a non-ribbed leg is wrong ? All the pics I can find of gottlieb ems from these years have the legs with a single rib down the outside corner ? Does non-ribbed actually mean a single rib down the outside corner and if so what are the legs with two perfectly flat sides referred to as ? Isn't there actually three types: multi-ribbed; single-ribbed and non-ribbed ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stormtrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-exactly-does-a-non-ribbed-leg-look-like?tu=Stormtrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.